Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The draw will be live on NRK1 tomorrow January 25th in Portugal. I wonder what group we will be in.

Here are the seeds for the draw:

Top seeds: France, Sweden, Spain, Czech Republic, Germany, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Italy, Belgium, Turkey

Second seeds: Russia, Croatia, Denmark, Holland, Yugoslavia, Poland, England, Slovenia, Ukraine, Scotland

Third seeds: Austria, NORWAY, Slovakia, Israel, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Finland, Greece, Hungary

Fourth seeds: Cyprus, Bosnia, Belarus, Wales, Estonia, Latvia, Northern Ireland, Georgia, Macedonia, Lithuania

Fifth seeds: Armenia, Moldova, Albania, Faroe Islands, Azerbaijan, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Malta, Luxembourg, Andorra

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fourth seeds: Cyprus, Bosnia, Belarus, Wales, Estonia, Latvia, Northern Ireland, Georgia, Macedonia, Lithuania

Fifth seeds: Armenia, Moldova, Albania, Faroe Islands, Azerbaijan, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Malta, Luxembourg, Andorra

Group 1
Malta
Cyprus
Israel
Slovenia
France

Group 2
Luxembourg
Bosnia
Norway
Denmark
Romania

Group 3
Moldova
Belarus
Austria
The Netherlands
Czech Republic

Group 4
San Marino
Latvia
Hungary
Poland
Sweden

Group 5
The Faroe Islands
Lithuania
Iceland
Scotland
Germany

Group 6
Armenia
Northern Ireland
Greece
Ukraine
Spain

Group 7
Liechtenstein
Macedonia
Slovakia
Enlgand
Turkey

Group 8
Andorra
Estonia
Bulgaria
Croatia
Belgium

Group 9
Azerbaijan
Wales
Finland
Yugoslavia
Italy

Group 10
Albania
Georgia
Switzerland
Russia
Ireland

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Luxembourg
Always takes some points, but just by fluke. Norway should beat them twice, just as Denmark and Romania should too.

Bosnia
I'm a bit uncertain about this team. They will almost certainly get 4th in the group, but will also win a couple of matches. Four points against Luxembourg, and beats one of the top teams once.

Norway
IMO A tough group, but we should have a chance of fighting for the top spot against Romania and Denmark, if we play up to our normal standard.

Denmark
Danish dynamite, can beat anyone, at any time.

Romania
Didn't get to the World Cup, but usually qualify for the big tournaments.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Andreas said:
Something tells me you are going to like this draw for several reasons Orange :D :excited: ;)
Romania and Denmark are the two nations apart from Norway I have spent most time in, they are also two exciting teams. The bad part is that they are probably my three favourite teams, and at least 1 one of them has to go out of the European Championships.

I am hoping for good matches, and good results for Norway. ;)

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My rating of the groups:

Group 1

Malta 2
Cyprus 3
Israel 6
Slovenia 7
France 10

Total: 28

Group 2

Luxembourg 2
Bosnia 4
Norway 7
Denmark 8
Romania 8

Total: 29

Group 3

Moldova 3
Belarus 5
Austria 6
The Netherlands 9
Czech Republic 8

Total :31

Group 4

San Marino 1
Latvia 4
Hungary 4
Poland 7
Sweden 8

Total: 24

Group 5

The Faroe Islands 3
Lithuania 4
Iceland 5
Scotland 7
Germany 8

Total: 27

Group 6

Armenia 3
Northern Ireland 4
Greece 6
Ukraine 7
Spain 9

Group 7

Liechtenstein 1
Macedonia 4
Slovakia 5
England 8
Turkey 8

Total: 26

Group 8

Andorra 1
Estonia 4
Bulgaria 7
Croatia 8
Belgium 8

Group 9

Azerbaijan 3
Wales 4
Finland 6
Yugoslavia 8
Italy 9

Total: 30

Group 10

Albania 4
Georgia 4
Switzerland 7
Russia 8
Ireland 8

Total: 31

·
Registered
825 Posts
I can't believe Romania will meet Norway :eekani: This is so cool :cool:

My ratings of the groups:

Group 1

Malta 2
Cyprus 3
Israel 5
Slovenia 7
France 10

Total: 27

Group 2

Luxembourg 2
Bosnia 4
Norway 7
Denmark 8
Romania 8

Group 3

Moldova 3
Belarus 4
Austria 6
The Netherlands 9
Czech Republic 9

Total :31

Group 4

San Marino 1
Latvia 3
Hungary 5
Poland 6
Sweden 8

Total: 23

Group 5

The Faroe Islands 3
Lithuania 4
Iceland 5
Scotland 6
Germany 7

Total: 25

Group 6

Armenia 3
Northern Ireland 4
Greece 5
Ukraine 7
Spain 9

Group 7

Liechtenstein 1
Macedonia 4
Slovakia 5
England 8
Turkey 8

Total: 26

Group 8

Andorra 1
Estonia 3
Bulgaria 6
Croatia 7
Belgium 7

Total: 24

Group 9

Azerbaijan 3
Wales 4
Finland 5
Yugoslavia 7
Italy 9

Group 10

Albania 3
Georgia 4
Switzerland 6
Russia 7
Ireland 8

·
Registered
456 Posts
I watched the draw live. (luckily I got sick, and had to stay home today:D )

Semb seemed pleased with the group Norway ended in. Before the draw, he said he hoped there would be as few east-european countries in the group as possible, because of the long trips and difficuilt games.

Norway ended in a mix-up of both west- and east-european countries, and not the most difficuilt countries either. He has a good reason for being happy now:)

They also guessed that Denmark and Romania would get most points, and get qualified to Euro 2004.
Norway would play an extra qualifying game.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Snowqueen, only one team goes straight to the Euro...the second placed team plays qualification, and the third placed team is out. So if Denmark and Romania beat us, there will be no Euro for us. :)

And I want tickets for those matches too :mad: :cool:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Why do the radio lie to me??:cry:
So! Let's beat Denmark!:fero:

(for some reason, I don't think we have a chance beating Romania..)

·
Registered
825 Posts
snowqueen said:
(for some reason, I don't think we have a chance beating Romania..)
True! :stuckup:

:D

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Well well, this wasn't exactly an ideal group, but it could have been so much worse. Denmark are the favourites to win, but both Romania and Norway got a fair chance as well. I'd say Denmark got a 40% chance at winning, with Romania and Norway both having 30%.
I'm not sure how well Norway's style suits Denmark and Romania, both like to attack, while Semb wants to bore people to death..

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Nils Johan Semb seemed to be unsatisfied with the group, but I will say this was a OK group. It will be a close race between Norway, Denmark and Romania, and because of this everything's possible (even that Norway qualfies ;) )!

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is not a good group....but from Norway's point of view it can't be all that bad. Denmark and Romania could draw a team like Iceland in group 3....which with all respect should be a class below Norway so drawing us makes the group tight and difficult.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I didn't...first I posted the different seeding groups, then I posted the groups, and then both me and Cristina rated the groups.

Of course I posted it at Nordic soccer too....but that is because it is two different forums, and I wanted to include the ratings in both :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Even though I am Norwegian a do really hope that Romania and Denmark take the top two. The Norwegian style of play is as dreadful as it can be and before they change it I will never hope Norway to win any games...

It is great with a world cup without Norway...

Just so sad the Netherlands is not there... But they will come back and win Euro2004...

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Oh boy, I'm late :eek:
But all I can say is that Norway are in a very tough group, if even only make it to the qualifying round, that would be an achievment.
I see Denmark as winners of the group...but it will be tight.
The second spot will prolly be a fight between Romania and Norway :dazed::excited:
Romania hasn't been themselves lately, missing the WC for the first time since...*psssst* Cristina, help me out :D

BTW; France got a feckin easy group :crybaby:

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Well it will definitly be a tight race and the matches between Denmark and Norway will be great to watch.

I'm looking forward to talk about the matches with you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts