Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poland is playin the Faroe Islands and N. Ireland (weak teams), but this is good for trying players out. All i know furthermore, is that we're probably goin to play Romania, which is a very good team. And that's it?!?! Korea is playin in the Gold Cup as well as the US, and the US is playin teams like Germany and Holland, etc. Why aren't we playin any quality squads, other than Romania? I agree that too many friendlies can tire our squad, which will not benefit us in the WC at all, but we need to play another quality team before we go to Korea. At least one or two. I think that we should play Camaroon again, IMO.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
We will probably play also Japan on 27th March (still confirmation needed) and Estonia on 18th May.

Romania and Japan are quite strong teams - let's hope that'll be enough...

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yes, i forgot about Japan, but i still think that that isn't enough. we still need one more good oponent. Too bad that Brasil match is out of the picture.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I actually think that these are adequate opponents. Sometimes its not how many, but who. Romania is very much like Portugal in their style, and Japan is a better version of S.Korea. Engel picked the teams that will play most like our opponents in the first round. Its senseless to play another style if it may cause injury and not do much in the sense of tactical preperation.

There is a point to this madness.;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well, in May, we are participating in the LG Cup in Russia. Seems like a good warm-up for the WC. Teams involved are Poland, Russia, Yugoslavia, and either Argentina or Paraguay (hasn't been decided yet). All good teams. I'll try to find the link on the tournament.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
You sure? I thought we opted out of that tournament?

I personally hope we don't participate. If we do bad, our confidence is down, plus it seems like hajto or Kaluzny get injured every second game lately.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
the game againts the faroes will only include players from poland and the game aginst n. ireland should also be some sort of experimental match.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Game against Japan has just been confirmed :) It'll take place in Lodz.

We won't participate in LG Cup in Russia.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the LG Cup in Russia was too close the the WC and we don't want to tire or have anyone injured going to Korea, we don't have the best subs in the world.

M

·
0 Posts
The way the spanish play is different to ours. But the are a very challenging team and and would give you good preparation all the same.

Spain tend to struggle at world cups even though they excell at the qualifiers. Portugal on the other hand struggle to get there but do well at the tournament.

·
Registered
375 Posts
huhuh japan are playing poland in Lodz.
with the avid of blood lks fans they'll be lucky if the japanese are still alive to return home!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts