Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think that Brasil should change theit tactics and way of worl to play with a striker that is the best in all world playing inside the area (with his head or with is feet) or can Jardel fit the team such as it is?

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Yes, i do think we should play with the best striker of the world....and that is ROMARIO!;) :D :cool:

And NO , Jardel should never play for us, we appreciate a good and beautiful game of football!;) :D :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ze da Fiel

do you think Romario can still play 90 minutes (or 120 minutes)? ... does he currently play 90 minutes with Vasco? ... and if he does, is he effective the full 90 minutes?

if the answer to the above is yes, yes, yes ... then Scolari is as weird as Black Beard!

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Offcourse Romario can play 90 minutes, unlike the Nike boy.. Ronaldo. Romario can play 90 minutes and has a 1 goal per game average in the Brazillian league and he's no push over, he's lead the league in scoring and also in the Rio-Sao Paolo tournament aswell and has tooken Vasco on alot of 1 goal game winners. ;)

Romario is no doubt the best striker Brazil have had in the past 10 years, and Romario is still knocking in gols every single time he plays, Let's go O Baixinho!

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
For Jardel to score goals, the entire team would have to concentrate on getting the ball to him, sending crosses into the area all match long. It is not something I would want to see, so my answer is no, I do not think Brasil should change its tactics to suit Jardel.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
personally i dont mind Jardel join the team, the matter is he can score when we get the corner kick :D . anyway, i dont believe he will be in the first team IF he brought to the WC. so it wont bother our balance of playing.
guys, we dont have any strikers else with good heading which will be usefull when we play againts defensive teams. well it's just my thoughts.
the important thing is the first choice of strikers would be Romario and Ronaldo :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
This is an academic debate anyhow

because if Scolary did not call Mario even when he is playing in Portugal ,he is not likely to call him ever/

Well that does not make the debate less interesting/ I wouold like to bring out some points:

1. This is the best year of Jardel ever. He scored 37 goals in 28 matches, but what impresses me more is that he has also 16 asists, so, we may say that he intervened in 53 goals in 2577 minutes that he played, and that is only liga, he has more 5 in the UEFA cup and unknown (to me ) number of goals in the national cup/ So it is not to be despised/

2/ Figp and other Portugal players of their NT declared that they are very happy that Jardel is not playing against them. They said that this year he is the best ever, motivated maybe. as they say to prove himself worthy of the seleccao.

3. I agree completely with the poster who said that is absolutely absurd to adapt the tactics of the Seleccao to the style of one player. But, sometimes it is not such a bad idea to adapt the alianation and the style to the rival. I can tell you something : When my team Barça played against Osasuna´s very physical team, I saw Rivaldo (1.86) kicking corners (!?) and in the area, poor Saviola (1.69) a wonderfull player with Romario -like characteristics, tried in vain to jump higher than the robust Osasuna defenders. I felt some "saudade"¨for a player like Jardel in that moment.

Now, we have in this mundial some NT that are like that. (We can not choose the rival ,unfotunately) I think that against teams like the Argies, Paraguay, maybe Italy, a player with the strength and robustness of Jardel which lives to the name of his natal town, will be usefull- The mundial may be long and exhausting, injuries may appear, I still beleive that such a player can be quite useful. Actually I made up my mind about that when I found out about his assists, so he can be useful to his co- players as well

Anyway, it is just an academic debate, so I hope ZE that you can look at it more open -mindly. At least think about the points that I hade made-

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Luz,
When you have Romario, Ronaldo, Franca, Luizao, Edilson, Edmundo (ok he is a joke nowadays), Amoroso etc..etc. why the hell will you think of JARDEL??:confused: :rolleyes:

We only have 2 slots for all these guys in the team!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Luz,
When you have Romario, Ronaldo, Franca, Luizao, Edilson, Edmundo (ok he is a joke nowadays), Amoroso etc..etc. why the hell will you think of JARDEL??

We only have 2 slots for all these guys in the team!

No offense to what you said, but not one of those players scored a goal yesturday. Yes jardel plays "ugly futebol" compared to the rest of the brazilians, but when is it ever ugly to score goals:undecide:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sure, he scores goals...and he scores a hell lot of them as well, but we just aren't that desparate to 'redesign' the team once again, just for Jardel to fit in...

The others strikers will score the goals...don't worry about that...

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
If your talking about goals, i doubt Jardel will ever catch Romario's goalscoring record.

So now what is the other argument?? Simply there is none, cause Romario scores more than Jardel!

·
Registered
719 Posts
If ROMARIO is capable to go out late night, go to a cool party and enjoy it for 4 hours and after all this F(_)CK with three beautiful women in the same night, i think play 90 or 120 min. is a child´s joke to him...;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts