Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
37,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather than posting a new thread, I am now "starting a discussion" apparently. :err:

Anyway, the big news is that Dragon Age 4 is coming! https://www.slashgear.com/bioware-just-dropped-a-big-dragon-age-4-release-tease-04598347/

One of the better hack&slash RPG franchises to come out in recent years, with some very memorable characters.

With Vampire Bloodlines 2 pushed back until somewhere at the end of next year, I hope there will be a new big title released soon and this might be it! :excited:

·
Registered
17,436 Posts
It needs to be like DA1, I could still accept something like DA2. DA3 is unacceptable. Having written that I will now read the article and check if they say something about this.

·
37,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What didn't you like about DA3? For me it was actually DA2 that I disliked most in the series. It felt so cramped to be in just one city.

·
Registered
17,436 Posts
I like isometric 3D RPGs.
Last one also only had one companion with you at all times, wasn't it? It's so long ago I don't remember exactly, but it was definitely third person perspective.
Also I need tactical fights with actual strategy = turn-based or at least with live pause like Baldur's Gate.

·
37,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last one also only had one companion with you at all times, wasn't it? It's so long ago I don't remember exactly, but it was definitely third person perspective.
The perspective was 3rd person, but that was true for the other DA games as well. And in DA3 you could freely choose your companions, just like the other games in the series. Maybe you're thinking of a different dragon game? There were many of them. Dragon Quest, Dragon Star, Dragon War, Dragon Crown, Dragon's Dogma...

·
Registered
17,436 Posts
No, I remember the game quite well. Then maybe there was more than one companion, I might have gotten that one mixed with something else. But DA1 and DA2 did not have 3rd person view, they were like Baldurs Gate.

·
37,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I remember the game quite well. Then maybe there was more than one companion, I might have gotten that one mixed with something else. But DA1 and DA2 did not have 3rd person view, they were like Baldurs Gate.
Probably only on PC then. The console versions were all 3rd person.

·
37,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm playing Dragon quest xi atm. Great game.
You should give Dragon's Dogma a try once you're finished. It's an amazing game. But for some reason it hasn't gotten much attention. A true hidden gem.

·
37,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The developers thought of that. :) When you press the tactics button the view switches to overhead, so you can plan the battle. Then when you press it again, it switches back to 3rd person view for a more visual experience.

·
37,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm the complete opposite of course. I play in 3rd person and then switch to tactics mode only for planning really difficult battles, after which I switch back again to 3rd person. :D

·
Registered
43,383 Posts
Is this the first big franchise game in a long time that Boyo's been hyped for that hasn't destroyed itself by getting woke/greedy AF?

RIP Mass Effect. RIP Fallout. RIP Star Wars.

·
37,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually they already made it woke in DA3. No more pretty women, forced ethnic diversity, token homosexuals, etc.

·
37,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts