Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want know if you guys support your club because you like the club , or if you are supporting a certain club just because your favourite player plays there ( I am not saying that this is wrong ) , and you will follow him to his next club when he leaves??

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
If I supported Parma because of a player then Parma wouldnt be my club,it would be my favorite player's club.

But I'm not an original Parma supporter I think.

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

P

·
0 Posts
I am a Parma supporter. I DO NOT support clubs besides Parma.

Forza Parma!

------------------
COOL MOVE!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wonder if Thuram or Amo remember the story as to why I support Parma...

Regardless, it's basically due to a 4-1 thrashing of the much-hated Inter Milan two seasons ago in which Crespo scored an amazing back heel goal (his first of many that season I believe). It was my first Serie A match, and I was hooked on the team with the odd bumble-bee jersey.

Once you're a fan, you can't become a non-fan. You can't "cheat" on your team like you can cheat on a girlfriend/boyfriend. It's Parma for life.

For the record, I also support Spurs for some Godawful reason, and Leverkusen for the simpler reason that they support American players like no other club.

·
Registered
385 Posts
iM FAN club since ten years ago¡
i like Parma as a good team that pretend be a big team¡
we will do it¡

Forza Parma
Consequently i like a lot of players:
THURAM, BUFFON, CRESPO, CANNAVARO, MONTAÑO

I HATE MILAN¡

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
i'm not a parma fan (although i like them very much cause of george grun). i just wanted to react to steve. that is soo true (and frightening) you can cheat oon your girl and be soo mad at her, but you can't do that at your favourite team. even though you say that you hope they 'll loose, deep in your hearth you know that is not true.

or do i have serious relation-problems? ;)

------------------
Always trying to be modest. And damn proud of it!

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
No gOD, I don't think you have a 'serious relatios-problems'. ;) Gals come and go but your team remains your team! For better or worse, blablabla...
The love for the team you support is so special, there's no way you can compare it with girls. At least that's how I feel about my team!
If I only like the player, that doesn't mean I like the club too, right? Just like what Amo said.

Viva Football

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
This is so true guys...you just cant change your team.As we,the PAOK fans say here in Greece

"Oso mas pligonis toso mas poronis"

Which means "as much as you hurt us,we get passionated with you even more"

I dont know,but the after-mtch depression syndrom is one of the worst feelings in life.You know,your team has just lost and you after have sweared on every sinlge player,the referee,the balls,the stadium,the god and the saints,and you have beaten up your little sister and your dog you sit on a chair staring at the floor and have this WHY? all over your mind...UGH! awful feeling but so sweet...its bitter and sweet together.I can explainm it! :)

As Bill Shankley once said "I get dissapointed when I hear people saying that football is life,its so much more than that"

VIVA FOOTBALL,SOCCER<FUTEBOL,PODOSFERO,CALCIO!

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I became a Parma fan three years ago, as I realise that that they had a handful of great Argentinians in the roster. Argentina has been my national team favorite (besides Finland, my own national team of course) for a long, long time. I was especially fond of Veron (whom I saw play in Helsinki with Sampdoria in a friendly that HJK, my local team, won 3-0!), but when he left for Lazio, my passion towards the Gialloblu grew even deeper.

So now it's all Parma and nothing but Parma, especuialy after visiting the town and seeing the Gialloblu beat Milan at the Tardini (2-0, officially 1-0) this April.:)

Now that Euro2000 begins, and Finland of course are not in, I have a hard time making my mind up which team to support. First I thought, OK it's Italy, but since Gigi got injured I might switch to support France, who play TWO Parma players (Thuram and Micoud) whereas Italy only has ONE left. And France has less Juve players as well...

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Though Parma is not my fave team of all (my first team is Real Madrid:)), in Serie A, I always have been a Parma fan so far, and I can't see anyway it will be changed.

If I love a team because of fave players, god, I would be a Inter Milan fan....errrrrrrr

I became a Parma fan one year ago, when they have Veron and Crespo and Thuram ect, I thought it was perfect, in that season, I truely believed that they would be the CHAMPION!!!! But everything proved that I am not a good predictor. After one year later, Veron left, it hurt when you see your fave player in this club leave, and indeed, you knew it's gonna be a stupid sell, they will rue it one day! Anyway, Crespo also may leave this season :mad: ... but it is too late for me to change another fave team, my heart has already rooted in this club--Parma!

And yes, I will still follow my fave players, but there is no way to let me support their new clubs (i.e. Lazio, Inter, Juve...)

The season is so simple: Because I didn't love a team because players!!! If you really love a team, I just can't figure out which particular factor makes you love it, because there are so many factors and it also can be so ridiculous. Well, I think up a reason when I like Parma from first eye, their jersey is so COOOOOOL!

P

·
0 Posts
Woops... let's hope those Parma-supporting guys become
Parma Mania too...

Let's get manic!

·
Registered
421 Posts
i'm a TRUE fan of PARMA
MY ONLY LOYELTY is to them
i WAS a PLAYER -FAN
i supprort parma cuase they signed ZOLA
i was a ZOLA fan
and then after the years
WHEN parma sold zola i was thinkking
i'm i will support chelsi
NOOOOOO
i DESCOVERED that i'm A PARMA FAN
i've being a TEAM FAN

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Yeah Amo, that famous quote by Shankley,
"...football is not a matter of life and death, it's more important that that!"
Heyy, this quote once came out as an essay topic in my exams and of course I wrote abt it...my best essay mark it gave me!
Still I quite like this motto : "soccer is life, life is soccer". How can someone lose interest in football after some years...it still boggles my mind :confused:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
As you can see by my name(please dont bug me about the choice of player) i dont fallow my Fav player. I luv Parma, they were the first team i ever saw play !!!!!!! They were playing Roma i think, as i watched i was facinated at how the jersey stood out on the field !!! I started too watch more of there games(not very many though, i live in canada) and just fell in luv with them, then i saw them play Juve and i realy enjoyed watching Pippo play, but i was still chearing for Parma.

Thats my story

Forza Parma

1 - 15 of 15 Posts