Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
reports say that we have agreed a fee with benfica for luisao...3.2m + karagounis...i don't know much about luisao...but he should be an upgrade over miha/materazzi/burdisso...also, as much as i want kompany...i think it's a smart decision to go for luisao who is more experienced...just let kompany stay in belgium for a couple years...let him develop...then buy him when he reaches 20, 21...as much as we want to win now, i don't think he could make immediate impact...he would have to learn and develop as a player first in serie A...he would probably make a lot of mistakes...that's not what u want to see when u want to win now...also, he is gonna be expensive...u don't bench an expensive player...but in the future, he'll be a star...a rock in defense...

we also in need to get a left back...i don't think coco/favalli is good enough...coco just gets hurt too often...and favalli is getting old...pasquale is probably not gonna to be a player we expect him to be...therefore, a new left back is needed...my choice would be chivu who can also play in defense...if we manage to get luisao and chivu, that would be a dream...

j.zanetti===cordoba===luisao===chivu...

ok, i admit that i would like to see samuel but luisao + chivu looks good as well...

opinions??? (samuel + chivu is not realistic...i know that)...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
i dont know about Luisao, they say in the portuguese forum that he isnt that good, so i rather keep Materazzi instead of getting him... my dream is Nesta but thats not gonna happen so :)... however i would be very glad if we could get Chivu, that would too be a dream signing for me, altough i dont think Roma would want to get rid of him, but their financial isnt that good, so they may be forced to sell him :D, damn why didnt we get him 2 seasons ago :(... Samuel would also be great buy but hes unlikely to leave Madrid after just one season, i dont think hes gonna leave Madrid in a couple of years, or maybe even retiring there, but who knows, he hasnt had the best time there so far... so for me its Chivu or Samuel... and i would also would like the get back Potenza, who what ive heard from have done very good in Parma and hes still very very young, so i hope to see him back too, can play as sidebacks or central defender...
our defenders for the next season :):
Zanetti, Chivu, Materazzi, Cordoba, Burdisso, Potenza, Coco

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nesta would be great...but he is not coming...i think we have to buy a star defender...after missing on nesta, chivu, and carvalho, i think we need to buy a starter...not someone approaching 40 years old...

·
Registered
139 Posts
getting chivu would be great..we add another freekick taker in the team, hehe :excited:

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
In my eyes we need two new defenders, a CB and LB.

I'm not sure about Luisao simply becasue I haven't watched him play enough. I'd feel more secure with a proven, experienced centre back like Samuel. We need a rock solid, hard nosed CB that can command the area to compliment Cordoba.

Secondly, with the attacking system Mancino is implementing we really need a left sided defender who can dominate up and down the flank in the mold of J.Zanetti. I don't see Chivu in this role, as he is more of a traditional centre back then an attacking left back.

If Mancino can address these two areas and if he signs the right players a scudetto isn't going to be far off. On paper I don't think any club has our talent, it's just time to fine tune and add those last pieces to the puzzle.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
for left back, which has been a position inter has lacked for quite some time, Maxwell does come to mind. i think he has what it takes.

burdisso needs to step up and take that extra step over the summer.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
JZ---Cordoba-Luisao---Parisi

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
3,2 million funti and karagounis for louisao...i hope he's worth it.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Of what few matches I've seen of Luisao (mainly from Copa America and a few matches of Benfica), I dont believe he would be any upgrade to Matrix. He's just another tall and solid defender, although not as rough as Matrix, and tends to use his brain a bit more. I've seen him commit some rookie mistakes in Copa America, but he had an overall good performance.

I'd much rather get a Samuel, Stam or a Nesta for that matter, but I dont think these kind of players are easily available. It would also be great if we could sign Chivu.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Even though Cordoba is far from his best season, I consider him one of the best and he should stay. Materazzi? I also think he's solid and complements Cordoba well. So the only position you really need a new starter is left-back, since Favalli is certainly the worst player in Inter this season. Ashley Cole is the best in the world now IMO, but it would be very hard to take him away from Arsenal. More realistic options are Dedê, from Dortmund, and Evra, from Monaco. Maxwell and Parisi were also mentioned, but I don't know. The brazilian is a good talent, but maybe too offensive for a left-back. Parisi is good but the few games I've saw from him were not impressive to the point to consider him for a big club. Plus, he's not that young.

Going back to central defense, I've never thought Burdisso was all that, not even when he played for Boca. New Samuel? I really really don't think so. He's decent and can get better too, but not to the level to be a top player IMO. Anyway, he's decent enough to have in the squad.

I think Luisão is a great player. Better than Burdisso, and also better than Materazzi. A solid defender with decent skills who can improve with time and come close to what Stam is. He would be a great signing. Chivu or Samuel, even better, even though I insist Matrix is good enough they are even better, and would be upgrades who would last for a good time. Out of the names mentioned, only Potenza is not good enough for Inter IMO, at least not now.

Javier Zanetti
Ze Maria
Cordoba
Luisão/Samuel/Chivu
Materazzi
Burdisso
Ashley Cole/Dedê/Evra
Coco

This would be great.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Carson35 said:
nesta would be great...but he is not coming...
You got that right ;)

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
:lol
you wanna destroy us?
we already have problems:D

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I don't think he wants destroy us, but rather get us to catch up to the average age of Milan's defence

----

To the topic, I don't think we need an attacking left-back.

I would like Chivu, cause he could take our freekicks as well. But Maxwell is welcome as well.
I would like this:
Zanetti-Cordoba-Chivu-Maxwell

hopefully this works out

·
4,108 Posts
CUG said:
for left back, which has been a position inter has lacked for quite some time, Maxwell does come to mind. i think he has what it takes.
Maxwell is just the type of player we need at left back. He's impressed me the few times I've seen him with Ajax. Dangerous going forward and he seems a capable defender.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
maxwell would be a lot cheaper than chivu...but chivu can play central defense as well...it's hard to pick but if we have $$$, then we wish we can get chivu more...

·
4,108 Posts
In my eyes we need an attacking left back to compliment J.Zanetti on the right. Chivu is a solid central defender, but not the type of left back that will dominate the whole left side of the pitch and support the attack.

I'd like to see both of them join Inter but if I had to pick only one it would be Maxwell. We have been lacking a good attacking left back for far too long.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts