Votes: 64 48.5%
  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Votes: 68 51.5%
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
both are extreeeeemly talented, both have wonderful ball control, who wins guys?

to the ppl who saw madrid 1-0 juve, zlatan made an awesome move, he dribbled pass helguera and samuel ;)

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Pleas. Zlatan may come up with something every once in a while, but he doesn't come close to Ronaldo. The Portugese does his stuff in an amazing speed Zlatan could only dream about.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Ronaldo is better because of how much faster he is. But Zlatan can pull off some crazier shit sometimes--elasticos, nutmegs, etc. Even though Ronaldo is more effective, I'd rather watch Zlatan dribble around all day.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's exactly my point futbolisa, zlatan comes upo with many tricks and succeeds to manage something with them, ronaldo just does the scissors trick then cross it to nowhere's land ..

·
Registered
396 Posts
as they say Ronaldo dribbles att much faster speed.. BUT yes there is a But, Zlatan is more creative than ronaldo because ronaldo always does the same tricks.. Zlatan has more tricks in his body than Ronaldo so i vote for Zlatan... Plus that zlatan plays for Juve so i voted for him :D

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
zlatan is what i would call a natural dribbiler..hes is outragous at times...c.ronaldo is more direct but less flashy in my opinion...effectivness though hes better..but zlatan does things with the ball that is quite frankly sensational

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
In overall I think Zlatan is the more complete player (allthough he doesn't score that much for a striker). But the better dribbler is still C. Ronaldo.

I dont agree with the Christiano pace-argument because at that stage Zlatan has his strenght as extra advantage.

·
Registered
17,622 Posts
They play different positions therefore their dribbling has different contexts.

As Ronaldo is a winger, his dribbling centers around taking defenders out directly, and he has more more space on the wing to run with the ball. I agree his speed helps him be more effective than Zlatan, in the sense that he often creates more opportunities for himself to cross, pass or shoot as he can speed away from a defender once he dribbles him. But his dribbles usually follow a set pattern, and it's rare that you see him do a move other than that. He's like a more flamboyant version of Giggs in that way.

Zlatan as a striker/forward, usually dribbles near the opposition's penalty box, and therefore has much less space to work in. But you'll notice that he's a phenomenal dribbler in tight spaces due to that. I agree with Pirri that Zlatan is a natrual dribbler, and his repertoire of moves is almost limitless and it's his ability to perform an array of different kinds of moves that makes him a joy to watch and unpredictable to mark out of a game. But because of his lack of pace, you'll rarely see him taking out more than one defender with a dribble. Although there are exceptions to that, some quite spectacular ones at that.

Overall, i think on effectiveness it's Ronaldo, based on a ratio of opportunties that are created from his dribblings. But if we're talking solely on raw ability and innate talent, then Zlatan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Honestly, I fully agree with Nero, but if you think about it C. Ronaldo has got bags of experience even though he is in his second season with the Red Devils. He has shown maturity very early and he has been rewarded with a mouth watery starting XI at United. He has also outshined fellow mate Ricardo Quaresma in Portugal's XI during Euro 2004. Even though he has been dissapointing in some matches, he would cover for his miserable performance in big games. Such as the final last yr and his sublime performance against Arsenal a month ago. On the other hand, you've got Zlatan who has been Juve's main attacking threat this season. He has shown his class last week against Madrid....but does Zlatan actually does a difference whether he is on or off the pitch. I mean I can pin point his outrageous goal against Italy in Euro 2004, but apart from that and from other small matches Zlatan is still half as convincing as C.Ronaldo is

·
Registered
6 Posts
Egyptian_Juventino said:
both are extreeeeemly talented, both have wonderful ball control, who wins guys?

to the ppl who saw madrid 1-0 juve, zlatan made an awesome move, he dribbled pass helguera and samuel ;)

The Question is did Zlatan actually change the scoreline.....wait did madrid win oh ya NO.....You can have zlatan dribble through all of the Madrid players even through the keeper and hit the post and still not change the scoreline.....performance matters but whats more important is the result and apparently not only zlatan but the "signora vecchi" failed to score, and you will probabley reply wait till madrid go to turin, and by God I cant wait

·
Registered
402 Posts
Zlatan has changed the scoreline many times this season for Juventus, mostly not by beating players but by good control under pressure.
With Ajax he scored many dribble goals that Cristiano can only dream of, like against Celta last year and Lyon two years ago and this year against Breda in the Dutch league when he beat something like 4 players (couple of times each!) and scored.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Alexey said:
Zlatan has changed the scoreline many times this season for Juventus, mostly not by beating players but by good control under pressure.
With Ajax he scored many dribble goals that Cristiano can only dream of, like against Celta last year and Lyon two years ago and this year against Breda in the Dutch league when he beat something like 4 players (couple of times each!) and scored.
Actually that was the problem with Zlatan at Ajax. Allthough he was very important for the team because he could hold the ball, he didn't score that many goals. And the ones he did score where ussually the easy ones. :undecide:

But I do agree that the goal against NAC was very sweet. :star:

·
Registered
402 Posts
It seems to me that Zlatan is more of a creator than a scorer, but he has scored great goals for Ajax (and Sweden), I just brought you some examples.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You have a point, but if you look at Zlatan's physical apperance. He is strong, tall (1.92m) and can be a heart ache to world class defenders. On the other hand look at C.Ronaldo he isnt as strong and he isnt as tall (1.84m), and he as got bags of potential. I mean Man U. havent experienced such splendid football since Eric Cantona left the English Giants. And I admit under pressure from the opposition is Ronaldo's week point, but you have to admit that, that lad has got what it takes to complete the job. And so far he has been outstanding. Zlatan has done a great job since being employed at Juve but C.Ronaldo's performances have been more convincing. The rest is for you to judge.

·
Registered
402 Posts
borzayga86 said:
I mean Man U. havent experienced such splendid football since Eric Cantona left the English Giants.
They played their best football when Cantona left, only it was team football, it's in the last 2 years that they haven't been playing too well.
But Cristiano is still not Cantona with all respect to him.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Alexey said:
They played their best football when Cantona left, only it was team football, it's in the last 2 years that they haven't been playing too well.
But Cristiano is still not Cantona with all respect to him.
Aye Cristiano aint Cantona, noone is...but wtf do you mean United only played their best team football after the King left???
Are you trying to imply that he was selfish??? :rolleyes:

For the best United team, the 99 team maybe was worse then the 93-94, so by your statement you are wrong :rolleyes:

·
Registered
402 Posts
For the sentimental United fan the mid 90's team was the best because they cruised in an incompetitive league, but in 98 - 2002 (esp. in the beginning of that period) Man U was one of the big teams on the European scale, mostly thanks to the effective 4-4-2 system which couldn't be fully implemented with Cantona who was always the center of the team.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts