Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the bad news is that gary neville has today been completely ruled out of going to japan and south korea. over recent years gary neville has firmly established himself as the nations right-back. although he has had his recent critics in recent years, over the last couple of seasons he has come on leaps and bounds.

the good news however is that after x-rays today david beckham has been confirmed as healing very well following the notorius tackle by that argie. he will be going to the world-cup!

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Thats a great news!!! I mean it would be such a shame to see the England team in the WC being led by either Sol Campbell or Michael Owen.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Too bad for Gaz.:(He has been great for us all season whether he played as a central defender or as a right back.He answered a lot of his critics this season with solid performances one after the other and how much he added to the defense was demonstrated in the games against Leverkusen.However he's still young and has another WC ahead of him.

As for Becks.....well it was always certain that he would go and its just great news for England and football fans in general.After all who'd want to see just an excellent footballer miss out on the greatest spectacle on Earth.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Gary Neville out of World Cup.

Beckham should be fit for Wotld cup.

Wheres the bad news in that?? :D

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Im getting sick of everyone calling Neville! If he's that crap then why is he always a regular for United and England?

Gary Neville is a red is a red is a red, Gary Neville is a red, he 8's scousers...

·
International
9,526 Posts
JLE said:

yeah, and when we have to put up with Carragher in the team, I hope you remember that

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JLE said:

gary neville is an excellent defender now and i think you should remember that before coming into OUR forum and mouthing off. that goes to all the other gunners and scousers who come in here with the deliberate intention of taking the piss. you're not big and you're certainly not clever and all your doing is getting a reputation for yourselves.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Come on guys.
It's not only Arse or 'Pool fans pulling your legs on the Neville Bro's. They're universally recognized to be weak points for England. Simple as that. Doesn't mean they can't produce and be valuable at club level, which they are- beyond questioning.

Ciao.

·
Registered
322 Posts
garry neville`s got over 50 caps and is one of englands most consistent performers he`s a huge loss to england and anyone who says otherwise obvisouly don`t no what the f*ck there on about.
now phil neville is a differnet story.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Gary Neville only plays for England, because he is the best right back out of a very very bad bunch, Mills, Carragher etc...
Gary Neville is not world class or even a class defender, he is a very dodgy defender who lacks pace an power. Gary Neville is so crap that Eriksson was desperate to experiment Cole as left back and Wayne bridge another left back at right back. Unfortuantely Cole was injured.

·
Registered
322 Posts
never said he was world class,just a very good defender at either rightback or even in the centre,he`s also had a very good season and would of been one of the first picked for the far east.
so when you get twats like your buddy jle saying no garry neville for england is good thing it just pisses you off.

and i seriously doubt sven would have put bridge on the right infront of neville,who works so well with becks:confused:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Have to agree with those that don't rate the Nevilles particularly highly. They are both average players at best - sh!t at worst.

Gary Neville is a pretty poor full back whose positional sense is non existant. He is made look good because he is helped along by his mate Beckham who frequently tracks back to protect him. His distribution of the ball is awful - he normally just boots it up the wing.
Has looked better at centre half but I haven't seen him play enough in this position to judge.

IMO Mills and Carragher are both better bets in this position from an England point of view.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Gary Neville is hardworking and solid enough - but going forward, he's Nationwide quality!

·
International
9,526 Posts
Cokane said:
Have to agree with those that don't rate the Nevilles particularly highly. They are both average players at best - sh!t at worst.

Gary Neville is a pretty poor full back whose positional sense is non existant.
no way man. Gary isn't a Josimar or Santos, but he isn't sh!te. Gary has been pretty consistent this year at the back. The real problems at United lay with Barthez and Blanc early on, along with some rather worrying displays from Brown and Silvestre. Phil, admittedly, is nothing special, but Gary is definitely better than Carragher, who looks incable of anything except putting a tackle in to me. Mills has potential, but again, he's nothing special. If becks is fit, I think it will be Dyer at rightback for England in Gaz's place.

·
Registered
547 Posts
My first choice would be Mills.

Although he has had a bad disciplinary record he is very good going forward and is the one player that I have seen this season that managed to keep Damien Duff relatively quiet.

He seems like a d!ck though. He would probably nutt you as soon as say hello.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts