Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I'm looking for information about foreign footballers with Latvian roots and I'm really curious about Ragnar Klavan. His father's name was Dzintar which is a typical Latvian given name (only without the Latvian ending, -s). However I can't find any information confirming his relation to Latvia in the internet.

Can anyone help me with this? Maybe he has mentioned something in interviews or something has been said about his ancestry in books or magazines?

·
1st Tier Poster
49,572 Posts
yes his dad Dzintars Klavans was born in Latvia but represented Estonia too, getting 19 caps. They might be the only father-son pair to both represent the national team, if i remember correctly

his dad being Latvian has been mentioned many times in Estonian media

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys!

It's actually quite weird that you have only one father-son pair in the national team. We have quite a lot of them. :)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Most closest one are probably Ratnikov´s. Althrough as much as I`ve heard, Danil Ratnikov (one of the best playmakers in Premium liiga) has no intention to represent our NT.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,572 Posts
BTW regarding the father-son pairs I'm not sure how we managed to miss the fact that the current starting left back for Estonia, Ken Kallaste, is the son of Risto Kallaste, the inventor of the famous salto throw-in.

iwlkWG3L_yg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts