Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any has any information on why he went to Shaktar Donetsk in the end, and why the fee was so low? A year ago he was being touted as the next superstar and United were being quoted £20million. Now he leaves for £4.5million.

Also, who is the next genius from Gremio, Ronaldinho-Anderson-Costa. I'm sure there was someone between Ronnie and Anderson, but who continues the line?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Gremio is the team that makes the worst deals ever. It is mainly because Gremio can not get out of dept and so sells some part of the playeres rights to private businessmen or so called agents (Voltures should be the name) So if they want to sell neither the player himself nor the club can avoid it) All the talentsa went to Europ too early, Anderson had first year in Man U very good, afterwards he saw a lot of bench, RG cheated Gremio and they did not get a dime.. Felipe Mattione was owned by an agent who sold him to Milan when he did not play at all, for a year. Now he is in Mallorca, and finally doing well. And Gremio is apt to lose Rever also, otehr players were also sold too young for too little money, pity for them and for the Club' and for Brasilian football. This is my HO

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Just wondering if any has any information on why he went to Shaktar Donetsk in the end, and why the fee was so low? A year ago he was being touted as the next superstar and United were being quoted £20million. Now he leaves for £4.5million.
Why was the fee so low? Why did he drift away to Shaktar?

Because Douglas still hasn't realized his potential. Maybe going to Ukraine and leaving his confort zone will get him on the right track.

I wrote this about him a couple of months ago:

I agree about Douglas Costa, this kid is at a crossroads in his career - either he mans up and works towards becoming all he can be, or he becomes another ball-juggling ballerina. He's quick, a good freekicker and dribbler, but sometimes he seems so convinced that greatness is his destiny that he doesn't bother working for it.

Manager Celso Roth once told Douglas: "You think you know it all but you don't know shit. You're physically here but you don't look interested. Your head isn't here." Gremio's captain Tcheco expressed similar thoughts: "I didn't expect him to lack enough discipline even to know what he wants out of life. He's a national-team level player, but to get there he needs to focus." The massive hype that surrounded Douglas even before he joined Gremio's professional squad probably didn't help - he debuted among the pros surrounded by great expectations and a reputation of being "the New Ronaldinho", and some fans demanded his confirmation as a starter even before he had really earned it, just because he was SO GOOD. :rollani:

On his first game wearing Gremio's shirt as a pro, Douglas Costa played well and scored in a 2x1 victory against Botafogo - but a loooong time passed before he scored another goal (unless I'm mistaken, so far he only scored two goals for Gremio's pro team).

When Paulo Autuori was Gremio's manager, he began introducing Douglas to the team gradually by fielding him on the 2nd half of matches. In one of these occasions Douglas ended up hurting his team, by getting stupidly sent off against Fluminense after only a few minutes inside the pitch. A few days later the kid was caught by the police driving without a license. :wallbang:

Of course, the hype that surrounded Douglas this year wasn't for nothing. In 2008, the kid was awesome. Early in 2008 he won the won a couple of youth-division club trophies playing great football, and had good performances wearing the U-20 National Team's shirt. But this year he started out poorly, with some awful performances at the U-20 South American Championship in January (but still scored 3 goals in that competition). Douglas also participated in Brasil's campaign at this year's U-20 World Cup (where Brasil lost the final to Ghana on penalties) but he was irregular and only scored once.

Inside the pitch, Douglas alternates moments where he tries to win games by himself with moments where he 'zones out' and lacks concentration. Technically he's very good indeed, but the hype apparently went to his head. If he can remove his head from his arse, he may become an excellent player. Of course, he's only 19 (born in september 14 1990) and still has time to grow up.

[tub]LcZPye-oSqY[/tub]

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
yeah, but rever is playing like sh*t. he's got his head in europeland. he might as well join douglas costa.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
The problem of Rever and the defense of Gremio is lack of entrosamento, I hope they will beco,e betteras the season evolves. Is it you, fabio, or the gremio fan have become like some Liverpool fans : so easily lose faith in their own players. You will regret what you writev here after he leaves;
The torcida is for torcer, not to say about players that they are shit. (Of course it is only MHO)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts