Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I'm not talking about Maxi Lopez.

I thought he was good but I was wrong. Eto'o is actually phenomenal.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Politician said:
And I'm not talking about Maxi Lopez.

I thought he was good but I was wrong. Eto'o is actually phenomenal.
I was one of the people that wanted to get him to Barcelona from the begining, I loved the guy before, not just because he is a great player, but because of his determination. I always compared him to Henry, fast, skillful, and pure class.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
I wouldn't say he's the best in the World, but one of the best. He's certainly better than I thought he was. I knew was good, but I didn't know he was this good.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Hes got to be in the top 5, all he needed was a club that was gonna feed him every ball possible to get on the end of, he is a joy to watch and hates madrid, wot more could u ask from a striker

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Is Samuel Eto'o the best striker in the world? No.

Does Samuel Eto'o have the potential to be the best striker in the world. Yes.

I still think his finishing could improve, but apart from that he's the complete package. If he continues to work hard in training and concentrate on football, then everything he's doing now will just be a taster of what he is capable of. Remember - he is only 23 years old! :eek: It seems like he has been playing for ages!

Politician: Is it OK if I edit the spelling error in the thread title? It's Barcelona, not Barçelona :)

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I don't know, but probably one of the best and it's enough for me. Samuel Eto'o is achieving similar records to the ones of Romário and Ronaldo when they were in Barcelona... with a big difference, he also plays for the team and he doesn't have that stupid ego of the 2 Brazilians.

Besides, he has a particular meaning for us, he did everything in his hands to come and he's thankful to the club for our effort to sign him. Maybe he's not the best, but I would not change him for anyone.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Koeman4 said:
I don't know, but probably one of the best and it's enough for me. Samuel Eto'o is achieving similar records to the ones of Romário and Ronaldo when they were in Barcelona... with a big difference, he also plays for the team and he doesn't have that stupid ego of the 2 Brazilians.

Besides, he has a particular meaning for us, he did everything in his hands to come and he's thankful to the club for our effort to sign him. Maybe he's not the best, but I would not change him for anyone.
:thumbsup:

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Koeman4 said:

:thumbsup:

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Etoo certainly is one of the best strikers in the world. His finishing is somewhat inconsistent and lacks the heading skills of someone like RvN, but he makes up for those disadvantages in his speed, determination, versatility and technique. Whatever the case, I think he's the perfect striker for our style and our team.

·
Registered
841 Posts
The best striker in Spain? Yes.

The best in Europe? Not yet.

But he could be, he needs more clinical finishing. What frustrates me is he can miss straight forward "No. 9" chances then dribble past 2 players and score a spectacular goal :p

But he definitely surprised, before he came I thought he was pretty good but not Pichichi material, but look where he is now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts