Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that in Europe and in the USA, the movie was projected some time ago, but in Venezuela it just arrived. I saw it last Sunday and I don't know you, but I thought it was a superb movie. Just extraordinary. Maybe the best movie of 2005 (or 2004?). The main actor, in particular, did an excellent job in portraying the most exact Hitler I have ever seen in movies. The character is neither glorified nor demonized. He is portrayed as the disturbed human being he was. The depiction of the Fuhrer's last days in the bunker is as real as it is dramatic and nerve-wrecking. The main actress is also superb as much as a hottie. Excellent description of the surreal sensations that one can experience in prolongued conditions of proximity of death and inminent "end", in which the acting of the woman who represents Eva Braun contributes a lot. It's the twilight of the gods represented here in a historical film. I would add a couple of things, though, like some of Hitler's reminicences of his glory days gone by or things of that sort, but, anyway, the film is seen from the point of view of the secretary not of the fuhrer.

I would say that the most climatic moment is the poisoning of the Goebbles children, more than the suicide of Hitler and Braun.

One of the best movies I have ever seen. German cinema is sure growing very fast.

Five stars.
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

·
International
9,526 Posts
They did a pretty convincing job in a lot of ways, and if you read Anthony Beevors 'Berlin' it puts a lot of the scenes in context. But didn't like the way Speer was portrayed. You almost ended up liking him. He was an a-grade cnut just like the rest of them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts