Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember playing college soccer in the US. A goal assist is worth half the goal itself. So, a striker who never scored the whole season and makes 20 goal assists has more points for goals, and is seen as a better striker than a striker who scores 8 or 9 goals with no assists.

Should this be a good criteria for judging strikers?

·
Registered
5 Posts
A good criteria for a striker would be speed such as speed like freddy adu who doesnt score many goals but is a good passer i am a strker myself i have speed and score alot but im a horrible passer so ........

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Pure strikers like Trez, Rvn and so are just palying to Score ;)

Pure Strikers = Goals.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I think it depends of what type of striker you are, like Il Capitano is saying. There are several types while their overall general mission is still the same, to score as many goals as possible. Although when I think of striker I usually imagine an all out scorer but there's also a forward who's more of a mix between a striker and a playmaker, these guys tend to go back into midfield more to help out and bring the ball forward. So if you are a striker and just score more then assist then I'd say you're just doing your job but if you assist as well it just adds to your importance to the team, makes you more valuable, more versatile.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
if someone like Owen doesn't score there is no reason for him being there, whereas when Henry didn't score for 9 games last year Wenger said he would still play him if he never scored as his team contribution is worth his place alone. ;)

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
if Players like Onree, Cassano and DP don't score, it's normal,, they are 2nd type strikers, a mix of goals and assists.

·
Registered
877 Posts
i dont think Strikers should be judged only on goals. im a striker and i played in 2 teams this year..my school team and my u-19 team. i was the top scorer in the school district but for my u-19 team i've only had about 4 goals in 10 games but i have close to 10 assist. does that make me a bad striker?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts