Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he just netted a hat trick today and he seems like a very exciting prospect for the near future..i'm surprised van basten didn't call him yet but i think based on his performances he merits a place in the squad this summer what do you guys think??

also i heard kalou will be given dutch citizenship if he passes the citizenship exam so his inclusion in the squad this summer seems like a real possibility now

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
In my opinion yes, despite he plays for Ajax I'm a fan of the player Huntelaar... since his arrival at Ajax, Ajax played versus the bottom six teams, so it's not so special he's on fire, but beside that, versus Internazionale he played good as well, and also at Heerenveen he was great and I think he should be called already back then.

DAR said:
also i heard kalou will be given dutch citizenship if he passes the citizenship exam so his inclusion in the squad this summer seems like a real possibility now
If he passes his exam, probably all the formalities will be finished too late, so there's not a huge chance.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
It's clear that he's not just an ordinary player.
He's destined to be the next word-class striker from Holland.

And he's just 22 years old... the guy has a big future ahead of him.

Of course he must join the national team... he's ready for the big thing.

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
delpi_vanni_10 said:
I would give him a call-up for one of the next friendlies. But I do not think that he will join the squad for the WC.
too late :pp the WC squad will already have been picked before our next friendly :(
Dutch Lion said:
Of course he must join the national team... he's ready for the big thing.
He's ready but I don't think he'll make it in the end. Will also depend on other things like van Bastens choices for the right wing.

Robben--RVN--Kuijt

v Persie--Huntelaar/Vennegoor-Meerdink/Castelen

RVN probably still will be 1st choice striker. Kuijt pretty much will be 2nd choice if RVN is injured or suspended so that'll leave Huntelaar to be 3rd choice and usually the 3rd choice striker is some kind of stormram and for that Vennegoor's more suited IMO. van Persie if needed can also play up front too.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
I'd dump Van Horceface and the rest of them and call Huntelaar as backup for Kuijt. Without being biased. ;)

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
KrLe said:
I'd dump Van Horceface and the rest of them and call Huntelaar as backup for Kuijt. Without being biased. ;)
Ruud is your best striker, you guys really don't deserve him. :rollani:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
I dont mind if KJ ain't included. I rather have a fully fit Huntelaar next season for Ajax and we already have a good set of strikers available in Oranje, who probably won't be dropped.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i didn't really expect him to be quite the revelation really..let's face it ajax never really recovered from selling mido and ibrahimovic and they bought some real flop forwards since then but this kid is really the real deal..

however i don't know if he'll be able to push off nistelrooy or kuyt off their positions in the NT in time...definitely deserves to feature in the euro 2008 qualifiers if he maintains his form

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Of course he should be called up, together with Kuijt and Ruud. Maybe Vennegoor as well, but please no Van Hooijdonk and I am still against Kalou for obvious reasons. Makaay is great but will never succeed in Oranje, so let's leave him in Bavaria. :)

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Sure he deserves to be in Oranje, i didn't deny that. But should he be 1st choice? Or would you rather see Kuijt at 9?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts