·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
unreal man:howler:

incredible perfect balance offense and defence

maicon aleady same class with cafu ihmo

it's not mean career..pure ability level

to be honest he is one of best player ever in their position history like messi, buffon

some distance with rivals like d.alves or s.ramos

look this:strong:

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
What I like most about Maicon is that he really commands the entire flank, both in attack and defense. People tend to overlook his defensive game which is incredible compared to when he first joined Inter.

Most balanced right back in the world.

·
4,108 Posts
^ You've really become a bad troll my friend.

No wit, no subtlety.

You need to take lessons from Dagoods :happy:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
He has to prove himself with sustain his level more years to be legend. He just reached hi sprime in recent years.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
If he ever learns to cross, he'd be quite good.

·
4,108 Posts
Both great players.

Alves is a better in attack, awesome player, but he'd be a winger in many teams, not a right back. Maicon is no slouch going forward either, and is the better all-round right back without a doubt.

One of the biggest things main things Maicon has going for him is his physique. He's tall, strong and can run all day, win headers, etc, rarely gets out-muscled which really helps in today's physical game.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Both great players.

Alves is a better in attack, awesome player, but he'd be a winger in Italy, not a right back. Maicon is no slouch going forward either, and is the better right back without a doubt.

One of the biggest things main things Maicon has going for him is his physique. He's tall, strong and can run all day, win headers, etc, and never gets out-muscled or out-worked.
Both are great, no doubt. But Daniel Alves defense is not some bad as some people think. They should start together for Brasil.

Barça and Inter fans should be glad they have those 2. To say things like this about Maicon: "If he ever learns to cross, he'd be quite good. " or this about Daniel: "Any grandma can look good playing alongside Xavi and Iniesta" just look stupid.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Alves is a better in attack, awesome player, but he'd be a winger in many teams, not a right back. Maicon is no slouch going forward either, and is the better all-round right back without a doubt.
Alves is good at defending too. He's very aggressive in his defending and wins the ball often. He is not weak at defending, he is attacking a lot yes, but that does not mean he's a poor defender(that's just stereotype), he's doing plenty in that department for Barcelona, so much better than Zambrotta was offensively and defensively.

For me, Alves is the better player. And you must be on crack if you think he wouldn't start as a RB in most teams

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Maicon is indeed te bestin the world at his position, but he hastn achieved what Cafu has ... and I dont think anyone will anytime soon.
Whats interesting is that in the 2003 copa america he played rb and I HATED him! he sucked bad! glad to see he's developed! and he is indeed is the best at his position.

·
4,108 Posts
And you must be on crack if you think he wouldn't start as a RB in most teams
He'd be a winger in Italy, and many other teams without a doubt. Doesn't mean he can't defend, just how it is.

And, whats with the insults buddy? Grow up. :rollani:

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
"If he ever learns to cross, he'd be quite good. "
That was a half-joke, Einstein. He's an excellent full-back, but it's patently obvious that he is not very gifted at crossing the ball.

No need to go into a fetal position.

·
4,108 Posts
Both are great, no doubt. But Daniel Alves defense is not some bad as some people think. They should start together for Brasil.
Of course Alves can defend, and I agree, they should start together for Brazil with Maicon at right back and Alves on the wing.

Anyway, Maicon is still the better defender, nothing against Alves, just the way it is. As I pointed out above, a lot of its because if his physical stature, he wins a lot of balls in the air and out-muscles players.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
He'd be a winger in Italy, and many other teams without a doubt. Doesn't mean he can't defend, just how it is.

And, whats with the insults buddy? Grow up. :rollani:
You are right about one thing. I should be kinder to the ignorant, and educate them instead. My apologies :kiss:

Alves on right wing is wasted though, although he is surely competent there.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts