Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The draw will be on January 25 in Portugal.
Here are the seeds for the draw:

Top seeds: France, Sweden, Spain, Czech Republic, Germany, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Italy, Belgium, Turkey

Second seeds: Russia, Croatia, Denmark, Holland, Yugoslavia, Poland, England, Slovenia, Ukraine, Scotland

Third seeds: Austria, Norway, Slovakia, ISRAEL, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Finland, Greece, Hungary

Fourth seeds: Cyprus, Bosnia, Belarus, Wales, Estonia, Latvia, Northern Ireland, Georgia, Macedonia, Lithuania

Fifth seeds: Armenia, Moldova, Albania, Faroe Islands, Azerbaijan, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Malta, Luxembourg, Andorra

-----------------------

So between now and the 25th we can conjur up all kinds of horrible and delightful groups in our head. Its great being top seeded but Holland is hovering in the second seeds.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Here my prediction (can I get some extra points for RO-league prediction game?):

ROMANIA
Denmark
Austria
Wales
Andorra

I suggest: 4 points for every correct prediction, what do you think David?

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Thomas Schuster said:
Here my prediction (can I get some extra points for RO-league prediction game?):

ROMANIA
Denmark
Austria
Wales
Andorra

I suggest: 4 points for every correct prediction, what do you think David?
Thomas, you should know better by now: We are simply not that lucky!

My prediction:
Romania
Slovenbia
Norway
Nothern Ireland
Armenia

Still a good chance but having to face Slovenia again....
Also we might have problems with Norway and Northern Ireland...

Ideal group (what I would like to see personally):

Romania
England
Hungary (this is becoming a yearly, national event)
Wales
Lichtenstein

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Anybody but Holland, they are in the same boat as us, they are pissed they didn't qualify for the WC, anyone else is fine.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Marius said:
Whoops did not see Holland
We'll probably get Holland then, given our luck!
Well, you know Marius, they say "You´ll get what you think" (or something like that), so I try here to influence our faith:D

·
Registered
472 Posts
Draw results

Well, I think it´s not an easy group at all, also it could have been worse (but easier too, I just can´t believe what luck Germany allways has at drawing!):

Denmark, are far away from their best time;
Norway, same as Denmark;
Bosnia-Hercegovina and Luxembourg are ok for me.

So, chances are pretty good!

HAI ROMÂNIA!!!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Hi there Romanians. As I live right next to the Danish National stadium- I will be looking forward to seing Mutu, Chivu, Contra and the other great Romanians sometime in 2002/2003.

I think it's going to be a very even group with the first three seeds having a shot at winning it- with Romania and Denmark the pre-favourites.

I cannot resist commenting on Thomas Schuster's comment that we're far from our best though.
Denmark is the only team in this group going to the WC. We did so by winning our qualifications group, going through undefeated even if the group included the strong Czecks. Denmark has qualified for the last 5 big tournaments, and since Morten Olsen and Michael Laudrup took over coaching after the "old" team got a whipping in EURO 2000 (OK- France, Netherlands and the Czecks weren't exactly a dream group) Denmark has lost one game; 1-0 against France in a friendly- in France...
We've played better football recently than I've seen since a long time. Maybe even back to 86'.

So- we'll be ready :) but it will be open for sure.

Ciao.

·
Registered
89 Posts
agree:)
I mean it could have been worse.
And we can not complain at all of we fail to qualify.
We ( I am Japanese but I will use we:D )can not underestimate Denmark and Norway but the quality of the players, Romania definitely have the advantages:D
I will not foget the disaster of the match VS Slovenia which ruined my chance of cheering Romania in my country, but now I look forward to this Euro2004.

Hai Romania, Ganbare Romania !!:mad:

·
International
9,682 Posts
OK... here are my thoughts...

1.. 2.. 3.. START PRAYING! :D

Ahh... anyway... I'm pretty pissed and I can't believe the French got group 1 automatically! That's so stupid! :mad:

Now back nto our group. The only positive thing and our only advantage is that we do play very good against non-technical teams. And Norway plus Denmark are non technical. [Norway more than DEN, I think]. Despite this fact, it will be damn hard. And do not exclude Bosnia. They might as well finish for the playoffs, who know. And even Luxembourg. Their striker, Frick, is a starter in Verona. :eek:

The one I fear most are Denmark and then comes Norway and Bosnia. I hope we'll start with an home match vs. Luxembourg and then play Denmark away.

I also hope we'll beat on Parken and our players will dedicate the victory to Kim Milton Neilsen, our dear freind. :tongue: That'd be amazing. ;)

Hopefully, Codrea will be fully fit and have plenty of games in his boots till Sept. Same as Nicu.

I think we have like 35% chances to go to the top, 35% for Denmark, 25% for Norway and 5% for Bosnia.

This should be good:

Lobont
Contra - Filipescu or Popescu - Radoi - Chivu
Ghioane - Codrea - Mutu - D. Munteanu
Marius Niculae - Adi Ilie

HAI ROMANIA!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
David said:

Now back nto our group. The only positive thing and our only advantage is that we do play very good against non-technical teams. And Norway plus Denmark are non technical. [Norway more than DEN, I think].
Hmm:)

I would like to defend Denmark here, why is everone on Denmark`s back playing typical non technical nordic football? :).

Denmark always had a great tradition trying to play attacking and good football:), remember Laudrup and Laudrup, well Brian was overated but Michael;)

good luck...:)
I think both Denmark and Romania will figth for the top spot.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Here's the rest of the groups:

OPORTO , January 25 (DS)- Euro 2004 draw

GROUP 1
France
Slovenia
Israel
Cyprus
Malta

GROUP 2
Romania
Denmark
Norway
Bosnia
Luxembourg

GROUP 3
Czech Republic
Holland
Austria
Belarus
Moldova

GROUP 4
Sweden
Poland
Hungary
Latvia
San Marino

GROUP 5
Germany
Scotland
Iceland
Lithuania
Faroe isles

GROUP 6
Spain
Ukraine
Greece
Northern Ireland
Armenia

GROUP 7
Turkey
England
Slovakia
F.Y.R Macedonia
Liechtenstein

GROUP 8
Belgium
Croatia
Bulgaria
Estonia
Andorra

GROUP 9
Italy
Yugoslavia
Finland
Wales
Azerbaidjan

GROUP 10
Rep.of Ireland
Russia
Switzerland
Georgia
Albania

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
At first sight the group looks easier then it really is.
We seem to have problems with Nordic teams and Norway will definitely give us problems.
Denmark will aslo give us problems - Glen is right their team has actually improved over the past several years.
And you can bet that Bosnia will give us their share of beating - Another style we cannot seem to win against is the X-Yugoslav countries. (Bosnian style is not that different from Slovenia).
And we all know that Luxembourg has no chance, but a bit of misfortune and loss of concentration (something that our team is known for) and we can easily get a draw against them and **** up the rest of our chances.

This is a very tough, well-balanced group!

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Marius said:
At first sight the group looks easier then it really is.
However, that's not the case. We seem to have problems with Nordic teams and Norway will definitely give us problems.
Denmark will aslo give us problems - Glen is right their team has actually improved over the past several years.
And you can bet that Bosnia will give us their share of beating - Another style we cannot seem to win against is the X-Yugoslav countries. (Bosnian style is not that different from Slovenia).
And we all know that Luxembourg has no chance, but a bit of misfortune and loss of concentration (something that our team is known for) and we can easily get a draw against them and **** up the rest of our chances.

This is a very tough, well-balanced group!

·
Registered
825 Posts
I really didn't want to get Denmark in our group...:wallbang:...they are really good, I am afraid of them :scared:
Norway are in a bad pass right now, but I am sure they'll get better, so they will definitelly give us a hard time too. Bosnia and Luxembourg...well, I hope we'll get points against them. That will make our path to the tournament much smoother.:hopefull:

As David said...people, start praying!! :nervous:

Does anybody know when the matches will take place?? :undecide:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I would have prefered it if we got Holland and then the rest relatively easy. Norway isn't there best right now but I think their style of play would frustrate us. And of course Denmark is playing some great footy. Oh well it could have been worse.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Come on guys, just be thankful we didn't get a team like Holland, Yugoslavia, Croatia or England. We have nothing to complain about. I predict we'll finish top of the group. They are all going to look like tight games from the looks of it (except Luxembourg), but I think we'll get past this group.

HAI ROMANIA

Noua generatie = AUR

1 - 20 of 42 Posts