Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously, in football, teams can dominate an entire match, and still lose. What do you think is the most exaggerated example of such a match?

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Brazil Vs Argentina 1990 WC. Was not a 90 minutes domination but the chances Brazil wasted in that game were uncountable. That win was the sweatest win ever for me:D

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This one isn't really a game, but Brazil dominated WC 98 didn't they? And to have it pulled away from their hands after controlling a tournament, must count, musn't it?

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
This one isn't really a game, but Brazil dominated WC 98 didn't they? And to have it pulled away from their hands after controlling a tournament, must count, musn't it?
Dominated 98? Hardly man!

They had a fluky 2-1 win over Scotland in their first game, won their second game against Morroco 3-0 which reminds us of Morroco's rediculous goal keeper, lost to Norway 2-1, won over Chile 4-1 which reminds me as well of how Cameron were robbed against them, a very difficult win over Denmark 3-2, penalties against Holland in the semi final after a 1-1 draw and losing 3-0 to Zidan in the final in a game should have finished 6-0 if France had a decent goal scorer then.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lucky I put a question mark then, eh Pooh :pp

·
Registered
28,281 Posts
The ones that immediately spring to mind when i think of one sided...

2002 WC - Argentina Vs Sweden 1-1....absolutely ridiculous, I think Zanetti got behind the full back and crossed/cut back about 20 balls alone. The Swedish keeper and defence were immense that day, i don't think i seen anything like it.

2000 Euro Qualifier - Portugal Vs Romania 0-1...90 minute onslaught and disallowed goal only for Munteanu to strike with a 90th minute free kick...always the way isn't it :D

Any game involving Greece in 2004 :undecide:

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
28,281 Posts
I was very sad after that game Pooh :moan:, especially with the reaction of the players after it, and with the situation the country was in i was convinced they would triumph to give the people some joy............next year hopefully :hopeful:

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
I was very sad after that game Pooh :moan:, especially with the reaction of the players after it, and with the situation the country was in i was convinced they would triumph to give the people some joy............next year hopefully :hopeful:
The worst time ever for at every level! Career, romance, family issues, everything!

Hope next year is ours!:thumbsup:

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
edited

1 - 20 of 61 Posts