Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know how many of you were up last night , but during halftime of the brazil turkey match. some informationa about the starting 11 was "leaked" out according to the roprt a close source to the team revelad that arena plans to start brad friedel in goal beasely out wide on the left and landon donovan at one of the foward postions. This will more then likely mean that we will not see the 2 guys that could not get hurt in Clint Mathis and Claudio Reyna. If that speculation is true , then landon and Damarcus as well as the rest of the team are going to have to play the games of their lives , things aren't looking in our favor , but i will be the last to count us out

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Hey there, lilphenom! :)

Thought you went permanently AWOL on us. Good to have you back.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I guess it makes sense. Why risk your 2 most valuable and fragile players in a mismatch with Portugal? If we're still in the game at the 75th minute, Mathis could be a real test for the Portugese defense. If we're getting our clocks cleaned, Arena will have fresh legs for the next match.:rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
no i think i was more MIA then AWOL. I have been so busy with school and club lately , but know that school is out i will be posting alot more

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Kerry said:
I guess it makes sense. Why risk your 2 most valuable and fragile players in a mismatch with Portugal? If we're still in the game at the 75th minute, Mathis could be a real test for the Portugese defense. If we're getting our clocks cleaned, Arena will have fresh legs for the next match.:rolleyes:
Yeah, that could be Arena's thinking for those two. Do you think that could apply for Keller as well?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts