Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Doping bans for Gaddafi Jr, Kallon. Blasi has to wait.

ROME, Jan 8 (Reuters) - Al Saadi Gaddafi, son of the Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, and Inter Milan striker Mohamed Kallon have both been suspended after testing positive for banned performance-enhancing substances.

Perugia striker Gaddafi recieved a ban of three months while Kallon was handed an eight-month suspension, according to a statement released by the disciplinary committee of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) on Thursday.

Kallon, 24, tested positive for two metabolites of the steroid nandrolone after Inter's 0-0 draw with Udinese in a Serie A match in September.

Last month the Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) rejected his attempt to explain the result and found him guilty of 'intentional doping'.

Gaddafi signed for Perugia in the close season but tested positive for norandrosterone - a metabolite of nandrolone - in October without having played for them in a competitive game.

Gaddafi blamed medicines prescribed for backache for the positive test.

Under Italian rules, both players could have been banned for up to two years, though Kallon's sentence is longer than many of those handed out for past drugs offences.

Dutch internationals Jaap Stam and Edgar Davids received suspensions of five months and four months respectively for their positive tests.

A third Serie A player - Parma midfielder Manuele Blasi - is still waiting to hear what punishment he will receive after testing positive for norandrosterone in September.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is really a joke 5 months and still no verdict...:groan:...what are they doing, scratching thier balls?...just give the guys a ban ASAP and have it sorted...:rollani:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bresciano said:
Hmmm, I've read that both will rest 8 months today. Maybe it was not official...
Well it as official as it gets for now anyway...there will be appeals etc to come...probabaly have them either turned down or the apeal get the bans lowered to 6 or even 4 months.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Blasi a four month ban or something with a retrospective effect, which means he could start playing again one month ago. :rolleyes:

I can't say that this mess is what I'm worried about though.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
One thing is for sure. Blasi wont play anymore this season. Why care then? He will probably move back to Juve and...:rollani:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
An 8 month ban from when? Now? Or when they were caught? If it's 8 months from now they will be ready just in time for next season. I think the same will happen to Blasi.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
VERDI said:
An 8 month ban from when? Now? Or when they were caught? If it's 8 months from now they will be ready just in time for next season. I think the same will happen to Blasi.
Well I read it in a czech forum. But I think that the poster probably had read the article about Kallon (who received 8 months) and was mistaken. I've posted a reaction where to find it. Wait...

But I think he was mistaken.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Re: Doping bans for Gaddafi Jr, Kallon. Blasi has to wait.

GaGa said:

Perugia striker Gaddafi recieved a ban of three months while Kallon was handed an eight-month suspension, according to a statement released by the disciplinary committee of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) on Thursday.

....:rolleyes: .... why Angelo Pagotto was banned for 2 years and Kallon just eight month ?:confused: ....
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Because Pagotto is black?...No just kidding:D

Maybe because Kallon plays for Inter?:happy:

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Shero said:
Because Pagotto is black?...No just kidding:D

Maybe because Kallon plays for Inter?:happy:
:D yea that's the point:D (Pagotto is not balck:D )...

he was the keeper of italy Under 21 that won the European in 1996...was banned when played in Perugia!:D

and guess where he's now? ...in Serie C1 ...!!!! they ruined his career ...but they will not ruined career of players that play for important teams :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Yeah, in Italy there's no justice.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
VERDI said:
Yeah, in Italy there's no justice.
Same can be said anywhere else in the world...

Reminds me of the Rio case...:D...8 months...:D

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
GaGa said:
Same can be said anywhere else in the world...

Reminds me of the Rio case...:D...8 months...:D
Will Rio be banned at all btw? That's also a huge scandal IMO.

And in the US O.J. Simpson walked away from a murder thanks to his money.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I hope we can sign him permanently, at least if he does do drugs, we can attrack the rich Colombian buyer, and even if that doesn't work, he can raise money through dealing, I am sure he can do better than Tosi in the transfer market.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
VERDI said:
And in the US O.J. Simpson walked away from a murder thanks to his money.
Ahhh yes good old Johnnie Cochran who got OJ off that...the lawyer who has all the celebrities as his clients and is probably the best trial lawyer in America...:D...OJ hired good.:thumbsup:

He used the race card to enhance the defense...and so...naturally it helped. Johnnie Cochran himself even hinted that OJ was guilty off-camera offcourse...infront he protected his client like all lawyers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts