Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys personally prefer? That we should focus on bringing players with international experience since they play abroad or should we take a closer look at what we got at home? There are both advantages and disadvantages in both aspects so what would you personally prefer?

Do you believe M.Niculae scoring in Scotland holds more weight than G. Bucur in Romania i.E.?

Did Niculescu become suddenly "great" when he went to Duisburg? He probably did more in 3 games than Marica in his whole season... do we just underrate players in Romania or is there more behind it?

discuss :flirt:

·
Banned
8,880 Posts
Niculescu is a given..

And yes we think " our players are better when they are in a differant league "

Which isn't true.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Niculescu is a given..

And yes we think " our players are better when they are in a differant league "

Which isn't true.
but why? Could it be because our league generally has no international stars or does it also depend from the stadiums, audiences, int. success etc.?

·
Banned
8,880 Posts
It's because Romania is only starting to grow as a league.. 2 years ago we weren't even a top 12 nation.

·
General Iordanescu
29,929 Posts
Niculescu certainly improved.

Frankly I think it's the athmosphere. Liga I is always filled with scandal, managers cursing each other, until a few years ago it was 50% arranged beforehand... Now, I'm not saying players in England, Italy have an easy time, coz the pressure is huge, but at the same time there is a sort of... undescribable difference... I'd say "civilizatie" but that's not the term, as Mutu and Chivu witnessed... It's another air, if you get my drift... I dunno.

Anyway... I think we have to promote our league. Huge drop for Romanian players I foresee.

·
Registered
17,360 Posts
While playing in Romania or any smaller league one never knows how good a player really is, because they face weaker opposition and the pace and intensity is lower. When they go abroad and you can measure them against the best it gives a much better idea of their potential.

For example Sepsi and Radu are beginning to show they have real quality while before they where not important or not called for the NT. Daniel Niculae was one of the best in the league but now he is showing he is a very good player abroad too, something that was hard to tell before.

I don´t know how Mazilu will do in Ukraine for example, how many he´ll score while he was a constant scorer in Romania. I also wonder how Bucur would do in Germany or how would Dica do in Italy or Spain. Until we see that we can´t really rate those players, unless they showed it in CL for example.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Niculescu certainly improved.

Frankly I think it's the athmosphere. Liga I is always filled with scandal, managers cursing each other, until a few years ago it was 50% arranged beforehand... Now, I'm not saying players in England, Italy have an easy time, coz the pressure is huge, but at the same time there is a sort of... undescribable difference... I'd say "civilizatie" but that's not the term, as Mutu and Chivu witnessed... It's another air, if you get my drift... I dunno.

Anyway... I think we have to promote our league. Huge drop for Romanian players I foresee.
it just seems that Romanian teams only play nice thought out footy when the team they play is a serious one with a real crowd behind them... Uni Cluj is one of the finest examples... they seem to cope better with a filled stadium and pressure than playing some no names nobody cares about...

While playing in Romania or any smaller league one never knows how good a player really is, because they face weaker opposition and the pace and intensity is lower. When they go abroad and you can measure them against the best it gives a much better idea of their potential.

For example Sepsi and Radu are beginning to show they have real quality while before they where not important or not called for the NT. Daniel Niculae was one of the best in the league but now he is showing he is a very good player abroad too, something that was hard to tell before.

I don´t know how Mazilu will do in Ukraine for example, how many he´ll score while he was a constant scorer in Romania. I also wonder how Bucur would do in Germany or how would Dica do in Italy or Spain. Until we see that we can´t really rate those players, unless they showed it in CL for example.
yeah... that's the problem I was refering to... look at Dinamos weird style this season... it all looks spontaneous and you rarely can make out a tactic... its boring for a tactician like me but it really is the truth that you can't make out any style when u watch some games

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that's what i mean :)

but its a devil's circle... why should fans want to pay to watch a game of 22 lazy turds who play as if it was a normal dayjob and not a game

·
Banned
8,880 Posts
Man in Romania I haven't seen ONE PLAYER spill their heart and give everything they got in a regular league match.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man in Romania I haven't seen ONE PLAYER spill their heart and give everything they got in a regular league match.
you didn't watch a Dinamo game yet? :confused:

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Look at the Dinamo-Craiova game last season and the 2nd half in Craiova-Poli Iasi game this season.

·
Banned
8,880 Posts

·
Banned
8,880 Posts
2 goals 2 games...Costea is the shit.

save that comment for when craiova as a club goes somewhere.

If they can make int. cup, then you can say he's the shit.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Costea is not alone responsible for Craiova's results... he's not their defender nor their DM etc.

·
Registered
395 Posts
When stadiums are empty, why should the players feel enthusiastic if nobody else is?
Since when is it a requirement that players need to have full stadiums of cheering fans? If the players would play with heart and desire, then the fans will come to the game. And when the stadiums will be full of cheering fans, then that would only be additional motivation on top of the the heart and desire that the players already put in the game. So it's an upward spiral that starts from the passion with which the players play.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
I know, but Romanian players are not as "professional" as to do it all the time. It can be seen clearly that they are up for games with a good atmosphere.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Right, Romanian players need to have a stronger "professional mentality". How many times have we lost, or ended up with ties when we were leading, because we let in goals in the last few minutes or in added time? I think Piturca is an ok coach, but we need a coach that prepares the players mentally.

One advantage that I think players abroad gain over domestic players, is that they gain a more "professional mentality" from the powerful clubs in europe. Unfortunately most Romanian clubs, do not have that type of mentality.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts