Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this was one of my favourite F.C.PORTO players before but now his gone.
He has stated that he would love to Re-join Porto.And was at a Porto match recently,can't remember which one!What would u guys think Should we take him back?
In my opinion yes,because he was a superb free kick taker.

VIVA O DORIVA

------------------
VIVA O PORTO
VIVA O JARDEL
VIVA O DECO
VIVA O BAIA
VIVA O P.D.C.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
to be completely honest...I think Doriva was one of the worst Brazilians ever to play for us....sorry doood.....I would not take him back....but I would take back zaho

------------------
Forca Jardel!
Forca Porto!
Forca Portugal!

http://portista.socceralliance.com

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
he is now playing in sampdoria in italian serie b,if they dont go to serie a,he may wanna leave the club and then maybe join porto.
we'll see

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I doubt very much Pinto da Costa will take him back. He "used" FC Porto as a trampolim to Italy and insisted on leaving in the middle of the season. PDC didn't like that.
Besides we have Paulinho, Peixe and Rodolfo for that position. He was good on free kicks but Za is even better.

I don't think you'll ever see Doriva or Argel back at FCP.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I think selling Doriva was one fo yalls bigger mistakes. He was very good, Zahovic though was an even stupider move. Who the fuc* came up with the idea to release Zlatko?

·
International
5,629 Posts
Money came up with the move...if you buy a player for 1 or 2 million and sell him for 10 or 15 million, that's a good enough reason to sell him!

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
"...I think Doriva was one of the worst Brazilians ever to play for us...."

all he had were good running free kicks

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
The Brazil '98 squad was also the WORST brazilian team I ever saw.....yuck! Brazil may be millllllllllllles ahead of everyone but I do not think that they will ever top their 1970 team. Doriva sucks.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think I really want Doriva back, but remember that Porto 3 Sporting 2 match - His best game at Porto (but poor Sporting goalkeeeping that day), and what about that free kick vs Croatia Zagreb??? he wasn't a bad holding player but like you guys say, we have that area covered.
Its a bit worrying that every Porto player that leaves the club flops at his new club:
Classic Examples:
Doriva (Samp)
Baia (Barca)
Zahovic (Olympiakos)
Kralj (PSV)
Domingos (Tenerife)
Kostadinov (Deportivo)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doriva and 5 cents won't get you a cup of coffee.
No thanks. Great ability to convert free kicks, but an average player overall. I agree with Marcoa, he was probably one of the worst Brazillians ever to come across the pond. As for Argel, Brazil can keep him. Wasn't this the moron who wanted to go back to Brazil because him and his wife could not 'adapt' to Portugal and the Portuguese way of life! What is it with these guys? Juninho pulled the same crap when he was with Boro. Too cold he and his wife said?! Give me a break! I've never been a big fan of Brazillian players. Too much baggage as far as I'm concerend.

That's an interesting point Dani raised about:
Doriva (Samp)
Baia (Barca)
Zahovic (Olympiakos)
Kralj (PSV)
Domingos (Tenerife)
Kostadinov (Deportivo)

not doing well once they left Portugal.

By the way, I've reserved a few places on the bandwagon for those who have fallen off for this weekend's victory parade!

------------------
Viva O Norte
Viva Porto
Viva Futebol Clube do Porto
Viva Pinto da Costa

1 - 12 of 12 Posts