Xtratime Community banner

Does he mean you, Ze?

177 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Ze da Fiel 
#1 ·
Roque Junior sick of the brickbats

Tuesday 21st May 2002

Brazil defender Roque Junior announced on Tuesday that he is fed up of being singled out for criticism.

"It seems I'm guilty of every mistake we make," he said in Kuala Lumpur, where Brazil are training before the World Cup. "I can take some criticism but I don't know what to do anymore.

"Surely these journalists should be more intelligent and know when the time is right to carp."

The Brazilian press have been campaigning for the full-back to be replaced in Luiz Felipe Scolari's starting XI by Lyon's Edmilson.

Junior is currently Scolari's first-choice in a back three with Anderson Polga and Lucio.

He made 18 appearances for AC Milan last season and is being lined up as a make-weight in a move which could see Fabio Cannavaro sign from Parma.

See less See more
#3 ·
I've called him Roque Loser and allot of bashing has been done to us but give the guy a break, sure I'd like Juan instead of him but let's just go ahead and forget it for christ sake. He's a Selecao player and should be respected.

Avante Roque! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.