Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of our last 6 games in Serie A,ROMA has lost 5 and drawn just one.While this inevitably has taken us away from the CL spots,it also means that we are ever closer to the danger zone.While Lazyo have now overtaken us,we could find ourselves perilously being embrioled in a relegation battle.I know that most of us ROMA fans have written this season off,and hope the club is already planning and organising for next season,we have to back our team,especially the Conti Boys,and encourage them on to victory.There are teams like Parma and Fiorentina clinging onto their dear lives for survival,and to play these teams at the bottom in full knowledge that your survival is at risk,may not just pressurise our players and coach ,also our fans.We need a victory or two and fast,that way we can ALL sleep well.

Table

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
There is the symbolic limit of 40 points to steer clear of relegation. With the league now increased to 38 matches you'll probably need just a few more. Surely you're not really worried about relegation? :googly:

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
numerodix said:
There is the symbolic limit of 40 points to steer clear of relegation. With the league now increased to 38 matches you'll probably need just a few more. Surely you're not really worried about relegation? :googly:
Well...no? But it'd be too pompous and arrogant not to realize what our objective should be; staying up, making sure we stay up and not just assume we do (the latter is something I'm sure we could be capable of doing btw :wallbang: ), rather than daydreaming of Champions.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
In terms of points, we're not far from relegation, but there's plenty of teams between us and the relegation zone, so it takes a lot of strange results to make us one of the 3 or 4 worst clubs in Serie A this season.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Just out pf curiousity guys, do you like that Serie A is as even as it is in the bottom this year or do you think that it's annoying?

Personally I think it's a good sign that anyone can beat anyone like this season but I would be more happy if the table was divided into 4 clear parts, Top, Over-midtable, Under-midtable and bottom. Imagine if Roma( that fought for a CL spot some weeks ago) would be relegated together with Fiorentina, Lazio and Parma. Then I'll stop watching Serie A for sure :thmbdown:

I think however and hope for the sake of the league, that Atalanta, Livorno, Siena and Chievo will fall down. Messina or Brescia will do too.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Who else do you want to see relegated(Apart from Lazio then) if you want Serie A to stay competitive? :confused:

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Well if that's your critera--I don't think Messina has done anything at all to be "worthy" of going down. Quite the contrary, they've proven to be quite a nice addition to the league from where I'm sitting. And they are sitting on the same level as us, after their impressive vitory at home to Udinese, and I wouldn't bank against them surpassing us within a few weeks.

lazie apart, I think the teams who all finish in the bottom three deserves to go down, since they will then have collected the fewest numbe of points, and their elimination will inevitably prove the league to get stronger. That's the whole basis of a league staying competitive to me.

·
Registered
61,310 Posts
Matches remaining

Siena (H)
Sampdoria (A)
Brescia (H)
Parma (A)
Derby (H)
Atalanta (A)
Chievo (H)

All the away games are really tough IMO, unless Atalanta go down before week 37.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
We'll lose against Roma, we have an awful time against them. Last time we won comfortably was the 3-1. And that was a flattering, plus Roma had half the squad injured.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
ToniSamp said:
If a club get relegated it means that they are not competitive.
Beautiful.

Maybe this season you will decide to trim the squad of extra unnecessary fringe players like Cassano and Totti.

It will make the team better and help you focus on your real objective and your most important priority in the coming seasons- fiscal responsibility.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Your run-in has alot of sides below you, I think 3/4 more points will secure your place in next years league.

I wouldn't be nervous if I was a Roma fan.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
We should win 3 games out of the 7 if our players focus, starting from next week at home to Siena. A win here would be a boost if nothing else. I predict a win but Ive been doing that most of the season.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Amiumtaur said:
I wouldn't be nervous if I was a Roma fan.
Just imagine a backline consisting of quality defenders such as Panucci, Ferrari, Dellas and Abel Xavier in front of a top shelf keeper like Zotti. That along with the usual dose of bad luck with injuries/suspensions/referees and 5 coaches (give or take one or two) more or less sums up our season. Amiumtaur, you must have nerves steel.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts