·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nice topic
why not just keep salas as 3rd/4th striker

hes a good team with vieri also!!

FORZA LAZIO!
ps there is no point to replace salas if the replacement is someone like angel!!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
We need a new wing back, such as Panucci, Laursen or Salihamidzic. Cannavaro or Thuram will also suit for Lazio :)

Our midfield is very good, i can say our midfield is the best in Serie A, but we do need a new midfielder, Stefano Fiore and Roberto Baronio would be good enough replacement for Lazio if they sell Almeyda, Conceicao, DLP or maybe Super Simeone :)
Both of them is also an Italian Players.

We also need a new attackers, we've bought Lopez from Valencia, We need Vieri, He is strong, he is good in the air, and the important thing is he's keen to move to Lazio again :)
Rivaldo will also suit for Lazio, he is one of the best.

I forgot to mention about Goalkepper, we badly needs a new Goalkepper, i don't think Parma will sell Buffon, the only possibilities is Toldo or Frey, Carini is also a good buy, but he needs to prove himself that he's good enough to play for Lazio

Forza Lazio

C

·
0 Posts
Hey
Why dont we try and get Denilson. i think we can get him cheap now that Betis has been relegated. He have to take a pay cut in Betis. A big paycut, and I dont think he want that. He could be a great sub for Lazio.

Forza Lazio

Cinelli

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
If we are talking possible transfers ( forget about Davids for ex ).

Out: Boksic, Ravanelli, Salas.

In: Jorgensen / Kily Gonzales ( left wing ), Rio Ferdinand ( Central - right defender ), Buffon, Vieri and a striker that would accept being nr 4.

Not Counting C Lopez.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I just can´t adapt to the thought of having Rivaldo in my team.

Ok Rivaldo is great, he is after all player of the year and that title doesn´t come cheap. Rivaldo is great at assists, he is maybe the worlds greatest dribbler, he has a powerful shot and he has ice in his vains ( misses one penalty and takes the ball right away to put away the second ).

I won´t cry if Rivaldo comes as a replacement to Salas but if he comes to replace Veron/Lopez !!! Lopez and Rivaldo would play at the same position. I´m a bit concerned about the words of Cragnotti " I have already recieved offers about Lopez for a higher price then we bought him " does these words mean anything ?? could Cragnotti sell Lopez to finance a Rivaldo deal ?? and would that make any sense ??

The answer is no no no.

Salas won´t go for 3rd striker and he´s to expensive to have as a fourth striker.

Stefano Fiore is great but Baronio will become better.

Maybe Peruzzi for Lazio :) he is excellent but that´s not really thinking about the future is it.

L

·
0 Posts
I cant believe this, sounds like everyone wants to sell the whole team after they just won the title!!
The best thing to do is to keep the whole squad since this is the squad that won seria A and they are used to each other and playing with each other. Dont yous think that if yous bring in new players they'll take a while to get used to each other and play well with each other? IF cragnotti sells players and brings in new players i reckon we dont have a chance next season at winning again cause i think it will take them a whole season just to get used to playing with each other. I also cant believe that yous want to sell El Matador after all he has done for Lazio. If it wasn't for his goal against bologna, they would have drawn and we wouldn't have won the scudeto!. We all know that he went through a bad period but i think selling him will be the biggest mistake lazio can make cause i m 100% sure next season he will be a contender for the golden boot!!!!

R

·
0 Posts
We need certainly a very good striker. Claudio Lopez is good but we need three good strikers. Maybe is Hasselbaink something? Batistuta is to old. Vieri isn't cheap. Jardel is another option. But Hasselbaink is cheap because Atletico has been relegated.

Rivaldo isn't a player for the Lazio system.

When Almeyda goes You need a new midfielder. Baronio isn't good enough for play at Lazio.
Denilson is an option, Gerard another (but I think he goes to AC Milan),Davids is very good and Redondo isn't bad.

As goalie must they try anything to buy Buffon but I don't think that Parma will sell him. Than you can buy Toldo.

We must sell De La Pena,Salas and Boksic because De La Pena and Boksic aren't good enough and Salas is to expensive to have as 4th striker.

(sorry for the bad English)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Pomagia,i see you have a special place in your heart ofr Filippo Injaghi,but are you serious proposing selling Nesta and Almeyda and buying HIM?
Think again(and better) and then post! :)

------------------
*AVANTI LAZIO,IL FUTURO TI APPARTIENE*

S

·
0 Posts
Sell Salas ???? No way, hose !
If you would ask me i would buy Bobo, Claudio, Buffon and one good defence player, maybe Pelegrino (from Valencia) We could have DJUKIC to but he is much too old ( 36 )
:)

FORZA LAZIO !!!

T

·
0 Posts
Out:Salas,Boksic

in:Vieri,C Lopez,Buffon,Thuram

------------------
Jonathan

[This message has been edited by THE VERY BEST (edited 16-05-2000).]

D

·
0 Posts
R u blind loch_ness, pomagia is a juve - fan!!!!!!
transfers?
out: salas, stankovic, ravanelli, maybe - inzaghi
in: lopez, fiore, crespo/jardel/vieri

------------------

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
For me this would be the summer transfers for Lazio :

In : Lopez, Vieri (or Jardel if we can't get Vieri), Frey
Out : Boksic and Ravanelli

BTW: is Baronio already bought for next season ??

[This message has been edited by Kevin (edited 16-05-2000).]

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Loco,you cant keep exactly the same squad without strengthening it.I mean what's the point of keeping Boksic or Ravanelli?

Players OUT:

Boksic (not good enough,as I was saying even before the start of the season)

Ravanelli (he is too good to play every two weeks.He can still do exeptionally good at a team like Reggina)

Lombardo (unless there is a special reason like his dress-room presence there is no point in keeping him.It would be better for everyone if someone from the youth team took his chances)

If I was Lazio I would sell Salas and Stankovic as well.Marcelo is a good player but he wont accept being 3rd choice and Stankovic will never become the player he has the potential to be by sitting on the bench.And thats what he will do at Lazio.Sell them both now that they still have value,none of them is irreplacable.

Players IN:

Claudio Lopez (starter number 1 for next season)

A big,tall,scoring forward.Crespo will not be sold and Vieri will be extremelly tough to get.Jardel is a realistic option but I smell something with Batigol cooking over there. :)

A central defender.Dont know who but a wise move would be to bring back to Italy Lorenzo Amoruso from Glascow Rangers.He is an improved Couto and he may makes some mistakes but along with Nesta they will make a scary couple.

A goalkeeper.Thank you Signor Marchegianni,thank you Signor Ballota.Go both to the bench now.Toldo would be the ideal solution but if you want something really good and really cheap go for Alessio Scarpi of Cagliari.Frey is of course an option.

------------------
Any given Sunday,you either win or loose.That's FOOTBALL...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Yeah,directly from the lips of Al "Tony Dalmato" Pacino.It refers to American football but makes no difference to me. :)

------------------
Any given Sunday,you either win or loose.That's FOOTBALL...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
OUT : Ravanelli , Boksic
IN : Vieri or Hasselbaink and a good defender like Thuram

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Are you nuts?? :) Vieri is a world class player, I'd be very happy if he play for Lazio next season.
I'd say:
Vieri = Almeyda + Salas + $$
Rivaldo = Nedved, I wonder why this guy want to leave Lazio :(
Lopez
Fiore :)
Baronio (I'm glad his back)
Frey/Buffon/Toldo/Peruzzi
Laursen/Jeremies
Panucci/ Salihamidzic

Out:
Almeyda (Exchange for Vieri)
Salas (Exchange for Vieri)
Nedved :( (He said that he wants to play for Man SCUM)
Conceicao (Milan wants him)
Veron (i'd rather have Veron than Rivaldo)
Boksic :) (Marseille)
Mihaljovic (If some club make a great offers, i don't think Crag & co will keep him)
Nesta :( :( :( (The stupid things after Signori :) )

Forza Lazio

·
Registered
120 Posts
Lochness_Monster

Actually, I myself am not a fan of Pippo at all.
But, as a matter of fact, I see that there are a lot of people(especially girls) who love him so much in my country and all over the world. And some of them, after knowing the rumour saying that he might come to Lazio, hope him to join to be with his brother Simone.
So, it's a big dream transfer of many fans of "the beautiful brothers of Italy". Not a dream of my own, though. Having two stars like them must make Lazio become much more popular. Great?

About Nesta, seems like he's not as highly rated or much loved even by enthusiastic Lazio fans as before. For examle, some of them put Nesta on the bench in their "Dream Team of Serie A"(in another thread). Besides, someone says he's not as good as before the injury he suffered during the World Cup, and Lazio could do without him.
In my opinion, Lazio doesn't need such "not the best" player, especially as a captain. In other words, he's not great enough to be a Lazio player and captain.
All the more because I used to believe he was one of the greatest players and the most respected by Lazio fans, I would like him to leave so that I wouldn't have to feel disappointed to see him playing in Lazio as "not the best player".

About Almeyda, I don't think he's not good enough to play in Lazio. But some fans have pointed out through the season that Lazio has no room for having a player who is injury-prone. I want to respect their opinion.

However, both Nesta and Almeyda are highly rated by some other teams, and they could be sold at high prices. It's lucky that selling them would bring some money or other great(hopefully greater) and stout players instead to Lazio.

I should add a few more players in the "in" list. Maybe one of them sould be Montero who is without doubt the best defender, as a replacement of Nesta. And Baronio, for the position where Almeyda has been.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts