Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for those living and born outside of Croatia, you can only apply for a Domovnica through your local Consulate and not in Hrvatska...found out the hard way.

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
Well, for those living and born outside of Croatia, you can only apply for a Domovnica through your local Consulate and not in Hrvatska...found out the hard way.
really since when? my friend got his domovnica last summer in zadar..

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
What happened?

PS Look on the bright side...if you are talking about finding out the hard way...put yourselves in Krme's shoes and his time in the slammer...he hasn't been able to sit down since...:D

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
I got mine in Zagreb like all good hercegovci...

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Wow. I think maybe they changed that rule as I heard alot of people got their's in HR..

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Like I told you guys I got mine from HR and it was done this fall, with a little help from my uncle.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Thats total bs by people in our government institutions Jure! They probably know who you are and which family you come from and thats why they are singling you out. Like I told you, it took me 5 years to get my domovnica and I applied for it from the consulate in Toronto:fero:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I'm sure there's a way around this, don't give up pull the old veze!

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Thats total bs by people in our government institutions Jure! They probably know who you are and which family you come from and thats why they are singling you out. Like I told you, it took me 5 years to get my domovnica and I applied for it from the consulate in Toronto:fero:
I doubt this is the reason behind this.

I would say more like Eduardo said, some jerk was behind the counter who tried to make things difficult and make his job seem more important to people than it really is.

I am curious what he was told by them and if he was given a list of instructions which he is able to follow to get the domovnica. I know I got mine in ZG 3 years back.

I was born in Herc though and I think that jure was in NY so this may make some difference - dont know just guessing!

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to Imotski to do it....the funny part is that I had all the proper paper work....the lady at the desk is actually my dad's neighbor and I don't know if its a new rule or not, but, they told me because I wasn't ˝malo ljetan˝ that I couldn't do it anymore in Croatia rather I needed to do it through my consulate...which I told them was a total crock because well the consulate has to ship things to Zagreb anyway....but anyway..the lady printed out both my mom and my dad's domovnica and gave it to me to bring to NYC....they also got my old man's krsni list in case >I needed it....but the beauracracy here is total craziness.

Just a question...for those that did get it in Hrvatska, during the Yugo days, did your parents maybe register you with the state? If so, that is probably the reason you were able to get it in Croatia.....at least thats what I was told...in my case that never happened because my parents were izbegljice.

Anyway, I'm here at an internet cafe in Zadar and enjoying the weather...

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PS Look on the bright side...if you are talking about finding out the hard way...put yourselves in Krme's shoes and his time in the slammer...he hasn't been able to sit down since...:D

well, hell, thats putting the hard way to a bit of a bigger light. :D

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
I got it in Hrvatska but I was born here and we alwys wrote Croatian and not jugoslav so that helped and I suppose the fact that I was registered (as you say) here. I got it while here on holiday and it took about 3 months to get.

Jure, not having a domovnica will stuff up your plans of moving back to Cro or what?

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got it in Hrvatska but I was born here and we alwys wrote Croatian and not jugoslav so that helped and I suppose the fact that I was registered (as you say) here. I got it while here on holiday and it took about 3 months to get.

Jure, not having a domovnica will stuff up your plans of moving back to Cro or what?

Blast! I'll call ya when I get to ZG!

AHHH see, you were born here which automatically gave you the rights to a domovnica even if you did move to OZ...same with Ero.

Nope...don't worry about that...the plans are still to move back here....I actually was able to get an interview at that American University in Dubrovnik....

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Bro,

Zovi samo zovi. ;)

Good to hear that it wont faaark up the plans and good to hear about the interview with the Us uni too. There are a couple of places here in ZG that need English professors and especially native speakers... we will suss some out.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
definitly won't screw up with the plans. it'll just put things back. Though, working with the American Uni in Dubrovnik won't be a problem because I believe I won't need a work permit for there....the domovnica makes things easier because there is no need to apply for a work permit and also buying an appartment, house, or some land is easier rather than have to go throught the procedura of listing yourself as a business.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so jure you're now here for good?
No no...not yet. I still have to sell my house in the States....the original goal was by September...but, it might be moved a bit depending on how quick the sale goes and also, the domovnica as well. I want to get that first this way I have one less worry.

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
No no...not yet. I still have to sell my house in the States....the original goal was by September...but, it might be moved a bit depending on how quick the sale goes and also, the domovnica as well. I want to get that first this way I have one less worry.
jureM did u go to ny croatia 45th anniversary party?

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
While we're on the topic. In January I recieved a letter from the MUP in Cro accepting my application for citizenship and approving me. All I was instructed to do in the paperwork that came with the letter was to sign and date one of the papers and mail it back to the consulate. Now my question is do any of you guys from N. America or the diaspora know what my next move is as I haven't heard from anybody since I sent out that signed paper??

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Jure... I got some land for sale in Pirovac hinterland... part of the land is a vineyard... 5km from the sea.

All the best brother.

Let me know if you catch some Zadar KK games.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts