Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think that the World Cup lacks anything at all?Like atmosphere that really brings out the tournament,the quality of players,quality of teams etc.I do feel something is missing from the greatest sporting event on earth.
 

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Joined
·
45,797 Posts
Schumy said:
Do you think that the World Cup lacks anything at all?Like atmosphere that really brings out the tournament,the quality of players,quality of teams etc.I do feel something is missing from the greatest sporting event on earth.

Is that just a gut feeling, or...? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,119 Posts
It's way too short and you have to wait 4 years for it, i think they should make it be every 2 years or better yet have more teams in it and let it be like a 3 month long tournament.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,897 Posts
I believe the finals and seimi's should have 2 legs but no away goal rule if it is still a draw in agg score than do reg xt than pks
 

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Joined
·
45,797 Posts
I think Australia's group should have an automatic qulaifier that is the biggest bunch of hogwash i ever heard in my fukin life
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,074 Posts
Beraht said:
I believe the finals and seimi's should have 2 legs but no away goal rule if it is still a draw in agg score than do reg xt than pks
What :eekani:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pulsar36 said:
Is that just a gut feeling, or...? :confused:
I honestly feel it does especially the last 2 WC's,It didn't have that usual feel about it I felt something was missing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,074 Posts
Schumy said:
I honestly feel it does especially the last 2 WC's,It didn't have that usual feel about it I felt something was missing.
What? Italy hasn't gona anywhere in the last 2?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69,687 Posts
For me its the atmosphere, half the fans at the stadium (especially in Japan/Korea) didn't even support one team that was playing on the pitch. The Croatia - Ecuador game for example...

other than that I love it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,903 Posts
I think that's what made Euro 2004 so emotional for every single team that was involved; the atmosphere. There were so many different fans supporting their teams it was just a great atmosphere, and watching all the results boil over was just fantastic, and that's one thing I think lacked at the World Cup, other then that, the last World Cup completely sucked being played out in the night because of the weather that occured during the day so I expect a better World Cup in Germany in that sense; with hopefully games being played in the day. There's no better atmosphere for a game than in sunset hours.

Another thing that the World Cup has lacked last year (98 wasn't TOO bad;albeit not anything compared to its predecessor in 94), was exciting football. There just weren't that many memorable goals or anything like that, and the final itself wasn't too thrilling either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,508 Posts
WC 98 had great thrilling games like England V Argentina, Holland V Argentina, Holland V Brazil etc. WC 2002 had .. erm... yeah....k
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,371 Posts
From an American stand point, WC 2002 was great.

But i would like to see it every 2 years. 4 years is just much too long to wait in between
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,897 Posts
O Glorioso said:
What :eekani:
this would help rule out the ''luck'' factor

it would be quite hard for korea to beat italy in 2 legs

get to see who really is the best team
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,805 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
I think Australia's group should have an automatic qulaifier that is the biggest bunch of hogwash i ever heard in my fukin life
Has anybody asked for 'automatic qulaifier' from our group idiot...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,805 Posts
W.Bremen_Yank said:
From an American stand point, WC 2002 was great.

But i would like to see it every 2 years. 4 years is just much too long to wait in between
Yanks and their goldfish attention spans :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,183 Posts
W.Bremen_Yank said:
From an American stand point, WC 2002 was great.

But i would like to see it every 2 years. 4 years is just much too long to wait in between

For anyone else outside Europe or South America i (like myself i sympathize). Us only gets serious every 4 years to long a wait. Unless of course your a big Gold cup fan.



If i could change one thing i would change the number of teams from each region. South America should get 5 automatic and the sixth team goes into a playoff.

N. America should get only 2 spots, other than USA and Mexico everybody else stinks. And it would make qualifying much more exciting as mexico and the US would actually have a tough time to qualify.

Asia should get 3 with a 4th playoff spot. And Australia should join Asia.

Africa gets 4.

Europe gets 16

Plus the host.
 
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Top