Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...i m a little bit bored...let's talk about dream team for next season...

goalkeeper: paul robinson

defenders: carr
gardner
new defender (laursen?)
ziege

midfielders: davies
van bommel
dalmat

playmaker: diego

strikers: keane/kauoute
postiga/defoe

world class lineup...but can we get a new defender, van bommel, and diego in summer?? :D and also dalmat...i guess dalmat has no future at INTER...

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
I'll post my line up when my mind has come back :eek: I still am in shock!

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
Posted in the other thread why. 3 losing in shambolic circumstances within an hour :eek:

As for the team for next season a defensive midfielder is a must. An experienced one that is and a central defender since Doherty is just alright and Richards is dreadful. Buying Dalmst would be a bit of a luxury imo as things stand now.

Would have something like this:

------------------------Robbo-------------------------

Carr/Kelly----Laursen(yes)or v Buyten- Gardener - Ziege/ Taricco

Davies/Dalmat/Rebrov- Brown/King- Simons/v Bommel-Jackson/ Ricketts

-----------------Kanoute------Defoe/ Keane/ Postiga---------------

2 holding midfielders and give the wingers room to everyything they want ala Pires and Ljunberg at Arsenal.

Van Bommel or Simons wouls cost 5 million at the most
v Buyten or Laursen 2 or 3m at the most imo

Out - Anderton, Poyet, Keller, Acimovic and Bungycevic

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
From what I've seen, Ziege isn't a left back but more of a left sided midfielder.

Definately needs a new defender.

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
yeah true, his positioning going back is poor too as we also saw in Liverpool. Jackson as a left back then could be an alternative with Ricketts and Christian fighting for the spot on the left and NOT Simon Davies as Pleat has put him in the last few games!

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
MABIZELA REMAINS POSITIVE
Tuesday 17th February 2004

Mbulelo Mabizela is confident of proving himself at Tottenham but feels he needs to be deployed in a defensive role if the Spurs faithful are to see the best of him.
The South African was brought over to White Hart Lane in the summer by Glenn Hoddle but has made only substitute appearances so far.

He made an immediate impact, scoring a spectacular goal on his first-team debut against Leicester, but has been overlooked for selection by caretaker boss David Pleat.

The 23-year-old feels his patience will be rewarded with a run in the team in the near future.

"The level of football in London is very high so I think it will take time but I reckon my day will come," he told Sky Sports News.

Spurs are expected to unveil a permanent successor to Hoddle at the end of the season and Mabizela will look to grasp his opportunity in the summer.

"As a professional player if another coach has been set it can be positive because it gives you a new chance to prove yourself," he stressed.

Tottenham have been criticised for their defensive shortcomings this term and Mabizela would love the chance to plug the gap.

"To be honest I am happy to play in defence, because that is where I grew up playing and is my best position," he stressed.

------------------------

I'd forgotten about our old friend Old John :proud: :) good to read that he is willing tp prove it :thumbsup: a defender or defensive mid as spare we have then :)

Ziege has btw stated that he might return to Germany at the end of the season. His contract runs out then and I think we won't extend it cos of the huge salary, inury proneness and we have Johnny Jackson :cool: and Taricco and even Marney as back up.

D

·
0 Posts
Robinson
Carr-Dawson-King-Koncheskey
Davies-Dalmat-Brown-Keane
Defoe-Kanoute

1 - 9 of 9 Posts