Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ashamed to have this player be considered the greatest US player in history. If he is the best we can do, we will perpetually suck. He is a Momma's boy little bitch who has very little heart whatsoever.

IMO, the sooner he's off the national team, the better. I love seeing this little faggoot make error after error for the LA Galaxy. Lets give Beckham citizenship even though I abhor him as well. At least he's good.

Go **** yourself, Landon.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
U can hate him as much as u want to , but without landon da US team is shit. Hes the leading scorer and will also be the assist leader in US sawker history someday and most of the time he doesnt give his all and thats scarey. Hes a good player with skillz...ya , he prefers his wife , cali and american food over sawker . Hes like a talented brazilian who doesnt give a shit abt sawker when they have the money in their pockets already...Hey give me heartless donovon over any other US playa...base on skills and stats , nobody comes close

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I think Donovan is a little bitch, but he usually performs well for the national team. Plus, he always finds a way to kick the shit out of Mexico, which is fine by me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I wouldn't say he is worthless but he is very very inconsistent. Plus he's got a chip on his shoulder. Not a likable dude at all. Perfect fit for Galaxy.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Agree with Magic here. Pretty inconsistent, especially for the LA Galaxy, but pretty good for the NT, which is all I really care about with regards to his performance. Adu will be better than him though and has a much better attitude.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But I still cannot get over his ***** ass coming back to the MLS. He is a weak little bitch who doesn't care about succeeding at the highest level. That is why I hate him.

·
Registered
666 Posts
But I still cannot get over his ***** ass coming back to the MLS. He is a weak little bitch who doesn't care about succeeding at the highest level. That is why I hate him.
What are you talking about Andy? Donovan aims to succeed at the highest level in football. He's considered a potential move to Australian A-league, the best league in the world. I've never seen such an ambitious player like Donovan before. :dielaugh:

Plenty of players would kill to try out in Europe, yet Donovan is afraid of going back to Europe. He truly embodies the word coward.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I'm ashamed to have this player be considered the greatest US player in history. If he is the best we can do, we will perpetually suck. He is a Momma's boy little bitch who has very little heart whatsoever.

IMO, the sooner he's off the national team, the better. I love seeing this little faggoot make error after error for the LA Galaxy. Lets give Beckham citizenship even though I abhor him as well. At least he's good.

Go **** yourself, Landon.

:thmbup: Yep

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I know he missed a sitter, but how can U get pissed with the guy that set up 2 of the 3 goals v. Poland.

He can be infuriating, but not as much as Eddie Johnson, IMHO.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Well its hard for me to get on a player for coming back the MLS but he does have the ability to play in Europe so it does make you wonder why he wouldn't want to test himself.

He comes off as soft and has not really played well in the MLS for a while...so first off he needs to get his act together at that train wreck of a club LA Galaxy and play well.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Well its hard for me to get on a player for coming back the MLS but he does have the ability to play in Europe so it does make you wonder why he wouldn't want to test himself.

He comes off as soft and has not really played well in the MLS for a while...so first off he needs to get his act together at that train wreck of a club LA Galaxy and play well.

He's VERY soft. Plays with no intensity, but yes he swings in some nice crosses. He was pathetic in a friendly against Brazil in Chicago. I saw it from 5 rows up, not good.
Still have to give him credit for 2002. He and Beasley were invigerating and he is a key figure to the birth of real soccer in the U.S. With that said, the quicker we find a better option the better our NT will be

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
What he could need is a coach that will whip him into shape. I'm sure that some of this softness is because he is a big star in the MLS and for the US NT, likes being that, and is treated as such by club management and his coaches at the Galaxy. Its a hard problem to find a solution there since right now it seems the management and the player himself are content with the current situation. I don't know too many Galaxy fans, but I imagine they are annoyed but not pissed. Its either gonna take some abysmal performances or a massive fan revolt to change anything at that club.

That being said, here's hoping we kick their pathetic asses on Thursday. :hopeful:

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
His softness to me is more physical and how he shy's away from it. He plays like a Madamouseille on the field. Someone called him Landycakes in another thread. :dielaugh: It's the perfect name for him: Landycakes :D

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
I think part of it is mental. Hence his move back to the MLS. He certainly has the ability to play in Europe, maybe not in one of the more physical leagues. I also think his mental weakness shows on the field and in his physical performance. He might not be naturally strong, but if he was more confident in his physical ability and not afraid to take a knock or two then he could be much better.

Freddy Adu is also not the biggest guy, and I hope he doesn't go down Landy's path. I don't think he will, he seems to be OK at Benfica even if he isn't getting alot of time. He is a harder worker and mentally stronger than Landycakes, so I think he can do well, even if its not immediately.

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
He's the best player we have..he's a technical player; meaning he plays with the ball. You people like a hard tackler with no ball skills, as long as that player late tackles to you he's good but can he pass, can he fake a defender, does he have speed, does he have field vision..you all don't care..just kill the opposition huh.

Without Landon running the offense...heaven help us!

Only other player with his skills is Freddy..all the others are side passers and hard tacklers.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
He's the best player we have..he's a technical player; meaning he plays with the ball. You people like a hard tackler with no ball skills, as long as that player late tackles to you he's good but can he pass, can he fake a defender, does he have speed, does he have field vision..you all don't care..just kill the opposition huh.

Only other player with his skills is Freddy..all the others are side passers and hard tacklers.
:dielaugh::dielaugh: Um, no he's not. Not anymore. On the contrary, I'm very interested in technical players and am thankful there are some youngn's coming through, and we have a handful already better then Landycakes. Dempsey is better on the ball and more creative thinker, Bradley is better, even Fehribaher is better.
Landon running the offense? Against who, El Salvador and Costa Rica? Yea he looks good then, but when he plays a world power he gets deprived of the ball and then gives up on himself while the game is still going.
Landycakes is scared of opposition he respects, he's fast but plays slow, he has skills but can't display it, he's just not good enough to lead us to the level where you all are hoping we get to. Not even close to good enough. He is the epitemy of what everyone thinks of U.S. players. But not for long, there are some fine one's coming through

·
Registered
8,966 Posts

That's not at all what I'm saying.

I don't want Donovan to be a hard tackler or anything and I appreciate his technical skills, because, like you said, we have few others that have his abilities on the ball. However, that is not an excuse for his weakness! Sure, I don't expect him to be Zlatan or anything, but he's a physically and mentally weak player. He shys away from 50-50 balls and physical contact and is afraid to get hurt. Offensive players above all should expect to get roughed up by opposition defenders (I'm not saying that they should expect to get their shins kicked or anything), but Donovan just seems to avoid anything physical altogether. He's good, but he would be so much better if he just grew a pair. He could also draw alot more fouls in dangerous areas too.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
That's not at all what I'm saying.

I don't want Donovan to be a hard tackler or anything and I appreciate his technical skills, because, like you said, we have few others that have his abilities on the ball. However, that is not an excuse for his weakness! Sure, I don't expect him to be Zlatan or anything, but he's a physically and mentally weak player. He shys away from 50-50 balls and physical contact and is afraid to get hurt. Offensive players above all should expect to get roughed up by opposition defenders (I'm not saying that they should expect to get their shins kicked or anything), but Donovan just seems to avoid anything physical altogether. He's good, but he would be so much better if he just grew a pair. He could also draw alot more fouls in dangerous areas too.
Ew, there it is. Good good point :thmbup:

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
:dielaugh::dielaugh: Um, no he's not. Not anymore. On the contrary, I'm very interested in technical players and am thankful there are some youngn's coming through, and we have a handful already better then Landycakes. Dempsey is better on the ball and more creative thinker, Bradley is better, even Fehribaher is better.
Landon running the offense? Against who, El Salvador and Costa Rica? Yea he looks good then, but when he plays a world power he gets deprived of the ball and then gives up on himself while the game is still going.
Landycakes is scared of opposition he respects, he's fast but plays slow, he has skills but can't display it, he's just not good enough to lead us to the level where you all are hoping we get to. Not even close to good enough. He is the epitemy of what everyone thinks of U.S. players. But not for long, there are some fine one's coming through
I'm sorry, but I disagree with some of your post here. Donovan is good on the ball and he is the best offensive player we have at the moment. He's better than Beasley or any of our forwards. I think if players like EJ, Jozy, and Adu reach their full potential, then they will be better than him (though Eddie has a similar problem, he doesn't utilize his pace and strong physical presence as much as he should). Bradley is a good young player, but a very different type of player than Donovan. Bradley is a good two way midfielder and can score alot (not really for the US though), but he does not have the pace, dribbling, or touch of Donovan. Dempsey is a hard worker and a decent finisher, but again not as good at running and dribbling as Landon. Benny is OK, but again is not the same type of player as Donovan.

That being said, he definitely needs to grow a pair, like I said before. I agree with your point about him being weak and a bit of a coward, but right now there is no other player that can do what he does for the NT. Freddy will be able to do that by the time South Africa rolls around, and hopefully by then, Donovan will shape up.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
He's a cancer right now. Used to be better and still deceives you fans against teams that aren't very good tactically and so he's given time and space to dribble. He does have good dribbling but can't put it to use against premier players and modern European tactical defenses. He's a little bitch, who happens to also have good set piece abilities :D

Naervod, it's ok you disagree. I'm not all knowing, it's just what I see and my opinion

1 - 20 of 42 Posts