Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a mamouth season, weve got to where, realistically, we should have under the circumstances.

But lets put this into perspective :

At the start of the seaon, we were docked 15 points ... This means we had to win 5 games, just to get to 0.. Its amazing how well we did and how well we continued.

Furthermore, we were not allowed to sign any players until 2 days before the start of the season. We had no Goalkeeper.

Mid season, we lost our clearly influential assitant manager, Gus Poyet and then we went an awful run.

Wise then left and everything went to pot because when Macca came in, they played absolutely awful football... Lump it up to the big striker, who heads it on and beckford runs on... looking back, it worked, but it was awful.

Weve had managers,chairmen, the media and rival fans say things all season... weve been laughed at and mocked.

We were what 5 points off the play offs coming into the last 8 games.

We had a failed court hearing, that couldve disrupted everything at the club.

We reached the play offs and played Carlisle, 95 minutes into the tie, we were 2-0 down.But were leeds and we got through!

So were at Wembley, the most up and down season ever, my best season ever. Ive never loved a season so much, Ive never loved the hate against us so much and Ive never loved to come out with shining lights at the end of something so much.

Even if we lose on Sunday, lets put 1 thing into perspective. Every team that has bene deducted 10 points (Only 10!!) has been relegated, but not us. Credit has to go to everyone involved.

This is why Wembley will be so good !!

COME ON LEEDS!!!!

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Congrats Leeds, cheers LaFa! To get there with a 15 points deduction is impressive. Good luck at Wembley.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefulyl will be joining you in the 2nd tier of our respective countries leagues !

Hopefully can give you QPR boys a good beating next year too :D

Although, this is leeds, the highs come with the lows... Expect another 3-0 loss in the play off final.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Only that you get there by promotion and we got relegated. ;)

Hehe, no one can stop QPR in the Championship next year. :D With Formula 1 speed up in the table.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leeds will be travelling up the championship just a few miles an hour slower than you then :D

Awful state of affairs queuing for people yesterday. I camped form around 6 n tuesday night, got my tickets by 1 then next day. 19/20 hours queuing.... WE BETTER WIN!!!

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
:howler: Yeah, when you win you will tell everyone what an unforgetable experience it was to queue for 20 hours. ;)

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Oh football gods, please ignore (preferably destroy) Doncaster's swift passing game. Do not sympathise with the small club or the millions of Leeds haters baying for blood. Ignore the neutral fans who are bound to go for Donnie Osmond and do not just lazily go along with Leeds' tradition at Wembley. You see, we can only beat Arsenal at Wembley. We've done it twice and lost against everyone else but tonight I'm looking to you dear lords to change this. Plea:scared::stoned::smileani:se!

Not quite right I'm seeing this morning. We drew with Chelsea and also thrashed Liverpool with a hat tick form Cantona.

Come on Leeds!

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Bateman you are nothing more and nothing less than a ****. In all my time on these boards (8 years) I've never seen anyone going to another forum just to rub it in like that with no other sensible comment about the match. From Manchester are we, like the majority of Man City fans or just another pathetic glory hunter from somewhere else?

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just a shame its clear fans mean nothing to players these days.

If a team with 15,000 fans down there beacuse 10,000 leeds fans have bought tickets in there can beat a team with 36,000 official tickets, not to mention all the club wembley and donny enders... then its clear however much money or passion we give to the team... it wont be good enough.

Beckford needs to go, we can get good moeny for him... 2 or 3 million will do nicely. Get a decent championship striker in and rebuild AGAIN. Champions next year.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Commiserations guys, and chin up!

Just a shame its clear fans mean nothing to players these days.
A lesson I had to learn this season too. Maybe better said, once again, but every time it's frustrating.

·
African WC haha
5,934 Posts
Unlucky chaps but must say that the better team won on the day.

Donnie played you off the park at times and probably should have been at least 2-3 up after 20 minutes.
Your keeper was in great form. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.