111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
u can put ronaldo if u want... :D

for me, it's gonna be...

===============cesar==================
j.zanetti===cordoba/chivu===samuel===maxwell
figo=====cambiasso=====?????=====stankovic/robben
========adriano========tevez/henry======

i still don't know who can replace veron if we don't get ballack which is very likely...i m not sure if we can get riquelme...or if he fits this team or not...i like chivu and still want him to come...either tevez or henry would be great for us...
besides, i want a true left wing...i would love to see robben come...vicente would be cool but not so sure about any spanish players having success in serie A...but give me robben and i would be happy...

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
=====================Toldo=======================
===J.Zanetti======Cordoba======Samuel========Maxwell==
===Figo=========Cambiasso====Veron/Pizarro======Stankovic
================Adriano======Martins/Recoba===========

COACH: HITZFELD, the man, the mind, the legend......

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
The first thing Inter needs to decide is whether they are keeping Queercini or not. Currently the team is well set-up for a standard 4-4-2 so that is the system that Inter needs to persist with. I couldn't see the whole match last night but Inter was doing well in the first half. I liked the fluidity in the midfield. It was not a stop-start movement.

Some players need to be confirmed but some players need to be released or relegated to the bench IMO:

--------------------------- Cesar --------------------------------

-- ??? -------------- ??? --------- Samuel -------------- Maxwell --

--- Figo ---------- Cambiasso ----- ??? --------------- Stankovic --

------------------- Adriano ----- Martins -------------------------

Defence

You guys are pretty fond of Cordoba but I am not to be honest. He is fast and quick and a long term servant of the club but I am not satisfied entirely with him. Materazzi is a nothing player in my book and hence I would try to bring in some good organizer. The trouble is that Inter needs a monster in defence. Samuel is well set. Maybe continuing with Materazzi or Cordoba can be an option as there are other important gaps to fill in firstly.

JZ is getting old now and the fullbacks need to do a lot of running. You will need a right-back and somebody like Ze Maria is not the most ideal man. Trabelsi could be a decent one but somebody has to come in now to stabilize that side.

Midfield

I remember having this debate a long time ago that Veron was not a natural leader in the midfield. It was interesting at the time as quite a few of you didn't agree. I still think that he is not a leader. He is a decent player but not a commanding presence in your side that makes the opposition shake in their boots a little bit. Since he wants to leave something needs to be done there. That is the most difficult purchase to make IMO.

Pizarro can fill in but who are we kidding? He is not exactly the answer to Inter's problem. You need a general. If Veron couldn't end up being one then Pizarro is a far cry. Can you lure Gerrard? Frings perhaps? To be honest I really don't know.

I really haven't thought hard enough as to who Inter should be gunning for. Ballack looked a decent choice albeit a short-term solution. Not worth the money he is demanding though.

Figo is getting on as well. You need a winger but there aren't many good ones out there. The trend to play 5 midfielders in Europe is emerging as well. Inter needs to go out and get a winger because if Figo gets injured or tired then you don't have a decent winger to fall back on.

Stankovic can be ok but he cries a lot. On-form he is very good but maybe his time is up now. He could be retained as he is still decent enough. Kily Gonzalez is an eternal idiot from day 1. I'd rather not comment on that fool.

Forwards

Adriano, Martins and Cruz are all good IMO. Getting the Fat One won't be the end of the world as he still has it. He already dominates in the lunch break. All you need to do is convert that domination to match-days.

I've not been impressed by your coach for a long time. He is tactically inept. Hitzfeld would be a very good choice. In any case I think you will manage to win the elusive Scudetto in your centenary year. :eekani: It is getting nearer. I know it sounds like a complete revolution is required once again but for now the one important transfer that Inter needs to make is get that midfield leader. You can manage with your current crop but a jump in quality is required in that position more than others.

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
team:

....................toldo.......................
j.zanetti...samuel...cordoba...Maxwell
............Cambiasso........................
Figo...............riquelme.........Robben
..............Ronaldo...Adriano.............

Subs:
Stankovic
wome
cruz
Aguero
Matrix
maicon
Cesar

veron will leave, so we splash out and get riquelme.
Ronaldo and madrid will probably make a mutual contract break, and then we can sign him for free like we did with figo.
Ballack will go to chelsea, robben is already annoyed about the competition on their midtfield, and then we can tempt him away.

we need alot of new players in the upcomming season, i see alot leaving.

players i hope will leave:
recoba
martins
kily
favalli
cesar rodriguez
pizarro
ze maria
miha

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Haroon said:
JZ is getting old now and the fullbacks need to do a lot of running. You will need a right-back and somebody like Ze Maria is not the most ideal man. Trabelsi could be a decent one but somebody has to come in now to stabilize that side.
Although JZ is 30+ there is no RB at the moment in the world I think would do a better job then him. His effectived and timed forward runs are still amazing, one of the best if not the best in the world. Still can do the job for another season as Inter's RB and captain.

Haroon said:
Midfield

I remember having this debate a long time ago that Veron was not a natural leader in the midfield. It was interesting at the time as quite a few of you didn't agree. I still think that he is not a leader. He is a decent player but not a commanding presence in your side that makes the opposition shake in their boots a little bit. Since he wants to leave something needs to be done there. That is the most difficult purchase to make IMO.
I have to disagree here, Veron is a leader and his presence in the midfield stabilises the play. Since his injury it has not been the same for Inter and last night you could see how he was missed. He certainly is above decent player and I really hope him to stay should Ballack not come [very likely he is not].

Haroon said:
I've not been impressed by your coach for a long time. He is tactically inept. Hitzfeld would be a very good choice. In any case I think you will manage to win the elusive Scudetto in your centenary year. :eekani: It is getting nearer. I know it sounds like a complete revolution is required once again but for now the one important transfer that Inter needs to make is get that midfield leader. You can manage with your current crop but a jump in quality is required in that position more than others.
Everything else you've posted I agree with pretty much including Mancini's ability as a manager. Hitzfield is a manager I rate highly and has always been fan, but I think sacking Mancini wouldn't do any good. We've been down this road before and he did make us play better but continuality is the key here and we should stick with him for one more season. The players he has, he should be able to achieve better things but we will see at the end of the season.

·
Registered
43,675 Posts
Haroon, Javier may be getting older but he's still got it. Just take a look at the last match as an example. The best RB in the world, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Haroon u must be joking... its like Milan will bench or sell Maldini, ok maybe Maldini can play at the center but still :)... Zanetti has a lot of running in him and will have in the future to come, he will end his career at Inter, and he will do that as a regular... i cant see anyone bench Zanetti until the day he retires, and so it will be

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
An outsiders view

Toldo; J. Zanetti, Cordoba, Samuel, Moretti; Cambiasso, Maresca; Figo, Riquelme, Stankovic; Adriano

Bench: J. Cesar, Maxwell, Wome, Materazzi, Burdisso, Dellafiore, Pizarro, C. Zanetti, Cesar, Miccoli, Esposito, Iaquinta, Cruz.

Thats my team for you guys

Out:
Mihaijlovic (Retire please)
Favalli (back to Lazio)
Ze Maria (Lazio also)
Andreoli (loan to Brescia)
Veron (River Plate)
Kili Gonzalez (Villareal)
Recoba (Monaco)
Martins (on loan to Udinese)

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Haroon said:
You guys are pretty fond of Cordoba but I am not to be honest. He is fast and quick and a long term servant of the club but I am not satisfied entirely with him. Materazzi is a nothing player in my book and hence I would try to bring in some good organizer. The trouble is that Inter needs a monster in defence. Samuel is well set. Maybe continuing with Materazzi or Cordoba can be an option as there are other important gaps to fill in firstly.
I will just ignore your opinion of Cordoba because we will obviously never agree on this issue.

Haroon said:
JZ is getting old? True.

Is he still one of the world's best fullbacks? Absolutely.

Nuff said. Age doesn't matter with players of the clibre of JZ, Maldini, Baggio, Cafu etc..

Haroon said:
I remember having this debate a long time ago that Veron was not a natural leader in the midfield. It was interesting at the time as quite a few of you didn't agree. I still think that he is not a leader. He is a decent player but not a commanding presence in your side that makes the opposition shake in their boots a little bit.
Veron is a general in midfield IMO. At least for Inter. Without him, we're shit.

Haroon said:
Adriano, Martins and Cruz are all good IMO. Getting the Fat One won't be the end of the world as he still has it. He already dominates in the lunch break. All you need to do is convert that domination to match-days.
Cruz & Martins aren't even close to being Scudetto material. Besides, they are not ideal partners for Adriano. I'd rather take an Henry/Tevez/Cassano type of player to partner Adriano upfront, and we're set.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
----------------------------------------TOLDO---------------------------------------

---JZ4------------SAMUEL--------------CORDOBA---------------------CARLOS--------

-------------------------------------CAMBIASSO-------------------------------------

--------FIGO-----------------------RIQUELME------------------------BALLACK--------

----------------------A10------------------------R20/R9--------------------------------

Subs :
Solari
CZ
Martins
Cruz
Stankovic
Matrix

Coach : Hitzfeld

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
My team if veron stays:

Toldo

JZ Burdisso/cordoba Samuel Maxwell

Figo veron cambiasso stankovic

Adriano Tevez

bench: j.cesar,matrix,cesar,volpi,favalli,pizzaro,esposito,cruz,oba,solari and maicon

If veron goes:

Toldo

JZ cordoba/burdisso samuel maxwell

Cambiasso
figo stankovic

requelme

adriano tevez

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
LiquidFire said:
Hitzfeld is a good coach, but I've never heard news about him coming to Inter outside this XT Inter forum :D
Its just a dream of Pulsars and mine

;)

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
I'll be frank with you guys- I dont believe Mancini really is that unintelligent. Im afraid to believe it, because a part of me respects him for the improvement Inter has experienced under him.

If we sack him, this period will become yet another statistic, yet another period of failure.

I prefer to believe that Mancini is simply thinking of things that we are not, that we fail to see the situation as completely as he does. If it is indeed as you say, that I or you could make better decisions than he then I will be mortified that such a buffoon reached such an important position in Serie A, and mortified that for so long such idiocy was disguised at such a high level, a position of such scrutiny, where nobody was able to recognise it for so long.

I know im ranting, but this is something im struggling with.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
I'll post a general reply instead of quoting everybody to clarify my point. I hope that is ok?

I mentioned that I don't hold a high opinion of your coach as such and Inter needs to decide whether to keep him or not. He has his problems and he has his positive points. To give him the benefit of doubt I will say that he is learning and improving. I mentioned it previously on this forum that you should give him one more chance. I think firing him would destabilize the team once again so maybe giving him a season more will help the team and give him more confidence.

Moving onto the JZ case ... I didn't mention to sell him but I mentioned that he is getting old now so a replacement is required. This season he has been out through injury and this thing will hurt in the next season. A purple patch can occur just like it did for Inzaghi but overall you have to look at whether a starter has it to last a season and compete for 50 games+. Inter definitely needs to get in a student of Zanetti if they don't want to bench him right now. He is a legend for Inter so he cannot be shoved out just like that. I agree with that.

Veron is leaving as I understand it. He has to go back home for family reasons or something on those lines. I continually hear voices saying that he is a leader but Inter needs to start thinking big if you want to win big. If Veron is still considered that monster general of your team then it is fine by me.

I think Cruz is a very good handy man to have. Martins still works his socks off and is blazingly fast. They may not be first and second choice which I would agree with but they are still good enough team players. The Fat One might not be a bad choice after all. The only problem with him is that he is cursed to not win the European Cup. If you want a forward to support Adriano on the lines of On-Ree or someone like that then get Aimar as he is Argentinian and creative enough to give you a spark in the play. He can play off the Brasilian Beast and do really well. I don't believe in that theory that he is too weak for the Serie A.

·
Registered
43,675 Posts
Mr. Bean said:
I'll be frank with you guys- I dont believe Mancini really is that unintelligent. Im afraid to believe it, because a part of me respects him for the improvement Inter has experienced under him.

If we sack him, this period will become yet another statistic, yet another period of failure.

I prefer to believe that Mancini is simply thinking of things that we are not, that we fail to see the situation as completely as he does. If it is indeed as you say, that I or you could make better decisions than he then I will be mortified that such a buffoon reached such an important position in Serie A, and mortified that for so long such idiocy was disguised at such a high level, a position of such scrutiny, where nobody was able to recognise it for so long.

I know im ranting, but this is something im struggling with.
For all the faults Mancio seems to have, it would be the worst thing to get rid of him after all the progress that's been made. It would be back to square one. It took so long for Inter to find the right mentality and consistency. We need Mancini.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
I agree with Firdaus about Mancini. We're getting better every season and you dont expect to go from 4th to 1st in one season. Even Chelsea with Abramovich's money didn't manage that. I think we should continue with Mancini for at least 2 seasons assuming we won't do too badly next year if we don't win the Scudetto.

Goalkeeper
Julio Cesar is fine, but we need to get an apprentice because Toldo is getting OLD. Marco Amelia and Gianluca Curci are good options.

Defenders
No problems here. JZ, Cordoba, Samuel and Maxwell should keep up the good work. And I would want Materazzi to stay. If he's good enough for Italy, he's good enough for Inter.

Midfielders
With Veron leaving in all probability, Riquelme would be the most obvious choice, and I don't doubt his ability to perform at Inter. Robben is another player Mancio should consider, and maybe Thorsten Frings. Bayern were stupid to offload him after one season.

Forwards
Apart from Adriano, the rest suck. Cruz is a good substitute and is the player to fill in for injuries. I would like to see Martins go. We should get Henry or Ronaldo and Taiye Taiwo. Recoba, I don't think he'll leave. He'll just stay and rot on the bench.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Haroon said:
I'll post a general reply instead of quoting everybody to clarify my point. I hope that is ok?

I mentioned that I don't hold a high opinion of your coach as such and Inter needs to decide whether to keep him or not. He has his problems and he has his positive points. To give him the benefit of doubt I will say that he is learning and improving. I mentioned it previously on this forum that you should give him one more chance. I think firing him would destabilize the team once again so maybe giving him a season more will help the team and give him more confidence.

Moving onto the JZ case ... I didn't mention to sell him but I mentioned that he is getting old now so a replacement is required. This season he has been out through injury and this thing will hurt in the next season. A purple patch can occur just like it did for Inzaghi but overall you have to look at whether a starter has it to last a season and compete for 50 games+. Inter definitely needs to get in a student of Zanetti if they don't want to bench him right now. He is a legend for Inter so he cannot be shoved out just like that. I agree with that.

Veron is leaving as I understand it. He has to go back home for family reasons or something on those lines. I continually hear voices saying that he is a leader but Inter needs to start thinking big if you want to win big. If Veron is still considered that monster general of your team then it is fine by me.

I think Cruz is a very good handy man to have. Martins still works his socks off and is blazingly fast. They may not be first and second choice which I would agree with but they are still good enough team players. The Fat One might not be a bad choice after all. The only problem with him is that he is cursed to not win the European Cup. If you want a forward to support Adriano on the lines of On-Ree or someone like that then get Aimar as he is Argentinian and creative enough to give you a spark in the play. He can play off the Brasilian Beast and do really well. I don't believe in that theory that he is too weak for the Serie A.
You are one smart person Haroon

1 - 20 of 59 Posts