Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....I just visited www.fiorentina2000.net and there is a topic about other serie A news NOT concerning Fiorentina and there is some more news about the Veron case (false passport). I didn't study law so I can't judge how serious this could work out for Lazio. But as far as I can see it could do some damage to Lazio. To be honest you build a great team and deserved to win the scudetto but a possible punishment could be losing the scudetto.
I think that would be unfair but you never know. at least I think Lazio will feel moral winners and if I was Juventus I would not accept such a CHEAP championship but untill now everything remains in the dark.
More news to follow soon.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Many,many years will go by before
this case will be closed!!!!!!

REALE,CAMPIONE D'ITALIA

------------------
SEMPRE E SOLO FORZA LAZIO

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
37,991 Posts
The "Fiorentina" article just says that the case is still under
investigation. Nothing has happend yet. So there is no need
for negative thinking.

The judgement would depend on whether or not these alleged
offenses have been commited with premeditation. If so it would
only reflect on the ones fould guilty and not on Lazio as a whole.
The judge will also take into consideration the circumstances and
the motives behind the alleged offenses. Furthermore they will
focus on how the evidence has been gathered and what intrests
will be served by bringing this case to court. The verdict will
be based on these considerations.

And thats only the judicial side of the case. Whether or not Lazio
could lose the championship if a different matter. That will be
decided by the football association. I don't know how they will
judge this, it seems to me they have a hard enough time judging
the De Santis case. But like Reale said, this indeed could take a very
long time before it's decided.

[This message has been edited by Boyo (edited 01-06-2000).]

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
The news has already been out (a few days ago I guess) that his passport IS indeed legal, nothing wrong with it. And that's final. So Scream, it's either that you read outdated news or...?

Forza Lazio

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Just like REALE said this could take years, and I personally don't believe this would become significant in terms of Lazio losing Lo scudetto.
Juventus getting it because of this would be rediculous as you got 1 more point than us, and thus were deserved winners.

Having said that one thing would bother me IF Veron's citizenship turns out to be a fake.
Boyo; You said this wouldn't be Lazio's fault. You can't know that for sure.
Veron could have done this at Parma if he had known about the possibilities (which he must have if he has Italian ancestors), but just as he came to Lazio he became "Italian". It's not as if HE would have to cheat to be part of the team. He knows that he will be a regular anywhere he goes.
If Lazio was in any way involved this WOULD be cheating and it should have grave consequences. Not for the success you've had on the field, but for the club as a whole.

Still- it's very propable that nothing is wrong to begin with, so I don' think there's any reason to debate this before the investigation is over.
Juventus were cleared of all allegations of drug using (you propably remember the Zeman thing) only yesterday, so that's an example of how a great club comes under investigation because of false charges.
In all propablitiy that's the same with Lazio. I always believe the best about others until something else is proven.

Ciao.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The news about Veron's passport are different every day although they could come from the same source so I don't consider them serious enough to write them on Laziomania.

One day it says the passport is legal, the next it is not.

And as Reale and Glen wrote, these things can go on for years. And these investigations are not only about Veron, but also about Ayala from Milan. So if there is something illegal, Milan did the same last season with Ayala.

Maybe in about 2 years we will see an end to this and it will, like usual, end with nothing... at least I think so.

FORZALAZIO !!
http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

------------------
S.S. LAZIO
CAMPIONE D'ITALIA 1999/2000

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The article at the fio site is very unclear and therefor I didn't get it in one time. I took some time to read it carefully again and indeed it seems like you guys were right.
If (and it looks very clear) his passport is legal, then close this case and get on. If and I repeat IF it turns out that it is a illegal passport (what won't happen I guess) then Lazio should not be punished by deducting points/losing scudetto or anything but just the managment and people who handled his application for the passport should be punished.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
37,991 Posts
Glen, when I said that this wouldn't reflect on Lazio as a whole,
I was referring to possible legal action taken by the Italian State
against the ones who would be found guilty in this case.

The Lazio organisation (S.S. Lazio SpA) cannot be held accountable,
under Italian law, for any wrongdoing by an individual member of
that organisation, unless the board of directors has approved their
actions. And as this would, possibly, be an illegal act it seems highly
unlikely that they would have done that.

I presume you were referring to how a guilty verdict would reflect
on Lazio from a fooball point of view. And yes, then it could indeed
have very serious repercussions.

But untill then, we should just hope for a good outcome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts