Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want know if you guys support your club because you like the club , or if you are supporting a certain club just because your favourite player plays there ( I am not saying that this is wrong ) , and you will follow him to his next club when he leaves??

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
i'm a roma fan since the world cup in italy in 1990. reason? GIANNINI!! but now he's gone and i still love roma. i didn't have an italian club and he made me decide. even if he left (i would have still liked him) i would have stayed with as roma

although i to started because of a player, it worries me a bit we have soo much "new supporters" because of batigoal. i hope they will stay when he's gone but i have my doubts. i don't like people changing clubs because a player changes.

being a supporter of a club is more than liking a player. there is nothing easier than being a fan of batigoal (notice that nobody changes his favourite team when some average dude goes away). he's soo good wherever he plays he will always shine.

a club has its glory but also its. being a fan is all about sticking to your team when it goes bad.

can you imagine my favourite player (except for baseggio of course) is juan veron and he plays with the enemy!
------------------
Always trying to be modest. And damn proud of it!

[This message has been edited by gOD (edited 08-06-2000).]

L

·
0 Posts
Legend, you raise an important question. Do you choose a club or do they choose you? I grew up in England, my dad was Irish and so was the then captain of Spurs, Danny Balnchflower. So I became a Spurs fan. Before I moved to Scotland I followed Celtic as they were closely associated with Ireland and leftist politics. However now I live in Scotland I go to see my local team, St Mirren.
How did I choose AS Roma? My friend in San Giovanni, Andrea, who I met through work told me all about Roma. I went to see them in a 2-2 draw, pissing away a 2-0 lead in the last ten minutes and saw that they were so much like my other teams. Football with flair, panache and passion.
But then who can resista team with Vincent Candela?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm a Roma fan since I'm interested in Italian soccer.

G

·
0 Posts
I have been a Roma supporter since the early 80s.

A mate of mine like Juventus, and in the early 80s it was Juve and Roma at the top of the leauge. I liked the colours, i have a great interest in Ancient Roman history and Roma was the first foreign city i ever visited.
The supports behind the goals are the best in the world and they have a great enblem.

What else can i say! Roma have always been the team for me.

Forza Roma.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts