Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been watching arsenal since wenger became their coach ,and yes he has won the league ,but with the players he has had,henry,pires,viera,cole ,campbell,ljundberg etc i feel he has underachieved in europe .teams without big name players and the money arsenal have,,consistantly get results against the gunners.and we always here the same excuse from wenger,that they played negative football.the truth is opposition coaches get the better of him tactically. for arsenal to win the champions league they need a new coach.if mourinho was the arsenal coach they would have won a champions league by now.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Chelsea can keep Mourinho. He's an arrogant twat. I think that this season and the season before we have been unfortunate in Europe. We played one bad half against Chelsea last season, and consequently got knocked out. As for this season, I think we are a stronger team than Munich, but injuries and a couple of individual errors went against us.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
you can stick the Mourinho football up your arse, we play proper football with fun involved and the only reason we have got them great players is becaus eof Wenger. :)

Mourinho's best signings are defenders, Wenger's are attackers, it says a lot to me.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
That's what many non-Gooners don't get about AFC.

Arsenal are not a stupid club like Leeds or a flavor of the month like Chelsea. We're not thinking only about the next three, four or five seasons but rather the next three, four or five decades ahead. Any Gooner can tell you Arsene Wenger is more concerned with Arsenal's status after he's long gone than he is with mortgaging the club for his own perstige and vanity.

Another thing only one English club has won the CL in the last twenty years, yet hardly anyone brings up the failings of other English sides.

Btw what teams with less resources than Arsenal won the cl in the last decade?

Madrid?
AC Milan?
Juve?
Bayern Munich?
Dortmund?
Man Utd?
Ajax?

Even FC Porto has spent more than Arsenal over the last three seasons.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Arsene Wenger has a job at Arsenal as long as HE wants one. Hill-Wood, Dein and co. will NEVER sack him. Everything we have now is because of Arsene Wenger: London Colney was his idea, Ashburton Grove's construction was led by him, all the current squad are his players ... we will never sack the great man.

There's a good chance one of the stands at AG will be named after him.

Cihan007x said:
I would like to see him replace Ferguson at United...
Are you insane by any chance? AW hates Man United with a passion.

·
Second Place Winner February Photo Contest
2,631 Posts
Tunis4life said:
Arsenal are not a stupid club like Leeds or a flavor of the month like Chelsea.
Flavor of the month seem like they will be dominating English football for years to come..

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Arsenal DOESN'T need new coach.

Any suggestion related with the idea of replacing Arsène Wenger is an insult to Arsenal fans.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Haha, Getting rid of Wenger is not even a option. Arsenal wouldn't be able to get anyone better IMO. You should be grateful to have such a manager as he suits Arsenal more than Mourinho IMO.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Yes. Before it gets any worse. Otmar Hitzfield. Otherwise Mourinho will make a complete mockery of the EPL. And as much as I don't give a shit to see the EPl rot away in hell like it already does, I don't like Chelsea and so am pleading to get rid of two tactically incompletent coaches in Wenger and Ferguson.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
khimik said:
Arsene Wenger has a job at Arsenal as long as HE wants one. Hill-Wood, Dein and co. will NEVER sack him. Everything we have now is because of Arsene Wenger: London Colney was his idea, Ashburton Grove's construction was led by him, all the current squad are his players ... we will never sack the great man.

There's a good chance one of the stands at AG will be named after him.

Are you insane by any chance? AW hates Man United with a passion.
Can you explain what London Colney is?

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Can you explain what London Colney is?
Our world class training facility. It's so good managers from other nations, Rafa Benitez and Felix Magath for example, come to it to study how to use the right facilities, diet techniques and so on.

England train there for home matches.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
khimik said:
Our world class training facility. It's so good managers from other nations, Rafa Benitez and Felix Magath for example, come to it to study how to use the right facilities, diet techniques and so on.

England train there for home matches.
I'm not getting into another argument with you lot over Wenger's merits, but this London Colney can't be quite as good as Milanello/Milan Lab.

if Milan can remain competitive domestically and in Europe with a team of players whose careers typically have been longer than the average Arsenal players life, then they must be doing something fairly remarkable ;)

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
AW made HENRY, VIEIRA, LJUNJBERG, COLE all the big names he made them, they were nothing and now look at them.
AW should never leave.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Vagabondo said:
I'm not getting into another argument with you lot over Wenger's merits, but this London Colney can't be quite as good as Milanello/Milan Lab.
Does it really matter that much whether it is or it isn't? Nope.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
khimik said:
Does it really matter that much whether it is or it isn't? Nope.
well if Milan Lab can keep their back line of Costacurta (39), Nesta (29), Maldini (37), Stam (33), Pancaro (34), Cafu (35) etc on their feet more often than so many of you're strapping young defenders can limp into the stands, then i'd say there's no debate either, not just no relevance.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Vagabondo said:
well if Milan Lab can keep their back line of Costacurta (39), Nesta (29), Maldini (37), Stam (33), Pancaro (34), Cafu (35) etc on their feet more often than so many of you're strapping young defenders can limp into the stands, then i'd say there's no debate either, not just no relevance.
It really, really, really does not matter all that much. It just seems like you're grasping at straws to boast about an Italian club. I, for one, don't really care all that much.

I'm sure we'll survive with London Colney.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
khimik said:
It really, really, really does not matter all that much. It just seems like you're grasping at straws to boast about an Italian club. I, for one, don't really care all that much.

I'm sure we'll survive with London Colney.
come on khimik, why are Englishmen so sensitive when anyone mentions something Italian. is there a soft spot for Italy hidden behind the stiff British facade ;) you did care enough to make a point though. you were saying that Benitez and Magath were over there admiring your unrivalled facilities, and i just suggested that they could have visited Milan instead.

maybe they like the rainy weather that London can notoriously offer, or maybe two of your big rivals (from Liverpool and Bayern) wanted to watch your training sessions in person and Wenger was too slow on the uptake to notice, i guess we'll never know, but Bayern sure did a number on you in the CL.

btw, did you know that Chelsea enlisted the aid of experts from Milan lab too assist Robben in making a speedy recovery? they should have sent him across London, and saved on the air fare. maybe Mourinho didn't need a spy at your sessions though, he's too cocky and besides he knows he's already got you lot covered this season.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Vagabondo said:
come on khimik, why are Englishmen so sensitive when anyone mentions something Italian.
Probably because they think they're the experts on everything.

you were saying that Benitez and Magath were over there admiring your unrivalled facilities, and i just suggested that they could have visited Milan instead.
Maybe they weren't invited to Milan's? They were nobodies then, just starting out as managers. It really does not matter all that much.

maybe they like the rainy weather that London can notoriously offer, or maybe two of your big rivals (from Liverpool and Bayern) wanted to watch your training sessions in person and Wenger was too slow on the uptake to notice, i guess we'll never know, but Bayern sure did a number on you in the CL.
Benitez visited London Colney before he took over at Valencia, and Magath visited in 1999. London Colney is set up so that nobody has access to the training pitches unless they are invited to. There is over a dozen training pitches, but the one used mostly is hidden away from the others and protected by trees around it.

They were invited to study the training methods that Wenger uses, not snuck in or anything. It's impossible to sneak into the place.

btw, did you know that Chelsea enlisted the aid of experts from Milan lab too assist Robben in making a speedy recovery? they should have sent him across London, and saved on the air fare. maybe Mourinho didn't need a spy at your sessions though, he's too cocky and besides he knows he's already got you lot covered this season.
Why would we help Chelsea in the first place? And he hasn't got us 'covered' either, they were lucky to even get a point in December.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts