Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way out, but where? (Allsport)

05/23/2002. Atalanta midfielder Cristiano Doni has stated that longtime admirers Juventus and Roma are still very much interested in signing him.

Doni's sensational form this season has earned him a call-up to the Italian World Cup squad, and speaking from the national team's base in Japan, he said that the two giants remain interested in his signature.

"The Atalanta president Ivan Ruggeri has confirmed the interest from Juventus and Roma. The club have assured me that things are progressing well and I have total faith in them," he said.

The 29-year-old also added that he hasn't even considered staying with Atalanta.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if neither Juventus nor Roma have had contact for real with Atalanta for a Doni deal, in the end we will know what will happen but there are so many rumors written to sell papers that half of them can't be believed.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Actually, a new ofensive midfielder is needed, even though Capello should have given Cassano more playing time, since he played well everytime he went in...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hopefully Cassano won't leave, he played great, what little time he had, he was great, he has a great future ahead..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts