Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think Matteo will be selected for England? There are many "speculations" that he may just make it considering the lack of talented left-sided player.

Matteo has been pretty consistent and made lots of accurate passes throughout the season.

I don't think he will, but I heard the odds for it are very high ;)

T

·
0 Posts
Hope he gets selected too. The last time he was considered for England was as a central defender, and he was an up-and-coming one too! Too bad he's always been left out of the England squad. Even if he gets in, I think he will only be second choice behind Le Saux (ie. if that useless bum is fit). Not forgetting that there's also Phil Neville of the Scums...

And if Matteo gets in, won't it be an irony if GH were to bring in a new leftback in the summer? 'Cos we will then 'already' have an 'England international leftback' in our ranks... (Yeah, I know I'm just dreaming it a bit too much!) :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Seriusly now,England's left side is in dramatically bad condition if they asre even considering picking Dom. :)

Not that Le Saux or "Mr Average II" are any better....

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

T

·
0 Posts
I know this posting is probably suited somewhere else, but since we are at the topic of Matteo and leftbacks, thot I'd just put this here...

I think if Keegan has all the left sided players fit in the country, the 3 players that he will pick for left-back are: Le Saux (beats me why, but he ain't good) and Stuart Pearce (believe me, Keegan will pick him for sure!), and also Phil Neville as cover (thou' he just about average in everything, he's also damned lucky that he can play just about anywhere in defence and midfield!).

X

·
0 Posts
nope..he didn`t make it!

that`s really bad!
i mean not cos i`m l`pool fan...but hoesntly i think he was one of the best british left-sided players this whole season..

phil neville has hardly played...and even when he did..wasn`t totally convincing!

le saux is unfit @500%!

wilcox`s form has been quite good and deserves to be in the squad..

i heard barmby could be made to play on the left flank...or else pool`s fav. macca!

maybe it`s quite tactical reasons which are why keegan didnt select matteo..
i think he will play with 3 full-backs and 5 mids...so matteo will not be needed..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts