Xtratime Community banner

Do you think Liverpool have an ugly shirt?

• I would never wear it alone. Or in front of people.

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • I have it painted on my skin

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • stfu, I'm a pool fan *sob*

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • we beat your ass at Delle Empty ahahahahaha

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • *covers ears* lalalala, can't hear you

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • this poll is not HMS compliant

Votes: 4 12.1%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the longest time I can't understand why a lot of English clubs have quite attractive shirts while Liverpool always suck in that department. I've seen a couple of away kits over the years that weren't too bad but the home shirt always stinks. The only team I would expect to wear that shirt is the old USSR, but they never were much about fashion anyway.

To make it an easier choice, here are some examples.

ugly

ugly

uglier

uglier

hideous

much, much better

reminds me of the Irish NT but still quite nice

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
How can a shirt that's just plain red be ugly? :confused: :D

You could maybe say it's not very creative (which is probably a good thing in any case), but ugly? :neutral:

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vagabondo said:
How can a shirt that's just plain red be ugly? :confused: :D

You could maybe say it's not very creative (which is probably a good thing in any case), but ugly? :neutral:
Well.. it's ugly. It's not an attractive red color, had it been brighter it would be better. It's also very dull since it's all one color.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
numerodix said:
Well.. it's ugly. It's not an attractive red color, had it been brighter it would be better. It's also very dull since it's all one color.
What are you on about, "attractive red"? :D

it's the same colour as Ferrari which is fine for me :)

besides it's just a traditional colour anyway, so if that is a bit dull what should they do, throw in some orange and lime green to go with it? :D

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vagabondo said:
What are you on about, "attractive red"? :D

it's the same colour as Ferrari which is fine for me :)

besides it's just a traditional colour anyway, so if that is a bit dull what should they do, throw in some orange and lime green to go with it? :D
It just looks ugly, does it matter why? That it may look good on a car doesn't automatically make it look good on a shirt. :pp

A little white wouldn't hurt. More like the Arsenal shirt which has always been much better.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
lmao! what ! i think it is the best EPL shirt :) Pure red looks classy :)

Well , if you are upset at the defeat mate , here is one.....a juve fan told me on MSN
" Of course , we lost 2-1 , how can anyone play at your 3 by 3 mini ground " PATHETIICC! haha

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
is it that the shirt looks uglier when the team does ?

it looked better in them days.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
numerodix said:
A little white wouldn't hurt. More like the Arsenal shirt which has always been much better.
I don't know what to say man :eekani:

not one for tradition are you. btw I reckon Juve need a change from black and white. maybe they should muscle in on Brazil's canary yellow and blue or something :tongue:

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You know the rule about not comparing teams from different eras? Same goes with shirts, that one right there doesn't look like much but then manufacturing and selling shirts wasn't exactly the industry it has become.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vagabondo said:
I don't know what to say man :eekani:

not one for tradition are you. btw I reckon Juve need a change from black and white. maybe they should muscle in on Brazil's canary yellow and blue or something :tongue:
Traditional doesn't make it pretty. Our centenary 3rd kit was pink, doesn't make it pretty though.

·
63,337 Posts
wait til you all see our kit for next season, you are all going to get a lovely surprise, no white on the shirt at all. :D

·
63,337 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
I've seen the shirt for next season Jern, it's um, yeah.

I just hope we don't play an away game first, i can already hear the chant of "what the fukin hell is that?" ;)

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
nah..pretty ordinary.... it depends on the person to Wears it.

Give it to people like Lamps or Becks type... looks cool.

Give it to people like FAt Ronaldo... whatever designer stuff, he wouldnt look good.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
wait til you all see our kit for next season, you are all going to get a lovely surprise, no white on the shirt at all. :D
Jern, I heard when Arsenal move to the new stadium, purple is going to be the home shirt colour, to signify a new era. I read somewhere before Highbury Arsenal used to wear purple and changed their colour when they moved to Highbury to red. :confused:

·
63,337 Posts
peninsula said:
Jern, I heard when Arsenal move to the new stadium, purple is going to be the home shirt colour, to signify a new era. I read somewhere before Highbury Arsenal used to wear purple and changed their colour when they moved to Highbury to red. :confused:
Purple ? :eekani:

no, thankfully it isn't that bad, the colour is Maroon/Claret which we played in in the first season at Highbury, we played with red after that and the white sleeves came later when Herbert Chapman arrived.

so next year it will be Maroon/Claret jerseys , white shorts.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts