Xtratime Community banner

Should Roy Keane apologize to Ireland's soccer fans??

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roy Keane is back in the Ireland team and whatever your opinions are of this man, there is no doubt that he will bring something extra tto the team. He is the greatest player that Ireland has ever produced in my opinion

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I think he should apologise. The fact is that he abandoned his fans cause he was too arrogant!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or because he is a winner Pat? All the players said the facilities for Ireland were bad, now they have improved since Keane tok a stand. I don't need Keane to say sorry. I understand his situation.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I was in a similar situation once, but I apologised and ended up marrying her.

D

·
0 Posts
Of course he shouldn't apologise for what he did. Ireland under McCarthy would have been inept regardless of who played. Roy Keane's actions have changed Irish football for the better. I think the nation should apologise to Roy. I know that when he plays his first game at Lansdowne I'll be cheering for him and applauding his every touch, i would hope the rest of the people there will do the same, regardless of what clowns like Liam Brady say.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Sounds about right

·
Registered
14 Posts
What Roy Keane did is what he did. Many people today do what he did at their current jobs. Some are sacked (fired), some have documentation of their activities and others just come to reconcile their differences. The only difference is Keane choose a career where he is the public light.

I don't think anyone of us could agree with how he did what he did, but most of us understand it. I've certainly wanted to tell my boss "to hell with you"... as many of have.

I think in his book he was blamed for the Irish team leaving the training pitch after Andy Townsend (who complained with the rest of the team about the humidity and temperature) started the motion.

Roy is just sometimes in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'd vote for him for Governor of California anytime over Arnold! :thmbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts