Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a post i have posted in another site (for those that know it, Mau's site, a great one by the way :) ), but i don't remember having shared it here and i will do so to get some healthy discussions going on in here as it seems the people in here have taken some vacations, hey?;) Anyways, enjoy!:)

As we all know, we're approaching what is commonly referred to as the "crazy" season being the off-season and its transfer rumours. Speaking of transfers, whether rumours or more plausible transactions, i would like us all to discuss about the following case.

It's been blatant that we desperately need to strengthen our defence completely if we are to be a serious contender next season, both domestically than continentally. I am talking about the "dream" defence of every football team in the world, not only Milan. I'm talking about the Canna-Nesta couple. It's more or less clear that they both need a "new challenge" and that both will be seeking teams, with ambitions equal to theirs. Some people may think that having one of them is already quiet an achievement, but if we clearly think of it seriously, it realistically is possible to sign them both WITHOUT breaking the bank as they say.

Let me explain:
We all know that the negociations for Nesta are in good shape, as reported by you all know who... the only credible source of mercato news of the whole world wide web...Cannavaro's price is reported to be around 40 M Euros. By selling Serginho, for say 15 Million Euro (I'm sure we can get more for him, even around 20 M Euros IMHO); let us also sell Roque Junior for say, another 10 Million Euros, which is a fair price for him. It's clear that Parma wants Donati, whose price tag should be at least 15 M Euro (if not more, so we'll stay conservative and stick with 15M). So, if we add these amounts up, 15+10+15=40 M Euros. Conclusion= Cannavaro would join us without spending a dime almost for "free".

Now, onto Nesta, it's quite clear Lazio have been interested in Rui Costa for quite a while. If Lazio can't get back Veron, then, we can very easily give them Rui + prolly 15 to 20 M Euros for Nesta. To be honest, Rui, hasn't been able to live up to the high expectations placed on him. Also, he's 30 years old, with at most 1 to 2 years left at the highest level. Knowing that we already have the brightest talent to come from Italy, since a certain Divino Codino, we can very easily say we are safe in that spot, for a good decade if not more. (may i also add that a certain Riquelme is also highly tipped to be joining us for free from next season... so we are truly covered in that position for good and for quite some time ) We need more desperately Nesta than Rui. Nesta is young and as solid and reliable a defender as it gets in the world.

Having in defence, the likes of Canna, Nesta, San Paolo, Laursen, Colo and Saar, would truly be a hefty luxury, but not an impossible and utopic dream. It is quiet a possible feat, if our management are smart and have the skill of negociating. I personally strongly believe that we perfectly can and must go not only for one of them, but both of them, not just for the sake of going for them, but going for them with the ferm intention of getting them, at all cost. And seeing "this little plan", suggested in this post, it is not that difficult after all...

Comments? Reactions?

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!
IL MONDO SARA DI NUOVO ROSSONERO!!!!:star:

·
Registered
426 Posts
From your mouth to Milan's management ears...
I agree with u SS1. I've said it before and i'll say it again.
Nesta and Canna in the back - road block deffence.

but with the way the bosses have been 'sleeping' in the last few years and allowing other teams to beat us in buying the best, i'm not very optimistic !

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Payman,

I read in many places that Canna is going to Juve? :confused: anyway, if Nesta and Canna leave their clubs, i would really hate it if they went to Juve! :fero: :yuck:

Mancini is a 4-4-2 man, do you think Rui would fit there? I am not sure that Rui liked his role under Mancini in Fiorentina either.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Hi everybody!
I am new here, have been a regular visitor to the XTRATIME forums for the past year or so. As i am quite lazy & busy as well, never had the inclination to register myself. Hope for full support from all of you.

Now to the topic in discussion.

SS1 that was a great evalution u have made of the transfer market. but i beg to differ with u on some points. Getting both Nesta & Cannavaro is now not only a matter of finances but of prestige. Other giants will never allow that. would have been possible in the Berlusconi era. As we all know Milan is no more the dominant force it used to be (sadly). Well I shall wish ur words come true. If that happens i am sure we would be the dominant side in italian & european football for years to come, once again. Hope u didn't mind my differing on ur post.

P.S. SS1 why do all call u Payman.

Ciao.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Its because we all "Pay" him and he is the "man". Nah, Payman is his name, as ridiculous as it may sound! :D

All this is fine, but you really think there is a team in the world that will give you 15 million euros for Serginho and 10 for Roque Junior? Serginho is 32 years old or so Payman, thats VERY unrealistic.

Having that in mind, getting them both is out of Milan's budget.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Getting both is unrealistic, getting one of them is at least possible. We should not forget that with Coloccini we could have on e of the best already. and with some years in the club he could become monumental.

and AMO, Serginho hasn't had his 31th birthday yet 71/06/27.

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Payman is his name, as ridiculous as it may sound! :D
i am not sure who is actually ashamed of OUR name ... ;)

milano 77 - welcome on board budy ... have a great time here and just enjoy youreslf ...

And sorry for Lobanovsky :depress:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Thanks Bono!
Actually you are the only person welcoming me on board. I am going to have a great time, u can bet on it.
Thanks for your feelings on Lobonobsky. I am sorry too. Actually I am not his fan, nor a fan of Dynamo Kiev. It may not be surprising, as i am an Indian(working in Kiev). Though he commands respect in this part of the world.

The curiosity is getting the better of me. I mean about the "Payman" thing. Kindly explain.

Ciao!

·
Registered
426 Posts
JKris said:
Getting both is unrealistic, getting one of them is at least possible. We should not forget that with Coloccini we could have on e of the best already. and with some years in the club he could become monumental.

and AMO, Serginho hasn't had his 31th birthday yet 71/06/27.

I'll bet you all that neither Nesta or Canna will arrive to the San Siro, and not only that, Galliani will sell Collocini and Coco...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
nesta will arrive to the san siro...but will be wearing the black and blue jersey... :D seems like seedorf for coco rumor will go through (if barca decide not the buy him)...

·
Registered
373 Posts
carson, just for you:

www.soccerage.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

05/16/2002. Massimo Moratti has denied claims that Lazio centre-back Alessandro Nesta has already joined the club.

Reports yesterday suggested that a deal had already been agreed but Moratti dismissed such notions.

"No deal has been made, and I don't think any other club has done so," he said in an Interview with a local TV station that appeared on the club's official site. "This is also due to the particular nature of the transfer market that we will experience this season. There is a need for price controls and to keep one's feet on the ground."

are we happy now!? :smileani:

scharatz

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
Well, I for one don't think what Payman says is so completely off base. Sure it is a remote possibility, but it could all shake out that way. However a LOT of things have to happen at a LOT of clubs for it all to occur. That said, we are currently in the unformed (you could call it the "plasmic" stage) stage of the transfer season. That means its all abstract...unformed and changing every day (if not every minute). Everything that you hear or read now is totally rumours...If you beleived them all, right now, Nesta would be split into three parts and each part would be signing for a different club (Lazio, Inter and Milan). Obviously he can only sign with one. Which one...that is the 100,000 dollar question. Don't ever forget that Rui Costa was "100%" to Parma, according to the press, and where is he playing now? Unless they are blind and/or stupid, the management of Milan (read Belusconi Sr and Jr, no way does Galliani do anything they don't want and keep his job) knows that the team needs help in the defense and midfield, and they are certainly trying to get some good/great players. The only questions are who and how many. But always look at what the other teams are doing to. Milan does not exist in a vacuum, and the moves of Juve, Parma, Lazio, Inter, Barca, Real, ManU and all the rest will have a big effect on what happens to OUR team. Like for example, say Inter does sign Gamarra (as has been rumoured). That single move could set a lot of other moves in motion. Would Dario Simic want to sit even further down the Inter bench? Maybe he's request a move. Wouldn't a lot of teams want a good young defender? And if certain teams did buy a Simic type player, perhaps one of their older more well known defenders might be sold...anyway, it could all hinge on something as simple as a "little" move not given much press interest. I'm not saying any of that will happen, but you have to stay alert to the "little" things that might, like ripples in a lake, grow into "bigger" things. So stay tuned. Anything can and might happen.

RIO

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
A good post RIO:)
But aren't we forgetting one simple thing the "money factor". One thing is sure we are going to get a good defender. by that i mean a super-star. But thats it just one . there might be buyings for the mid field, but no stars.

·
Registered
426 Posts
RIO said:
That said, we are currently in the unformed (you could call it the "plasmic" stage) stage of the transfer season. That means its all abstract...unformed and changing every day (if not every minute

RIO [/B]

I agree with most of what u said RIo, but,
unlike other seasons, this years transfer season will be a bit different since alot of players would like to know where they will be playing next year before they go to the world cup.

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
Angelos said:

I agree with most of what u said RIo, but,
unlike other seasons, this years transfer season will be a bit different since alot of players would like to know where they will be playing next year before they go to the world cup.
My thought sexactly ... and the players have said that - Cana said it ... Nesta also did! So, we could expect some moves pretty soon ... I hope Sachi never forgets where his roots are ;)

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Bono, sacchi have his roots in Parma... we signed Sacchi from an serie C team called Parma in the 80s.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Cannavaro, Nesta, Thuram. They are all rumored to be leaving their clubs this summer, especially Cannavaro and Thuram. While it would be unrealistic - though never say never - to sign two of them, I think it would be a possibility to sign at least one. And that would be a very good start.

Bring back Coco - if his attitude has improved - and Coloccini, and the club would have a very good defense, not considering the likes of Chamot, Costacurta, and Roque Junior.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Pls no coco to Milan.:skull:

I understand he is a good talented player, but his temperament is not right. He loves nobody except himself.

I am sure he is only going to be a pain in the ass.

Down with Coco:ass:

Ciao!

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Well I don't think Coco will stay.

Collocini has gone on loan to Atletico Madrid and will probably be bought.

Galliani stated he finds it ridiculous to spend so much money on one player (he was talking about the Nesta & Cannavaro rumors).

What i don't get, is that Ancelotti is such a defensive-minded coach, you would think that the club would be buying quality defenders.

Anyway, I guess we just have to wait and see.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts