Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think so and i hope so coz i hate both manchestre and liverpool BADDDDDDDD!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
What a silly question to ask in the ARSENAL forum.:D
Of course we think we can win the league, we are top with a game in hand and we look unstoppable at the moment, but there still is a little feeling of doubt, if we win our next 3 home games I think then it will start sinking in and we will all strongly believe we can with the Title. But at the moment we're not getting too carried away, I will not start celebrating until Tony Adams lifts the trophy!!:cool:

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Personally, I don't want to bluff that Arsenal will win the Premiership for sure, because there're still 5-6 match left in our way. Right now, we're leading in the top table, but never underestimate the rest of the game. If we can win all of the game and at least hold MU in a draw game, we can win.

As an Arsenal fan, I'd say that I still can't be confident enough to say "we will win the title". But, I have very high hope that Arsenal win this season. I really want to see Bergkamp lift the honor for his second time....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i asked yous this qustion coz pires is injuerd and his like the main man. and with out him its a bit hard. but if bergkamp play full matches watch arsenal will win it hopfully.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Well, Pires without any doubt is the main playmaker of Arsenal. Losing him is quite a blow for Arsenal. But, I think it won't affect the performance to much. Arsenal have many good players in midfield position like Edu who played very well in some of last matches. We still have Ljungberg and Ray Parlour.

Judging to the remaining matches, this matter shouldn't be a big problem at all. The only match we should concentrate and full-prepared is Manchester Utd. match in Old Trafford, because it's the key point of our winning. But, I think at that time most of our vital players are already 100% fit from injury like Giovanni Van Bronckhorst and Ashley Cole.

For playmaker role, I think now Dennis Bergkamp should take extra work for it because usually he cooperates with Pires.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:
But, I think at that time most of our vital players are already 100% fit from injury like Giovanni Van Bronckhorst and Ashley Cole.
Gio is actuallt out until Christmas with his injury, however there is good news about Ashley Cole's Injury;

Arsenal received a boost for their double challenge yesterday when it was revealed that Ashley Cole's knee injury is not as bad as first feared.

The left-back underwent a scan and the results showed there is no damage to his medial knee ligaments, meaning it is therefore not considered to be a recurrence of his previous injury. Although Cole will miss this weekend's game against Tottenham, the club revealed his injury is judged to be "short-term" and he should be fit for the rest of their league and FA Cup run-in, as well as England's World Cup campaign.

Cole was substituted after just 28 minutes of Arsenal's 3-0 victory at Charlton on Monday, which took the Gunners to the top of the table with a game in hand on their two main rivals, Liverpool and Manchester United.

There is still one potential cloud on the horizon for the Gunners. Patrick Vieira picked up his ninth yellow card of the season against Charlton, putting him one more caution away from a two-game ban.

The Football Association grants an effective amnesty after 14 April but Vieira must escape a booking in the two games before then to prevent any automatic suspension coming into effect two weeks later.

So ashley will be back very soon and if Vieira goes the next two matches without a booking then we will have him for the rest of the season as well.

There has also been some very significant news from the Deportivo Vs Man U game. Man U won 2-0, however Roy Keane injured his hamstring, and is out for at least a month and at the end of the match Tristan did a horrible tackle on Beckham, and Beckham was carried off and substituted straight away, it looked really bad and that could see Beckham out for a long time.

So Man U now have Veron, Keane and Beckham all injured, and Scholes is suspended for the next European game.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
GVB isnt 100% fit from injury
its 9 months his out for
:eek:

well until christmas anyway

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Arsenal faces United at Old Trafford on May 5th or 8th.By that time the season could well be decided if Arsenal wins all their remaining games till then.We will probably be without Roy Keane for that tie and that's bound to hurt.However the team most likely to benefit from that result is Liverpool.

If Arsenal do win the game in hand then they can actually afford to lose the game at Old Trafford and yet stay top.:eek:So a lot depends on how the team performans in the next few games.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Exactly.
MU-Arsenal match is the last game, if im not wrong.
We can make sure we'll win it in the next few games. And hope Liverpool will slip.
Lets say we keep winning until MU game, and MU and Liverpool also keep winning. Then we will be 4 points clear from Liverpool and 5 points clear from MU. So the last does not make any difference.
But, I doubt we can win all games remaining with all the injuries we have.

Honestly, if we cannot win EPL, I prefer MU to win it rather than LIvepool.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My fellow Gunners it is not that simple because you have mae a mistake. Man Utd is actually the 2nd last game of the season, Everton is the last game which is going to be played on the 11th of May.
MEANING if all 3 top teams keep winning until we play UTD and we lose to Utd then we absoloutly MUST beat Everton otherwise Liverpool and Utd could finish above us.
It is not as easy as all the papers make it out to be, that is why it is important that we at least draw with United because then any result against Everton will do, even a loss is fine if we continue to hold a better goal average then Liverpool.
Also everybody is talking about the game with Utd when we also have a really hard game this weekend against Tottenham and any dropped points in that game could cost us the title.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
well wat i think is that if we even lose one game
it could be the end
lost the momentum, confidence etc
we can draw and still have motivation
cose if we lose
we need to start winning again and its hard with this title race, the pressure will grow and our players will be stressed
right now atleast its comfortable for us since we got a game in hand
one mistake could be the end
because liverpool has pretty easy teams left to verse

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
The Scousers are in the best position among the three teams.They have all the bottom teams and three of them at home.However these bottom teams could be the thorn on every side as they'll be fighting for survival and we might get to see some strange results in the next few weeks.

However if Arsenal wins all the remaining games till the United game,then even if they lose the match at Old Trafford,The gunners will have one game left against Everton at Highbury.Thats a relatively easy tie and one from which Arsenal will be expected to take all three points.So a slip-up is still affordable for the Gunners.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I do think Arsenal can win the title if they keep performing at this same level !!

like the one vs Newcastle !! that one is terrific......

The Premiership is #1 !!! We need to win it !!

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i think liverpool tends to stuff up against easy teams
and they kinda ride on luck sometimes
the nearest time they did was in the CL against bayer leverkusen
1-0?
come on
we beat them 4-1
i totally hate the liverpool playing style
its not very fun to watch
i rather man utd win the EPL then them

but ofcourse arsenal will

i think we should let man utd win if we finished top already
give them 2nd place then livo

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I agree. I hate Liverpool so much. They have to be the most BORING team in the world. I would also prefer Man U to finish above Liverpool, mainly because Man U have been exciting to watch and there seems to be many goals in their matches, but Liverpool have no flair, they don't deserve to win the league, and I think they will slip up!

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
hardly anyone likes the style of livo players
its so boring!!

thats how barca got a 25 pass goal in the CL
cose liverpool was just standing and watching!

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
I don't want to jinx it but yes, Arsenal will win the title. Man United and Liverpool are somehow still alive and very much kicking in Europe and barring a miracle will be preoccupied with that for at least another few weeks, meaning their players will be travelling and playing cup-finals from now until the end of the season both in the league and midweek.

Besides the European distraction for the Scousers and Mancs, if there was an Entertainment League then you lot would do the double. Arsenal has been playing awesome attacking football all year and deserve the crown on style alone (besides, we would take runners-up I'm sure you'd agree ;) ).

On the flipside, Liverpool should be charged for crimes against football - with their squad of talent (Owen, Litmanen and Anelka alone!) they should be playing the beautiful game, not that slow-setting-concrete chess they prefer.

Cheers ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts