Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after the big loose(zizou) , juvi prove this season that they need a playmaker, so what is ur opinion about this problem in juventus...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
I think we need one. We need someone with technique, flair, skill, creativity, vision in attacking midfield. While nedved is coping well there, he doesn't really have the right attributes to play there permanently. he is a left winger, and I'm sure he can play well there again.

That leaves space for Riquelme/Aimar/D'Alessandro/Doni
(from left to right is my preference)

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Well, it wouldn't do us any harm if we sign a playmaker. I think it would be helpful for our team. I really can't say who is the best candidate cause I have seen neither Riquelme nor D`Alessandro recently.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
we need d'allesandro and brighi, and we need the 3-4-1-2 formation. then we would have a great team

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Paolo_Montero said:
3-4-1-2? not that again....:D
:D

i thought you in a weak moment surrendered and joined the 3-4-1-2 crowd. didn't you?
you're not still going on about the 4-4-2, or even worse the 4-3-3?

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
tarmpropp said:

:D

i thought you in a weak moment surrendered and joined the 3-4-1-2 crowd. didn't you?
to shut you up, yes. :D

to clarify things. i don't like the 4-3-3, I never have, aprticularly, I just said it was best for our team because Salas should start.

The best formation by far (apart from 4-2-3-1 ---> but that would be useless to us) is the 4-4-2 diamond. Look at this possible team and you cannot possibly say it sucks!

----------------------------------Gigi--------------------------------

Thuram-----------Tudor-----------------Montero----------Coco

--------------------------------Davids------------------------------

Zambrotta------------------------------------------------Nedved

------------------------------Riquelme------------------------------

-------------------Trezegol------------------DP---------------------

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
The most important thing is that Lippi decides on a formation and Moggi actually buys for that formation.

Lippi this season decided on 4-4-2, and we didn't buy the players for it. Well- we sort of did, but we bought no backups for several key positons, and as Nedved failed on the left wing we had to change.

For next year- it seems we're buying with a 3 man defence in mind, so it can be either 3-4-1-2, 3-5-2, 3-4-2-1 or 3-4-3.

Too many question marks for me know.

Ciao.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
glenn mentioned that lippi should say what formation he wants for next season and then moggi should buy. thats the best idea i have heard.

thuram wants to play in the middle so if play with 3 centre backs, his wish is granted. we have montero, tudor, iuliano and ferrara not to mention fresi now who can play those roles.

so in a 3-4-1-2 formation:D , we need a left winger who takes the whole wing like Coco or Chivu, more Coco.

we have nedved, who would play in the middle of the midfield, next to say davids if he is still a juve player.

zambro on the right.

that means we DO need a playmaker. Riquelme, d'allessandro, would be good.

i think that a player like Nakata would be great, as he has had experience in serie a and isnt having the greatest of times at parma. but his cost would be very high one would think.

my favourite would be rosicky from Borussia dort. he has it all and he is only young.

in a 3-4-1-2 formation:

-------------------------buffon----------------
-------thuram--------montero-------tudor--------

zambro----------davids----------nedved-------------coco

--------------------------rosiscky-----------------------

------trezeguet----------------------del piero

seconds:

----------------------chimenti----------------

---------ferrara------------fresi---------iuliano

ze maria----------brighi--------baiocco-----------zenoni

-----------------------------Maresca------------

--------------mutu-------------------------salas

we have good backups and the first team looks a lot more competeive than the current team and we have better subs to back them up.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Paolo_Montero said:

----------------------------------Gigi--------------------------------

Thuram-----------Tudor-----------------Montero----------Coco

--------------------------------Davids------------------------------

Zambrotta------------------------------------------------Nedved

------------------------------Riquelme------------------------------

-------------------Trezegol------------------DP---------------------
You should put Nedved as a playmaker rather than Riquelme.

We need a striker, who got the instinct to score, cause we're lack in front.. I don't think DP and DT is my future striker..

So, for now, we do not a play maker, cause DP easily can fill the position.. :D :D

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think that requelme is for barca....

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Do you really need a playmaker when you already have so many options?? Eg DP, Nedved??

I think a striker is what you need next season (although you may have already bought 1, i dont really know the ins and outs)

remember the CL when u had Ravinelli and Vialii that year u won. now thats a partnership...

Why cant you play 3-5-2? who opposes that??

Thuram, Tudor and Montero in the middle.
Coco wide left, Zambrotta Wide right, Nedved and DAvids in the middle. possibly DP as a playmaker then trezeguet and whoever you can buy??

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
We still need play maker if we want to play 3-4-1-2, but I think, it's more important that we need striker, a ****ing great one.:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
ToniSamp: I see you state Turin as your location, so you probably already know that Alex is more than a normal player to most Juve fans. So- ease off the "jokes" please. They're as funny as a bladder infection ;).
The fact that many people seems to blame him that Baggio isn't going to Japan shouldn't cloud any judgements on Del Piero's season with JUVE.
He has been great. One of two creative players in the team. He is indispensable.

That said- I agree on the Zizou part. BUt it's difficult to buy Nedved, Thuram, Buffon and Salas without selling anyone. Unfortunately we sold the best player in the world.....

Ciao.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
ToniSamp: I don't know you, and I did not intend to start off the wrong foot.
However... Alex is still the person who'se jersey is the most sold IN Italy and the one receiving the most fan mail IN Italy. This goes to popularity only of course and is no statement on his qualities.

However- as far as him being an "ordinary" good player goes; yes- if you say that Zidane, Vieri, Totti etc. makes bigger contributions on a regular basis I will agree with you. But when Del Piero doesn't play for Juve he is sorely missed. Thus he IS in fact a severely important player with Juve. There really aren't that many really great players if Del Piero is ordinary you know.

Raul, like Alex for Italy, has scored quite a few "meaningless" goals in qualifiers and friendlies for Spain and has never produced at the big tournaments. Does this mean he is just an ordinay good player ? No- he proves with Real that he's not. Did Paolo Rossi prove to be a fantastic player with Italy in 92'. No- he aced a tournament and was Pippo for the rest of his carrier (still- that's a very a good player of course). Milosevic with Yugoslavia in EURO2000 ? The list goes on and on and on.

On these forums, I ws very critical of Del Piero last season and the season before, because he simply did not produce enough to keep other players off the lineup. This season he definately has, and Juve owes it's position to him and Trez forming the most dangerous partnership in serie A. It's not about "loving Del Piero" for me, as he is an asset for me as long as he is good with Juve. Maybe one must NOT be Italian to appreciate this instead of thinking in ways of the NT.

So- save your contempt for someone making assumptions on Italian players from abroad thank you.

Ciao.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
ToniSamp: First; I did nothing like attacking your person. I jestingly said your quips on DP was as funny as a bladder infection followed by the ;) one makes here when jesting.

Second; read again- I did not compare DP and Rossi, but Rossi and Pippo, because they're both poachers, and you can take Pippo's Piacenza season for correspondence to Rossi's pre-big team carrier. I did not mean to diminish what Rossi did in Spain only to say that you cannot only measure a players qualities by what he does at the NT level.

Third: Of course he played a bad game, and I suppose you refer to the game in which he hurled the Captains armband to the ground when subbed, which obviously contributed to the whistling. Juve fans whistle their players when they do bad. Tacchinardi was voted player of the season by the Fighters last season, and he has been largely booed this season. There are hardly any holy cows there. Don't see why a bad game means he's not a fundamental player for us. Zizou was booed more than once too.

Ciao.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Yeah right... let's end it.
However, you are pretty new on the boards by looking at your post count and sign up date, and my initial post on DP was ment to tell you that he is extremely popular among Juve fans on these boards (and Internationally as such). No doubt you're able to communicate your opinions without dragging a forum favourite through the moud. At least- you should be if you cared to read the rules when signing up. I greatly appreciate haiving Italians here, and no less people from Turin because it's a source of information we'd otherwise not come by. But we all have to get along as well. At least- that's the way I prefer this forum, and I think it goes for most of the others too.

Clearly- I do not attempt to say I know the sentiments of the people of Turin like someone who lives there. I wouldn't even be able to understand half of what the baker said. I can only read Italian and not speak it.

When I (me, personally) comment on DP at Juve, it is my opinion that he is fundamantal to the team working well, and I think the games show so as well. He can be sold and we can get someone who is possibly better, but selling him would be absurd when the team would prosper so much more from selling someone who is not, currently, fundamental. Why sell DP to get Crespo if you can sell Tacchinardi to get a great central midfielder ?
One of the main reasons Italian teams aren't doing that well in Europe is that they don't have many players who can make a difference offensively. In Juventus there are two creators and one finisher, and that's it. The rest are workers. Thus- I argue that the creators are very important to the team, and selling the teams MVP's is a stupid way to go. Agree with the baker and the next Joe in Turin's streets but that is my opinion.

Ciao.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Sad. Even when we "speak" a global language that isn't our own we don't understand eachother.

The Crespo example was just hypothetical. I see you proposed Henry who would be just as expensive. Buying Doni would propably be less expensive than a DP-Henry operation to begin with, and then we would have an excellent playmaker like we agree Juve needs, without changing a striking partnership that has so far scored almost 50 goals this season.

With regards to dragging someone through the mud- I mentioned that because the first time I ever saw you comment on this forum was today where you claimed DP's position should be on the bench, and in this topic you say that Juve had great players for all positions this year bar Del Piero. If Pesotto is a great left back, if Zambrotta is a great right wing and Tacchinardi/Conte whoever partners Davids... are great players in their positions- then DP is surely up there too.

I never once commented on whether Del Piero should be playing in the NT. I think he should be in the squad, but that Vieri/Montella should start. I just cannot see why that influences the discussion on Juve. If Denmark don't win the WC (which of course they won't) I don't care if Italy or France wins it if it's one of those. However- I would prefer Juve winning the CL to Denmark winning another European Championship. I hope you see that for me, and many other international Juve fans- Juve getting the results is much more important than Italy getting them.

As far as the Torino/Italy/World thing goes... Yes- from your perspective. I cannot participate in following Juve at Delle Alpi, but I don't have to be less of a Juve fan for it. If you want to make this distinction- then Xtratime is a somehat strange venue for you to choose I think, as it's International fans sharing their appreciatoin for teams they don't have a possibility of following in the stadia.

And lastly: I didn't say I could get along without you opinion- I sad that I greatly enjoy it, as it's a perspective from the city hosting our team, but that it would still be nice if you showed the same courtecy with respect to the forum rules as everyone else is asked to abide to. That's all.

Anyway- this has been a big drawn out thing caused by a petty detail. I'm off it. Have a nice weekend, and let's see if we can't hit it off better next time.

Ciao.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts