Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uva: "Our strategy is always changing" Posted May 20, 2002 - 12:23 by Mattias

Lazio vice president Michele Uva explained how Lazio is working, and how the different changes in the world of football have changed Lazio's strategy through the years.

Uva: "In the last years many things have happened. Most of all the Bosman case and the way to contract the players. There is no doubt that everyone have to spend less money right now. We at Lazio have made a salary cap of 77 million Euro. The contracts will be based on the results and the roster will from 31 players be made of 25. That is the same number of players that we can send to UEFA so no one will have to sit out. We are not changing Lazio in order to become a mid table club again but we are looking furhter than just to next season because we want to stay on top for many years."

Uva on Nesta: "Sergio Cragnotti is personally taking care of that matter and he is talking to Nesta very often. The situation of Nesta do not only depend on our will or on Nesta's."

Maybe i dont read this well?

There are outside factors? what those might be? Moggi's wishes? Berlusconi's? Moratti's? Fergie's?

If it is a money issue, there's a whole lot of players to be sold from the current team. what? none is buying?

C'mmon. Speak up, dont give me rubbish....:mad:

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
I don't know what this talk means. But what I do know is that I don't like it. It seems as if Nesta isn't as sure to be staying at Lazio as I would like to. I would like for Cragnotti to come clean and tell us what's going on. He has said a lot of times that Nesta is not for sale... And now this statement from Uva. :confused: No wonder Nesta is confused and want's to know his position before the World Cup. It's like every day thesre's a new rumour on Nesta's transfer and each day there's a new statement. :confused: I don't like this one but but I just hope Nesta will stay and not pay too much attention to all the rumours - although that is hard with all these contradicting statements.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
What I am always wondering about is why sometimes the players are not allowed to say a thing to the press but everybody of the officials is allowed to say whatever's on his mind.

What's the worst part is that everybody gets confused and angry by this, the fans as well as the players.

I mean reading all the different statements - I simply can't recognize a united club policy in public and for sure that's not good for Lazio's reputation.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have only one thing to say.

I'm not so confident that he is staying anymore.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Not for sale ;)

This is from Laziomania..

Lazio captain Alessandro Nesta is surrounded by rumors, daily, but now Lazio's president repeats what he has said earlier, that Nesta is not for sale.

Cragnotti: "Nesta is not for sale, so I deny all the news that he would already have been sold or that he was about to be sold. Nothing has changed from when I spoke at a press conference some time ago. "

Well.. I don't think Crag would take the risk of selling him now.. I mean he has stated that Nesta is not for sale more than once so if he sells him then he'll have to disappear together with his son :D

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
or maybe those rumours were from other club who really love to see Nesta's leaving Lazio ... :rolleyes: it's so confusing ... :confused:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The word here in Italy from radios and TVs is that the Nesta deal is done and that he is off to Inter. Now, all Inter is waiting is Cragnotti to see the right moment for the announcement so that the shares of Lazio won't make a free fall.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
As much as I don't like to say it, I won't be surprised at all if what Amoroso says comes true! :(

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
But hey, these are just rumors... you can never know it if is true or not... Moratti said its not true and that he "hasn't spend a penny". It is also said that next week Simeone will be announced by Atletico Madrid and within the next two weeks either Liverani or Fiore will sign for Parma...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts