Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porto striker Domingos Paciencia believes that the club will not miss Mario Jardel, the popular Brazilian forward who was sold to Galatasaray earlier this summer.

Jardel was Porto's top scorer for the last three seasons, but former Portuguese international striker Domingos is hoping to emulate the club's former star.

He said: "It's a great responsibility to replace Jardel and there's no-one like him. There's a difference of 27 goals and if I can make it - and I know it won't be easy - it's obvious that we will all gain by it."

He also believes that without Jardel, Porto will play a different way: "It will be different because it won't be played to the head of one particular player.

"This year it will be different and I will do everything to fit in with a new system.

"We all will have to put our heads on the line but from that perspective this season will be no different from any other – we set off with the aim of winning everything."

But Domingos realises that there are no guarantees for him. "There are other strikers at the club who have their own merits. I will not get anywhere unless I work very hard."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts