Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man this premiership is becoming a dream come true though its still too early to say that but if you see every day i see a man u game they win it and when i come to the net for the news i see arsenal dropping points and crap chelsea getting their a$$ getting whoped by rookies every day we are just strenghthening our lead and i beleive we have alot of chances of making it two in a row but the thing that i would like to win the most this season isi the champions league and i think the way we have done it so far both in premiership and champions league this season i think we can win them and only a few people would like to disagree with me.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Count me in as one of the numerous people who disagree with you. I don't know about the Premiership (and don't really care, to be honest), but I don't see Man U winning the CL with an iffy defence and inexperienced goal-keeping. RVN is good enough, though, and so is your midfield.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
ManU will not win the CL this year and that is a fact!
They won't beat Real Madrid..unless you can get a classic #10 or a Greek ManU fan convinces Zidane to retire from the ordinary temporal concerns of the world of football and devotes himself to religion..a monk , Imo! And the team is young: Howard , Ronaldo Kleberson , Bellion , Ferninand and so on.

EPL Trophy is yours , but the CL trophy , I don't know?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
And Ferninand is gone , that blows

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I think many will disagree with you about Man Utd winning the CL,Simply they don't have the talent to go all the way.The Premiership is a different kettle of fish,Man Utd will make their customary quarter Finals appearance or maybe even the semi's but that's it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but if you see dear schummy even though man u doesnt have that class that talent yet they get the results all the time.:confused: weird isnt it may be an angel likes man u's name and if you see milan is full of talent but yet is playing $hit at the moment and throough out the season and last season just like your saying against man u people were saying milan dont have the consisttancy and the galacticos to go through the final and expected them to reach the quarterfinal but they won the champions league though now the same milan has been a disappointment so far.may be they dont have the angel any more so let me get to the point man u dont have the class and talent according to you but in others opinion they have it and the others are proving to be the right ones as man u is just running towards success.and somebody mentioned we cant beat madrid please madrid is a team who draws with a second division team thanks to casillas saving them from loosing they are a team who can loose 4-1 to albacete and loos e to osasuna and you know why they are like that its because there defense is comparable to a second division teams defence so i dont think they can cause us any threat.and anyways i believe we have the most talented players in the world if you see howard is a fact that people want to disagree with i mean nobody wants to believe that howard is the next big thing howard is in some peoples view probably the best transfer in the premiership of last season he is playing as good as the best goalies in the world and age howard is older than casillas.gary nevillle is class in peoples view one of the best right sides in the world silvester is class ferdinand is gone but brown is back and brown is currently the most talented defender in the premiership only if he doesnt get injured then he is worth being counted in the best defenders in the world oshea is so fastly becoming a great left side and people are so impressed with this talented young guy that if you see the inter,milan and madrid forums the fans are all discussing that o'shea is what their team needs.and to the right side of the midfield we are currently better than last year with beckham.we have the full of talent and class kleberson and the next zidane the true talent who is already a big target of europes top flight clubs at the age of 18 and that is ronaldo.in the centre we have the best centre midfielder in the world that is keane.on the left side we have the best left winger in the world that is giggs.upfront we have one of the best strikers in the world currently actually is the best striker in the world and to partner him we dont have a true class but a very under rated player but who is so far in the season playing like the best striker in the world.so with this sort of a team i dont think any body would say this team doesnt have the class and ability to win the champions league and comparing this team with milan its the same amount of class but our players are more commited to man u then the milan players are to milan because all our players are playing here since they were amateur and young and has been with each other for ages and our manager is a times better than milan manager and our manager has been with his players for a longer time so he knows his players abilities very well we have a better bench than milan as we have the likes of phil neville cristiano ronaldo ole gunner soljkaer nicky butt who according to pele is the best player in the world the young and talented fletcher and the other young talented and full of skills quinton fortune etc etc.whilst the milan players they have all been subject to big transfers and so are overrated and they dont play for milan they play for money they play for the big wages that they are paid and can barely like last year win a champions league.so now i think the milan fans may disagree with me because they love milan but the man u fans and the great liverpool fans will not disagree with me because these two teams have the best fans in the world and i dont think the italians and spanish either will disagree with me except the madrid glory hunters.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Heheeeee.... :D :) I had a wonderful time in front of my world receiver: Arsenal drawing, Chelski losing.... United winning! I think thats what is so typical for United. Th others struggle and United is there.

the top 3 so far, the table is on my wall today. ;)

1 Man Utd 20 26 49
2 Arsenal 20 23 46
3 Chelsea 20 19 42

Still a long long way to go to see your dream coming true, but its possible. What I am really wondering about: 3 losses, but number 1! Strange.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Schumy said:
I think many will disagree with you about Man Utd winning the CL,Simply they don't have the talent to go all the way.The Premiership is a different kettle of fish,Man Utd will make their customary quarter Finals appearance or maybe even the semi's but that's it.
**** off

only Madrid have a better champions league record than us

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Eat $hit twerp and what does that record stand for if you can't win the big one in the end hey?Go back and suck on your bottle baby.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
super-giggs said:
and if you see milan is full of talent but yet is playing $hit at the moment and throough out the season and last season just like your saying against man u people were saying milan dont have the consisttancy and the galacticos to go through the final and expected them to reach the quarterfinal but they won the champions league though now the same milan has been a disappointment so far.
Milan have lost one game in Serie A so far, letting in only 7 goals in 14 games. We're three points behind the leader with a game in hand. That's fairly consistent. We've been less consistent in the CL, but still managed to qualify first in our group with a game to spare. I can't complain. :)

super-giggs said:
i believe we have the most talented players in the world if you see howard is a fact that people want to disagree with i mean nobody wants to believe that howard is the next big thing howard is in some peoples view probably the best transfer in the premiership of last season he is playing as good as the best goalies in the world and age howard is older than casillas.gary nevillle is class in peoples view one of the best right sides in the world silvester is class ferdinand is gone but brown is back and brown is currently the most talented defender in the premiership only if he doesnt get injured then he is worth being counted in the best defenders in the world oshea is so fastly becoming a great left side and people are so impressed with this talented young guy that if you see the inter,milan and madrid forums the fans are all discussing that o'shea is what their team needs.and to the right side of the midfield we are currently better than last year with beckham.we have the full of talent and class kleberson and the next zidane the true talent who is already a big target of europes top flight clubs at the age of 18 and that is ronaldo.in the centre we have the best centre midfielder in the world that is keane.on the left side we have the best left winger in the world that is giggs.upfront we have one of the best strikers in the world currently actually is the best striker in the world and to partner him we dont have a true class but a very under rated player but who is so far in the season playing like the best striker in the world.
Howard is unproven; the words "class" and "Neville" should not be used in the same sentence; I've never heard O'Shea mentioned in any Milan forum; "best defender in the Premiership" is faint praise at best; C. Ronaldo is young, talented and very inconsistent. Agreed that RVN and Giggs are world-class. And yes, you have the talent to beat defense-less Real Madrid. :)

super-giggs said:
so with this sort of a team i dont think any body would say this team doesnt have the class and ability to win the champions league and comparing this team with milan its the same amount of class but our players are more commited to man u then the milan players are to milan because all our players are playing here since they were amateur and young and has been with each other for ages and our manager is a times better than milan manager and our manager has been with his players for a longer time so he knows his players abilities very well
This is nonsense. Players play for their team and their team-mates. Anyway, Howard, RVN, C. Ronaldo are imports too.

Ferguson is a very good coach, but don't underestimate Ancelotti. He actually played with Milan and won tons with them. He knows the team.

super-giggs said:
we have a better bench than milan as we have the likes of phil neville cristiano ronaldo ole gunner soljkaer nicky butt who according to pele is the best player in the world the young and talented fletcher and the other young talented and full of skills quinton fortune etc etc.
Well, it's true we no longer have Rivaldo on our bench, so you could argue the quality has gone down. :) However, this could be my first Milan team:
Dida
Cafu Nesta Maldini Kaladze
Pirlo
Gattuso Seedorf
Rui Costa
Shevchenko Inzaghi

And this could be my second team:
Abbiati
Simic Laursen Costacurta Pancaro
Redondo
Ambrosini Kaká Serginho
Tomasson Borriello

Can you make two such strong teams from your players? You pretty much need to be able to do that if you're going to challenge for both league and CL.

super-giggs said:
so now i think the milan fans may disagree with me because they love milan but the man u fans and the great liverpool fans will not disagree with me because these two teams have the best fans in the world and i dont think the italians and spanish either will disagree with me except the madrid glory hunters.
I disagree with you because I think you're wrong, and I think many Italian fans would too, without intending any disrespect to Man U. I think Porto are very much up for their matches against you, so it will be interesting. Good luck!

D

·
0 Posts
super-giggs said:
but if you see dear schummy even though man u doesnt have that class that talent yet they get the results all the time.:confused: weird isnt it may be an angel likes man u's name and if you see milan is full of talent but yet is playing $hit at the moment and throough out the season and last season just like your saying against man u people were saying milan dont have the consisttancy and the galacticos to go through the final and expected them to reach the quarterfinal but they won the champions league though now the same milan has been a disappointment so far.may be they dont have the angel any more so let me get to the point man u dont have the class and talent according to you but in others opinion they have it and the others are proving to be the right ones as man u is just running towards success.and somebody mentioned we cant beat madrid please madrid is a team who draws with a second division team thanks to casillas saving them from loosing they are a team who can loose 4-1 to albacete and loos e to osasuna and you know why they are like that its because there defense is comparable to a second division teams defence so i dont think they can cause us any threat.and anyways i believe we have the most talented players in the world if you see howard is a fact that people want to disagree with i mean nobody wants to believe that howard is the next big thing howard is in some peoples view probably the best transfer in the premiership of last season he is playing as good as the best goalies in the world and age howard is older than casillas.gary nevillle is class in peoples view one of the best right sides in the world silvester is class ferdinand is gone but brown is back and brown is currently the most talented defender in the premiership only if he doesnt get injured then he is worth being counted in the best defenders in the world oshea is so fastly becoming a great left side and people are so impressed with this talented young guy that if you see the inter,milan and madrid forums the fans are all discussing that o'shea is what their team needs.and to the right side of the midfield we are currently better than last year with beckham.we have the full of talent and class kleberson and the next zidane the true talent who is already a big target of europes top flight clubs at the age of 18 and that is ronaldo.in the centre we have the best centre midfielder in the world that is keane.on the left side we have the best left winger in the world that is giggs.upfront we have one of the best strikers in the world currently actually is the best striker in the world and to partner him we dont have a true class but a very under rated player but who is so far in the season playing like the best striker in the world.so with this sort of a team i dont think any body would say this team doesnt have the class and ability to win the champions league and comparing this team with milan its the same amount of class but our players are more commited to man u then the milan players are to milan because all our players are playing here since they were amateur and young and has been with each other for ages and our manager is a times better than milan manager and our manager has been with his players for a longer time so he knows his players abilities very well we have a better bench than milan as we have the likes of phil neville cristiano ronaldo ole gunner soljkaer nicky butt who according to pele is the best player in the world the young and talented fletcher and the other young talented and full of skills quinton fortune etc etc.whilst the milan players they have all been subject to big transfers and so are overrated and they dont play for milan they play for money they play for the big wages that they are paid and can barely like last year win a champions league.so now i think the milan fans may disagree with me because they love milan but the man u fans and the great liverpool fans will not disagree with me because these two teams have the best fans in the world and i dont think the italians and spanish either will disagree with me except the madrid glory hunters.
are you Drummer in disguise?? a 50 line rant and no a single decent point in it!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
One thing is for sure, man utd are the favourites for winning this years EPL............there's still a long way to go, and with rio's suspension, it could be a rocky road we're going down. But at the moment we are by far the best team in the land, and although its only 3 points clear, we are miles better off that this time last year.

Th CL is a different matter............to be honest i don't know who will win it, although if i were a betting man, my money WOULDN'T be on man utd. Having said that, this years format is different, in that it has less matches and the second group stage has been phased out.

This means that some of the bigger guns must be wary of the smaller teams as any slip-ups can be harshly punished. Remember last year, Real Madrid had a very poor second group stage and only qualified by the skin of their teeth.

Anything can happen in a game of football, and sometimes, if the damage is done, there may be little chance of recifying it. Whereas in previous seasons, you only need to win 3 or 4 second group games out of 6 to qualify........now u should win, ideally both, or at least win 1 and draw 1 to assure qualification into the next round.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Ruffian said:
Milan have lost one game in Serie A so far, letting in only 7 goals in 14 games. We're three points behind the leader with a game in hand. That's fairly consistent. We've been less consistent in the CL, but still managed to qualify first in our group with a game to spare. I can't complain. :)

Howard is unproven; the words "class" and "Neville" should not be used in the same sentence; I've never heard O'Shea mentioned in any Milan forum; "best defender in the Premiership" is faint praise at best; C. Ronaldo is young, talented and very inconsistent. Agreed that RVN and Giggs are world-class. And yes, you have the talent to beat defense-less Real Madrid. :)

This is nonsense. Players play for their team and their team-mates. Anyway, Howard, RVN, C. Ronaldo are imports too.

Ferguson is a very good coach, but don't underestimate Ancelotti. He actually played with Milan and won tons with them. He knows the team.

Well, it's true we no longer have Rivaldo on our bench, so you could argue the quality has gone down. :) However, this could be my first Milan team:
Dida
Cafu Nesta Maldini Kaladze
Pirlo
Gattuso Seedorf
Rui Costa
Shevchenko Inzaghi

And this could be my second team:
Abbiati
Simic Laursen Costacurta Pancaro
Redondo
Ambrosini Kaká Serginho
Tomasson Borriello

Can you make two such strong teams from your players? You pretty much need to be able to do that if you're going to challenge for both league and CL.

I disagree with you because I think you're wrong, and I think many Italian fans would too, without intending any disrespect to Man U. I think Porto are very much up for their matches against you, so it will be interesting. Good luck!

I go blind for 90 minutes when I watch an Italian team play. I hope I don't see 2 teams from Italy in the CL trophy game..again!;) :yuck:

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
delpi_vanni_10 said:
Heheeeee.... :D :) I had a wonderful time in front of my world receiver: Arsenal drawing, Chelski losing.... United winning! I think thats what is so typical for United. Th others struggle and United is there.

the top 3 so far, the table is on my wall today. ;)

1 Man Utd 20 26 49
2 Arsenal 20 23 46
3 Chelsea 20 19 42

Still a long long way to go to see your dream coming true, but its possible. What I am really wondering about: 3 losses, but number 1! Strange.
Best thing imo would be Arsenal unbeaten the whole season but still not winning the title! ;)

·
Registered
4,013 Posts

United probobley wont win the CL. Fergie is building for the future, evident in his signings.
Italian clubs will be good again, only because their anti-football can really only be combated by anti-football and generally outside of the serie A, most teams try to play the beautiful game at least to the best of their ability.
Madrid wont win the CL cause whatever about uniteds defence being poor, they dont have one.
Bayern are still my darkhorse tip (pretty brave considering who they have).
Tim Howard has played a great first half a season, but I agree that hes unproven. What he has prooved is the idiots that said that lehman was a better keeper, wrong. Lehman is quite frankly one of the worst EPL keepers around. Howard has been solid for united, great shot stopper, great on one on ones, a little dodge on crosses, but hes getting better each game. If he continues this progression then he has a bright future. But I will reserve my judgement till the seasons over and hes played a few big games. He hasnt been any yet. That means that the liks of Liverpool, Arsenal and euro teams cant rely on Fabian getting an assist for them anymore!!!
Until you get to the arsenal game in march, its still only semi-pressure IMO. Either way hes better then barthez and we have all seen how barthez has helped united in big games over the last few seasons in big games!!
Arsenal will have a bad patch at some stage, but i think that united will also. Chelsea havent blown it, but i never thought that they would win it and still think that the pressure is too much for the young guns, theres also too many big players not performing. Mutu, Crespo and Makele have all been very dissapointing IMO. The only real great signing performing is Duff and I dont think that hes played a full game yet.
Anway moving back to europe. I want to remind serie A fans that Milan or Juve arent exactly devastatingly brilliant. they didnt exactly walse to the CL final last season and to be honest I would prefer united to get anybody in Italy Before getting Madrid, Sociadad or Bayern!!! Juve didnt exactly blow united away last season.
united may not be favourates for the CL, but to be honest there is very little between them and the best of the rest. Becks hasnet been missed, like i said it was scholes that was missing, some people here have to eat some humble pie, right rule!!!!!

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Jonny Knoxville said:
I go blind for 90 minutes when I watch an Italian team play. I hope I don't see 2 teams from Italy in the CL trophy game..again!;) :yuck:
Well, Porto are still in it, so they can do their part to stop Juventus and Milan, after they eliminate Man U of course. :) Personally, I'd rather not meet Juventus again: the two teams know each other too well.

Pity you Italia-haters didn't watch Roma-Milan last weekend. You missed some great football, even from a neutral point of view.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Inter have won it twice you clown and for your Information I'm a milan fan you Gloryhunter.:rolleyes:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Drummer,you are back with your idiocy,Lehmann is one of the worst keepers because Ruud ran like a little girl :tongue:

Lehmann is slightly behind Kolo as our star of the season,obviously i'm not including the best striker on the planet bar none. :D

1 - 20 of 69 Posts