Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember this summer when USA/Galaxy forward Landon Donovan talked about giving Europe another try? England was the most discussed possible destination, but two sources told the Insider this week that German club Bayern Munich was also interested and that early-stage discussions did take place. There were several obstacles, though, including MLS's reluctance to relinquish its best American player and the league's concern about weakening the marquee Galaxy.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
don will leave this jan...he wants to play in euro now for some reason( :greed: ) so he better go now if he wants to cash in

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
He shouldn't go to Bayern Munich. Sure its a great club and he'd be with world-class players but that's exactly the down side. Too much pressure for ol' Landycakes and too much competition. Wouldn't suit him. I think he'd do OK in Germany though, better than England. Spain would be an interesting choice if he were to go abroad as would Italy.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
:howler: Landycakes can't play in Europe c'mon, he gets deprived of touches through long stretches of a match. In his position that is unacceptable

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Another thought about Donovan I had, I think he would do well in a country like Spain as he would be less homesick. He can already speak the language and the Mediterranean climate is similar to what he is used to back home in California. If some Spanish midtable team were to pick him up, I think that would be a good move.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
:howler: Landycakes can't play in Europe c'mon, he gets deprived of touches through long stretches of a match. In his position that is unacceptable
I think he should get better at this training in Europe. If he plays in the MLS he'll continue to ignore the missing facets of his game. It might keep out of the starting XI right away in a European team, but I see no reason why he couldn't make it into the starting XI of a lower midtable Spanish team if he put his head down. Of course that's a big ask for him but I think a place like Spain, Portugal, or Italy would help ease his transition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts