Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i searched alot of places to discuss this and now i finally found this place.here i wanted to discuss about dribbling which is my very weakest point when i play soccer.i am perfect in every thing but dribbling even though when i play some body one on one and not in a match i dribble so good and sometimes i throw them down be dribbling but in a match its a total different thing i just dont seem to have the confidence to dribble around fearing that i may loose the ball.but still the people here are very willing to pick me up all the time because i pass a lot and i pass well.in some words to diescribe my playing style my shooting accuracy is perfect the best around here shooting power undoubtably the best around here crossing perfect it is.passes so creative strenght not proud but i am full of strenght i have been working out for five years now and probablystrenght is one of my best weapos.speed lightening fast barely anybody can match my speed here and another part of speed where i am perfect is accleration i accelerate so fastly and heading i am better than average slighltly better than average.size i am 77 kg and 1.81metres tall.may be thats why i am so oftenly picked and also i score so goals too.but during the field this is how i am.straight away when somebody passes the ball to me i pass it on forward without even stopping it probably because i dont have the confidence to dribble like the others have in here.and that is the reason why when you see me play i am so dull in a game and nobody could see me in the game but my scoring style is that i am so dull but once i just find the right mentality and score a beauty goal so i am so dull in the game and suddenly i jump out and score i wonder goal.the goals that i score i will give you some of my goals as an example i was in the middle of midfield and attackers and a midfeilder passed the ball to me and i just didnt even see the goal but just chipped it over to score a goal over the goalie oh and i forgot to mention i play as a forward.another goal we were defending the whole game suddenly an opponent passed me the ball mistakely so i went on to counter attack from the left wing side and when i exactly reached the middle line of the field i shot and the ball went all the way and went just through the goalies hands and the top post and went in for a goal another goal was when i had no support in a corner as every body was coming forward slowly to take the corner and my teammate mistakely took the corner too early and i was the only one available for it luckily the corner came straight to my legs and i was outside the box and i had four defenders on me so i just shot from outside the box and i found a nice corner of the net to find the goal and another time i was supported by a perfect pass so i went on towards the goalkeeper and there were two defenders on my side so i was fearing they might dispess the ball of me so just in side the box i shot with so much power that the ball went through the goalies hand.now i want you fellow xtratime members to tell me is itt possible to become a great soccer player withought being good at dribbling and can you become a great player with the statstics that i mentioned above.thanks very much.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
I really can't help in this because I have never had to work on dribbling and beating defenders for some reason.

Just try and run at full speed by yourself with the ball at your feet, and keep it as close as possible to your body. Start off slowly and build up. Hit the ball very lightly though, it will follow through the speed of your run.

Then try and look up, and keep the ball in control at the same time, and build up speed on that. You can still see the ball at the bottom of your eyes.

Then try with cones. Spaced out scarcely as defenders.

:)

·
Registered
447 Posts
if it is a confidence problem thats something ur gonna have to change for yourself i mean everyone losses the ball and you have 10 other players to back you up when you do so dont be afraid to take someone one on one espically if you have the speed you said you had

·
Registered
788 Posts
"Just try and run at full speed by yourself with the ball at your feet, and keep it as close as possible to your body. Start off slowly and build up. Hit the ball very lightly though, it will follow through the speed of your run."

Watch football videos to learn this way of moving with the ball, take a look at very technical players like Zidane, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, players that have elevated dribbling skills. They will teach you how to move around on the pitch ;)

Practice on letting the ball change direction very rapidly by just a little tap... It takes alot of practice, if the talent hasn't been given to you.
Play minifootball. It's much more technical than regular football, you'll learn more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts