Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the FCK boss a dirty slimebag?
Or is he a risctaking - topclassed businessman with flair??

Let's start a descussion weather he is or isnt, good or bad.

Feel free to post links to articals conserning him or his situation :)

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Don Ø is giving a lecture at Journalisthøjskolen on Monday. I'll let you know what I think about him once I've heard him. :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
You're reading to become a journalist? Great :). I've been thinking seriously about that aswell, though I'm still alot in doubt. That's offtopic though, so here comes something that isn't.

I think Don Ø is an amazing man. He's extremely harsh when it comes to business, I think you have to be, but on a personal view he's extremely sensistive. When we'd beaten Brøndby in Parken last year, he went tottaly nuts and threw his shirt off, into lower C :). And before every game he takes a short round on lower C, and says hallo and shakes hand with everyone near. Thumbs up for having the energy.

Now on a business level, he's an extremely competent man, as seen in FCK's results both economically as sportswise. Now I can't help wonder wether you guys hating the man so much has anything to do with all the succes he's brought us :confused:? No matter what, he knows what he can do and can't do, and doesn't overrate his own abilities. F.ex he employs people to do the more sportswise tasks, as player buys and such. In the meantime, he takes total care of the overall picture as well as the economical part.

Thumbs up, Danish footy need more men like him to make the league better, both sportswise and economical.

Daniel

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Kee said:
Is the FCK boss a dirty slimebag?
Or is he a risctaking - topclassed businessman with flair??
Feel free to post links to articals conserning him or his situation :)

What is your point?????????

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well actually there have been several clames of him acting unfair and more or less a jerk. I cant really say anything about Don Ø thats would prove this. nothing else than the tales of Brian Laudrup, and others (I'm in no condision able to remember who these ppl are, unfortunetly :( ) As far as Laudrup book, he shares his opinion of the contrevearcial FCK boss. Laudrup accuses Don Ø of pushing to such low situation of lying direktly to the press about him beeing able to go free from the contract. A lie wich soon proved to be one, when Laudrup did go free and put him in a bad light.
I say again:
I'm just sharing my opinion of the clams and accusations I've read.
Once I've heard or read a opposing argue, I will beleave that one, untill other is proved. etc, etc.

One of the latest clames is about his interest outside the pitch and management. The article wrote in BT was about Flemming Østergårds golfplay. Not only did he gamble(wich I'm not sure weather is ileagle or not) but he did it with 10milion Danish Kroner. If it was his own money I wouldnt say anything, cuz he can do what ever he want with then, if you aske me. But apperantly it was his actioneers money. :eekani: I havent read this article furrowly so I wount comment on that.
Also I'd like to say, I recall him winning the bet so I jsut want to say congratulations :D
Daniel I can see your point. And there is no use of trying to hide his succes in his proffesion. And your prolly right about the fact that were rival clubs, and thats why we dislike him much more.
I'm not sure if the articles can be found in English or not :( but I will try and search. :)

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
He, he. The story was on the front page of BT, which isn't exactly the most reliable newspaper in Denmark.

I just read the story about the 10 mio. bet and nowhere in the article it is mentioned or documented that they were risking the stockholders money in that bet. I don't know where BT gets this from. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Well it's no secret that BT and Ekstrabladet are Brøndby papers....I'm so tired of this, and as I see it the timing isn't random, they're doing it right now in the middle of this years most important matches to disturb our concentration :mad:. About the Laudrup case, who knows, maybe Michael had a hand in this as a perhaps comming BØF trainer?

Daniel

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
It's kind of funny, 'cause I see BT and EB as non-Brøndby papers:D.

About us Brøndbyere hating his acts and person, well you're right DBOY. It is because we hate FCK and jalousie is also involved;) For instance, I also hate Man Utd because of their huge success and that I don't like in the first place, doesn't help at all:D

About the Don Ø case. Well it was I who started it. But just to make some fun. Now when it has developed into a quite interesting discussion I better post about it:)

I see Don Ø as a man of great visions. He came to FCK from Lyngby, where he got to 'big' for them. He's had bunch of plans with FCK. Now he wants a handball team, last year it was an icehockey team:rolleyes:. He has also had big plans with CSC Tiscali about a sponsor deal of the team in the Tour de France. He wanted to get the metro into Parken, he wanted to build a nightclub on the top of the Coca Cola-tribune and tons of other things. I think his suffering from megalomania(he's getting above himself). About Brian Laudrup, well he did tell him to lie to the press, while Østergaard misled 'Børsen' about a clause in Laudrup's contract. Well Don(e) Flemse:rolleyes:.

Flemming Østergaard, aka Don Ø, aka Mr. Burns, aka Scrooge = :greed:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didnt even know BT and Ekstrabladet ws 'Brøndbys papers' :undecide:
I thought BT sent FCK on the top of the table for some weeks back, where Brøndby were stuggling with bad results.
Anyway, I didnt beleave the thing about ten million! who does that!? And I've seen some clips on TV3 where Don Ø makes a 'long drive' (the first time he hits a ball on a hole) it didnt exactly look like Tiger Woods or Thomas Bjørn :rollani: :howler:
And BTW who would Flemming Østergård play 10 Million against??

Laz: I guess BT figured Don Ø doesnt have 10 million to play golf over, thats why they assumed it was the stockholders cash :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I actually think he has that kind of money to play for:eek::greed:!

Kee, I also saw that programme about Flemse, where he were playing golf with NCH. He sucked big time:D!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I gotta say that i admire Østergaard for what he has achieved as a president of FCK, but i dislike what i hear about him as a person!

Noone can dispute that he has done a great job in FCK. Afterall FCK is, as far as i know, the team in Denmark who has the best economy. Even though they along with Brøndby has the biggest payrole.

He is, imo, like the presidents in the big european clubs. He takes care of the economical aspects, and in that way he keeps the club running. If danish soccer is to improve our reputation in Europe we need more presidents with the knowledge of Østergaard.

At the same time i wish that these buisnessmen who should lead the clubs could have the same personality as Brondbys Bjerregaard. I really admire this man for the way he handles players who wants to move abroad and cases like the one involving Martin Smith. Also the way he helps opposing teams when a player gets injured is admireable.

A mix of Bjerregaard and Østergaard would be the PERFECT chairman.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts