Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Seriously, I don't know!

We don't know if the reason for the victory was from the line-up or if it was from the motivation of the players.

However, we should give this line up another try :) (offcourse with Samuel)

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
No you adjust the players depening on the other team, cannot play that away at Valencia!

·
Registered
658 Posts
3ksnd said:
have we found a winning formula in 4-4-3 ? Figo seems finshed at Madrid.

was the goalkeeper included in that formation ?

i've heard of 4-4-2, but 4-4-3, :confused:

·
Registered
658 Posts

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
yes this formation should stay, to play counter attack over and over again is perfectly fine i dont see how it could not work, opponents will lose possesion from time to time and then we attack when they do, when they have the ball just let the attackers push back a little and be a bit defensive also on the positive side is with our attacking players we dont need that many chances to score

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
So we are gonna see something like..

Raul - Ronaldo - Owen

Zidane - Gravesen - Beckham

Carlos - Samuel - Helguera - Salgado

Casillas

..in the coming weeks?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I think we might have found the winning formula..

So, Raul's a midfielder now? :D

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
gazzamcg said:
was the goalkeeper included in that formation ?

i've heard of 4-4-2, but 4-4-3, :confused:
never heard of it? :eekani:

When playing Serie A matches, 4-4-3 is the typical Juventus formation :stuckup: ;)

but sometimes when the team needs more width Moggi throws in a couple of linesmen and opts for the classical 4-5-1-3 formation instead. :strong: :star: :D

in this system the referee performs a playmaker style role just behind the strikers. this positioning helps him to provide penalties or wave on offside forwards, allowing him to come up with assists for his teammates at any time. ;)

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Vagabondo said:
never heard of it? :eekani:

When playing Serie A matches, 4-4-3 is the typical Juventus formation :stuckup: ;)

but sometimes when the team needs more width Moggi throws in a couple of linesmen and opts for the classical 4-5-1-3 formation instead. :strong: :star: :D

in this system the referee performs a playmaker style role just behind the strikers. this positioning helps him to provide penalties or wave on offside forwards, allowing him to come up with assists for his teammates at any time. ;)
Classic :star:

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Barcawinner said:
So we are gonna see something like..

Raul - Ronaldo - Owen

Zidane - Gravesen - Beckham

Carlos - Samuel - Helguera - Salgado

Casillas

..in the coming weeks?
No, Raul will be a midfielder, if you have watched La Liga not so long ago you would know that Raul actaully played as a midfielders and yeah, he was top scorer too :rolleyes:

·
Registered
323 Posts
It plays to the players' strengths more than the previous systems. Previously the midfielders were stifling each other completely... today they didn't seem confused. They each had more space, they knew what zones they were responsible for, and so they were able to feed the forwards. The forwards, in turn, spread the defense more than usual so they each had more space too.

It won't work against some teams, the three forwards idea, but I'm always a big fan of not crowding the midfield.

However, the left defense was a gaping hole. Roberto Carlos's role needs to be better defined, for one. I think the defenders will be at least "good enough" once they sort out their positioning and priorities, but obviously they haven't done so yet.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Xue said:
So, Raul's a midfielder now? :D
He's not exactly scoring goals on a regular occasion so he might as well be of use some where else :thmbup:

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
naa i dont buy the system.. geez becks done well in one game and everyone goes crazy.. the commentator for the game dint even mentino who scored the goal, jus that becks assisted it... one good game and figo out?? naaa!! i dont see this lineup stickin.. seriously speakin, i hate to admit it but barca were better than us yesterday.. they were jus super unlucky. they missd like 100 chances. we took ours, so im not complainin.. and js that all 3 strikers scored has nothin to say.. raul was invisible all game, owen dint do too much either.. ronaldo was the boss!!! i've told u.. even if ronnie doesent score for the rest of the season.. hes still the best!! (im makin dagoods real happy!!! :D)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts