Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were there two great forwards on the team ahead of him or did he just not settle in to the Serie A style of play?

·
Registered
461 Posts
as far as i remember he was given a pretty fair opportunity...however...when u are a forward and u get ZERO goals...its hard to keep them in the starting line up

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Well... He wasn´t given a fair chance!
He was used a a left Winger or in Zidane´s place! And he actually scored, but he played bad, and wasn´t a regular starter.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
he played on the left wing for a half season and managed to play very poorly throughtout those games.

wenger changed him into a forward and thats when he became a better player.

juve had every right to sell him. plus we made profit off him.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i think he doesn't have the quality for serie a and never.
selling him is one of the best things that moggi did.
he scored 2 goals in the match vs lazio which later was proved it did much to milan's title.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't think he was given a fair chance. First of all he was used as wingback and not a winger in many games, having many defencive duties. And he actually played rather well in some matches. I remember a match against Roma where he made Cafu look like a Serie C player! But the time just wasen't right i guess, but I still beleive it was a mistake selling him. And Juve didn't make that great an earning on him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts