Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your most dramatic victory?

Mine was the Polish FA Cup Final Second Leg against Zaglebie in Lubin. I was managing Wisla. The first leg, in Krakow, finishedd 1-1. In the second leg, I was down 2-1 with it going into injury time. I had my boys going at an all-out attack. We won a corner in the 91st minute. Everyone came forward in attack, including my 'keeper. The ball got cleared off of the corner, but Marek Zienczuk put it back into the box. Marcin Kuzba layed the ball off to Sebastian Mila who put the ball in the back of the net. The game finished 2-2 with me winning on away goals!

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just remembered another dramatic victory I had in Champ Manager 01/02

I was managing United and I was facing Panathinakos in the Champions League at Old Trafford. I was down 1-0, but I scored twice in added time to win.

·
*the drum drum*
42,580 Posts
Back in the days of CM99/00 I think it was, a win from 2-1 down in stoppage time of the CL final with Sampdoria would be the one..

I don't remember who I beat, I think it may have been Man Utd because I seem to remember some sort of irony to the whole thing..

Kurniawan, a world class Indonesian from back in those days was the scorer of at least one of the two stoppage time goals, may have been both..

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
on cm 5, i had taken mansfield through the leagues to the championship play offs

afainst reading in the final, i went down 3-0 in first half,

pulled one back streight after half time, then another with about ten to go,

on the 90th min i got a pen 3-3, and the last kick i scored from a corner, i couldnt believe it :)

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I remember few good, dramatic matches, the one i remember especially is Foggia - Pisa 3-1. It was in my 3rd Foggia season, i was 1 point behind Pisa in table and played them home, it was 2-1 all the time for us, but then in 90th minute the ref gave them penalty... My keeper did miracle and saved it, and from following counter attack we made it 3-1 :proud: :proud: :proud: Foggia :heart:

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
I remeber being 2-2 against RM in my first season with Deportivo I was playing ultra defencive and in the last 5 minutes I scored two goals one from Jorge A. and the other from Sergio. Latter in the report it said that Deportivo were lucky not to lose and most away fans addmited that RM were the better side.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
CM 03/04 taking Shakahtar Donetsk to Champions league final in my second season in charge. Real Madrid beat me in the final

But the semi final was the best game against Bayern Munich.
4-1 after the first leg in Germany and i got the away goal which was vital.

The second leg i won 3-0 but there was a glitch in the game which was quite funny because it was the 94th minute Pizarro took a shot, but the final whistle went while the ball was moving and it went in, but because the match was over it didnt count so i went off to the final. :)

I also put out Man united in the quarters and i beat Barca in the group stages

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
My most dramatic was celtic in the spl, last game of the season v rangers. CM 00/01. We were equal on points and they were 5 ahead on goals scored. we were 2-0 down at half time, 2-1 down at 86 mins, 2-2 at 88 minutes, and 2-3 up 3 mins into 4 mins injury time. Happy days

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Lost the 1st leg of the CL semis against Lyon 5-0 in Lyon as I had my keeper sent off and no sub:D:(....but then won 7-1 with Inter at the San Siro, with 3 penalties:D

Anotehr one is a network game with Jawz, United vs the arse, in the first 16 mins I had 3 pens :howler:

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Well just played against Valladoid in the cup it wasnt dramatic in the secound leg but I was down 3-5 from the first game.My goal keeper got injured and I put a AMR on his place with a 5 GK rating in the secound leg I won 8-2 with my new Fred-Neto scoring 5 goals... ****ing amazing.
I just looked at Neto's profile and it says in media comparison:
Could be the next Ronaldo....

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
It has to be for Valencia...I was Sevilla and level on points with Barcelona but needed Valencia to beat Barcelona as Barca had one game in hand.

Barcelona went 3-0 up, but then Villa the god scored 5....4 in the last 9 mins to win me the title....best help a rival team has ever done to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts