Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looked a bit at other threads and this mornings rumours. As today is reportedly the day Amauri is signed, I would get this in just before it becomes impossible.... and I'm bored to tears by my current assignment... obviously.

1: Amauri's contract stalls over petty economic differences - Milan finally figures out they cannot get Eto'o or Drogba and swoop in to sign him - thus invalidating the Nocerino and Lanzafame transfers.
2: Xabi Alonso and Liverpool receives a superior offer from Real Madrid. And accept.
3: In the face of mounting criticism over the inability to land prioritized players, Juve's brass figures that Secco has to be replaced as he is incompetent, and that Blanc really isn't the man to do it either - making him focus on the brand building instead. Juve's mercato stalls completely.
4: Moratti figures out that perhaps it was rather stupid to want to ax Mancini, as Mancini holds out for the full +20 million euro he has left on his contract. Mancini and Moratti in an 'embarrasing for all' kind of press conference announce that they never had any other wish but working together and Mancini gets a payrise to stay Inter's coach.
5: Ranieri is unceremoniously sacked and Mourinho is appointed Juve coach. At the same time Baldini is appointed Juve's GM for transfer activity.
6: On his first day of business Mourinho announce that he sees a massive amount of young talent at Juve, but adds that there has to be a clean-out of those players who are not part of his future plans, and that a number of difference makers must be brought in.
7: John Elkann announces that Juventus will have a transfer kitty in excess of 60 million euro plus the money that can be recuperated from sales.
8: On Mourinho's third day at the club, Stendardo is given a call by Secco (demoted to doing the jobs noone else wants to) to say that a one-way ticket to Roma has been bought for him, and that Juve thanks him for the unforgettable performances he has put in. Pessotto calls Birindelli to say that Juve has found an assistant job for him in the youth sector and would like to hear if he's interested?
9: After Mourinho has had a week to assess the squad and conferred with the top brass, promising a scudetto in his second season and CL contender status by the same time, Juve unveils Deco as the first signing of 2008/2009 - from Barca for 10-12 million euros - announcing that our central midfield is now set for the season and that one of Nocerino and Marchisio will be LOANED out next season.
10: Baldini announces that new clubs have been found and definite transfers agreed on as regards ALMIRON, ZEBINA and MOLINARO. Palladino will go away on loan to Sampdoria with an option to buy after the first season and a counter option for Juventus to buy Cassano - both at fixed prices.

·
Administrator
52,981 Posts
No dream is worth half a dime if doesnt involve us signing Diego :stuckup:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
that's quite a conservative dream if you ask me, at least Moruinho's head should be on fire or something.

·
Administrator
52,981 Posts
Mourinho is a great top coach I would like get if its possible, and him being unemployed it was realistic. But when it comes to dream coaches, my first thought would be to someone like Wenger, or even Prandelli ;)

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Liverpool receiving a superior offer from RM from Xabi !!!
Most PROBABLY speculation and nonesense

1-RM's transfer activity is on hold as Schuster said until CR announces his decision ........

2-RM called back Javi Garcia and DLR meaning that RM have 6 midfielders for just 3 starting spots (Javi Garcia, DLR, Diarra,Gago,Sneijder and Guti)

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Raulito i think you somehow missed the point;)

btw Deco over Xabi right now is a nightmare, not a dream. a 31 years old central midfielder, considered world class at one point, coming from 2 bad seasons with injury problems, demanding a huge wage too... Inter and Milan have made those kind of transfers lately- Emerson and Vieira and well... the impact they (didnt) had is obvious;)

·
Administrator
52,981 Posts
You shouldnt suprised over him prefering the present Deco over a 26 year Xabi, if you have read the transfer thread ;)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
btw Deco over Xabi right now is a nightmare, not a dream. a 31 years old central midfielder, considered world class at one point, coming from 2 bad seasons with injury problems, demanding a huge wage too... Inter and Milan have made those kind of transfers lately- Emerson and Vieira and well... the impact they (didnt) had is obvious;)
There's no comparison between the quality Deco shows at Barca - in a disinterested, broken team with the personel to do SOOO much better than it did this season - to the finished top player that was Emerson at Real.

In either case, I think we're talking about different things. I only see Deco as a short term solution to help us make a leap in quality for a while and not stink ourselves up in Europe. Whoever wants us to buy Xabi for major money should want that to be the purchase of a long term impact player. I don't think he will be, and I don't think Sissoko-Xabi is a combination that lends itself to us dreaming about being a major team again. Deco gives quality to the attack that we have noone who can supply and Xabi never gave the impression that he would be capable of.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
I don't think Sissoko-Xabi is a combination that lends itself to us dreaming about being a major team again.
The best season domestically for Liverpool with Benitez was 2005/06 and it came exactly with that duo in midfield and attack consisting of players such as Crouch and Cisse. Really, at least for a season they were seen as arguably the best midfield in EPL and now both are under 30. Deco could be a short (1-2 seasons) term solution or no solution at all, there are no other options, while Xabi-Sissoko can become the core of the team for 5-6 seasons ahead.
Xabi is the type of midfielder i want to see here, its not necessary to be him, but someone who can control the tempo of the game and has more than 2 seasons left in him. Now even if Inter gets Deco and he has a stormer of a season i wont regret for what i just i said;)

Deco gives quality to the attack that we have noone who can supply and Xabi never gave the impression that he would be capable of.
Statistically speaking in terms of goals/assists Deco hasnt done anything of notice for Barcelona in last couple of years. A fine player, a leader, but you are overrating him as an offensive weapon right now and underrating Xabi for some reason.

Anyway i agree with you that throwing nearly 40m for a striker and a CM is not what the best way to spend our transfer budget and is sign for future defensive disasters.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I would see Deco being what Rui Costa was for Milan, that is a short term solution until they found a young star who could learn and slowly be implemented..who would have ever thought Kaka would be so good so fast though.

Deco has experience and can help brdige the gap of finding that player that we have missed for a long time, the new Zidane or even the new Nedved for that matter.

Realistically, i would like to get Deco, play him behind the forwards and use giovinco in that position off the bench for the first season or so. This makes more sense to me.

Alonso would be a good signing too, but i think Deco would be more important for our game where we lack creativity.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
What could possibly be wrong with signing Xabi Alonso? You need a player to distribute from deep. He would be a fine complement to Sissoko. He is of higher quality than a lot of CMs and I don't think AMCs are popuar anymore. Plus he's got a good shot right?

I haven't watched him enough to be honest and I know he is not world class quality but he fits the characteristics you need.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Camelface, no one doubts Alonso's talent, but i think it is the fee Liverpool are asking for which seems to play up on mosts minds.

If we get Alonso then I'll doubt we'll get another star to replace Nedved in this team.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm waiting for news "Ranieri sacked, Lippi and Juve meeting tomorrow"

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Between you having a Panda avatar (Chinese national symbol), me being in China and you extrapolating something major while making up quotes of my wet dreams, I find myself intrigued as well.

I'm taken, honey. By the right team, and the fair sex :)

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
I hate the fact JM is at Inter officially, but the only real consolation I have right now he is not at Juve. The latter would have been a killer combo for ages. At Inter, there is still mad moratti and a good healthy tradition of craziness and big time failures to count on.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Yeah, that's why I'm not overly worried. I was however worried at the prospect of Lippi at Milan, but he said today that he will not coach Milan.:proud:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
The word 'dream' is not what I would use to describe your's, Glen :D

Deco is over the hill. Sure he can be productive, but we are not really gunning for a title next year so IMO we should focus on younger talents.

We allready have vetran champions on the sqaud that have won the WC, Serie A and CL so why get Deco? IMO he would be a minor upgrade on Nedved!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts